What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg has pretty much said one Sydney team will be relocated.

jim_57

Staff member
That's a very good lint about Campbelltown. Forty years of history suggests it is incapable of supporting a professional rugby league club.

I think the main appeal of Campbelltown would be the population growth that is forecast in the next 20-30 years. The Tigers would have a chance to cement a large area of their own instead of being “boxed in” by bigger clubs.

In saying that there are definitely flaws in that plan as well.

Wb1234

Referee
I think the main appeal of Campbelltown would be the population growth that is forecast in the next 20-30 years. The Tigers would have a chance to cement a large area of their own instead of being “boxed in” by bigger clubs.

Sydney population is booming out there and towards Penrith

Bukowski

Juniors

The thing about Campbo is that it's only Wests that have failed there. You give Gus and the dogs a crack there and things would probably be different for that region

MugaB

Coach
The thing about Campbo is that it's only Wests that have failed there. You give Gus and the dogs a crack there and things would probably be different for that region
He has mentioned the competitions out there are pretty good with their juniors talentwise, is he gets Canterburys area up and running to what it use to be then goes to poach from that macarthur area, watch out, dogs will be force

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
So is the ideal solution for the Tigers to re-focus on inner-West & let Bulldogs claim the South-west?

For instance...

SFS - Rabbitohs & Roosters

Parramatta Stadium - Eels & Tigers

Campbelltown (or a new build in Liverpool if they don't want to go so far SW) - Bulldogs

Bukowski

Juniors
So is the ideal solution for the Tigers to re-focus on inner-West & let Bulldogs claim the South-west?

For instance...

SFS - Rabbitohs & Roosters

Parramatta Stadium - Eels & Tigers

Campbelltown (or a new build in Liverpool if they don't want to go so far SW) - Bulldogs
The owners are in Ashfield, football operations at Burswood so they have already chosen the inner west. All games at Commbank makes sense to me. But they continue to worry about fans from 2 clubs that died 23 years ago.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Gawd save us from Gus and the Dogs.

The Macarthur area goes up towards Penriths area up to around Warragamba / Silverdale from memory, and into the Liverpool area as well as now being merged with the Sthn Highlands group.
Illawarra borders them in that area from around Douglas Park & Wilton approximately. Parra I think borders on the other side of Liverpool.

It’s a pretty large RL area and Wests Macarthur (not Wests Ashfield afaik) just last week or so handed to over $330,000 to assist in registration and other costs for the juniors.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Clubs get more than half their revenue from corporate game day sales and sponsorships. i suspect theres not many wealthy companies in the Campbelltown region hence the reluctance for anyone to be based there.

the idea of the tigers becoming WS Tigers owned by a wealthy consortium rather than a pokie den and playing Ft out of WSS makes the most sense.

If WS needs the Tigers when it has 3-4 clubs already covering the region is a different discussion

Last edited:

Pneuma

First Grade
Gawd save us from Gus and the Dogs.

The Macarthur area goes up towards Penriths area up to around Warragamba / Silverdale from memory, and into the Liverpool area as well as now being merged with the Sthn Highlands group.
Illawarra borders them in that area from around Douglas Park & Wilton approximately. Parra I think borders on the other side of Liverpool.

It’s a pretty large RL area and Wests Macarthur (not Wests Ashfield afaik) just last week or so handed to over $330,000 to assist in registration and other costs for the juniors.

greenBV4

Bench
Wests have had the power and 90% ownership since about 2015 now though.
still that need to appease both sides

would honestly be better for everyone if wests just took back full control, re-rebranded as the magpies (I personally like the sound of Macarthur Magpies, with a link to the a-league side and joint lobbying for a stadium), and opened up the tigers branding for easts in Brisbane to eventually get the nod

instead we have the wests magpies dressed as a tiger, but in the most "i dont give a shit" costume ever

they supposedly see the value in the tigers brand, but then simultaneously refuse to wear a predominantly orange jersey, its honestly perplexing

Bukowski

Juniors
still that need to appease both sides

would honestly be better for everyone if wests just took back full control, re-rebranded as the magpies (I personally like the sound of Macarthur Magpies, with a link to the a-league side and joint lobbying for a stadium), and opened up the tigers branding for easts in Brisbane to eventually get the nod

instead we have the wests magpies dressed as a tiger, but in the most "i dont give a shit" costume ever

they supposedly see the value in the tigers brand, but then simultaneously refuse to wear a predominantly orange jersey, its honestly perplexing
It's a clusterf#ck of a club, very frustrating as a fan.

Wb1234

Referee
Wests Ashfield don’t own wests Campbelltown hence the problem

games at lo are closer to their leagues club in Ashfield

Latest posts