What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW - 2023

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I follow Kezie on Instagram and the other day see has a boarding pass for a flight to Brissy. I assumed a holiday or attending this weekend game.

I’d be shattered if she moved to another team.
Its would surprise me, its a little toxic up there and if she left the Saints I think it would be the Tigers.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

The National Rugby League and Rugby League Players Association have announced that the contracting window will be open for the NRL Telstra Women's Premiership tomorrow (Wednesday, March 29) at 9am AEDT.

The NRL and the RLPA have agreed key detail around the NRLW contracts, allowing for players to sign with Clubs for the 2023 season and beyond. This means for the first time NRLW players are able to sign multi-year contracts with Clubs.

"We are extremely excited to be officially opening the contract window for the 2023 NRL Telstra Women's Premiership. This is a watershed moment for rugby league. We are pleased to have agreed the key terms of the NRLW contracting model with the RLPA and Clubs resulting in a landmark new salary cap, minimum wage and player benefits," NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said.

"For the first time, elite female players have the opportunity to sign multi-year contracts with 10 NRLW Clubs, which provides these players with long term security and certainty.

"The Commission's investment in the women's game is being prioritised at all levels. This is an important step forward, and one of many we will be taking in the future."

Clint Newton, CEO of the RLPA, thanked the players for their solidarity and the crucial role they played in the opening of a historic contracting window for NRLW players.

"I would like to thank the entire NRLW playing group for their determination and commitment to securing strong payments, benefits, and entitlements for current and future players. The new NRLW contracting structure will play a significant role in retaining and recruiting the best talent, helping with the continual growth in participation and exposure for the women's game.

"Along with the players, I would like to acknowledge the incredible role played by Lina Caccamo, our GM of Elite Women, in supporting the players and ensuring their contracts gave them the security and protections they deserve. Our attention now turns to finalising our joint-CBA with the NRL for both male and female players and continuing to build the foundations that will lead to full professionalism for NRLW players."

Clubs will have a top 24 NRLW squad list in addition to funding for investment in four development players for the 2023 NRL Telstra Women's Premiership.

The 2023 NRLW season will have a total period of 20 weeks (nine-round regular season, semi finals, Grand Final). Pre-season training will commence on Monday 29 May.

The draw for the 2023 NRLW season is likely to be announced next week.

The NRL is investing circa $118m over five years including significant improvements in minimum wage, entitlements and contracting.

Following terms agreed between the NRL and the RLPA in February, the NRLW salary cap rises from $350,000 in 2022 to $900,000 in 2023 with annual salary caps over the 5-year cycle set as follows;

• 2023 - $900,000
  • 2024 - $1,020,000
  • 2025 - $1,254,000
  • 2026 - $1,386,000
  • 2027 - $1,518,000
The minimum NRLW salaries over the 5-year cycle are set as follows;

• 2023 - $30,000
  • 2024 - $34,000
  • 2025 - $41,800
  • 2026 - $46,200
  • 2027 - $50,600

May start to hear some news about signings from tomorrow - I did hear they have up to the 24th May to fill their 24 player and 4 development players squad.

I wonder what the payments are for the development player contracts ?

Marque players have been reduced from 2 per club to only 1 - I assume the same as previously with their wage not included under the cap- So only 23 players included under the cap

23 players x 30k is $690k -So only 210 k available as extra payments above 30k for your main players

The National Rugby League and Rugby League Players Association have announced that the contracting window will be open for the NRL Telstra Women's Premiership tomorrow (Wednesday, March 29) at 9am AEDT.

The NRL and the RLPA have agreed key detail around the NRLW contracts, allowing for players to sign with Clubs for the 2023 season and beyond. This means for the first time NRLW players are able to sign multi-year contracts with Clubs.

"We are extremely excited to be officially opening the contract window for the 2023 NRL Telstra Women's Premiership. This is a watershed moment for rugby league. We are pleased to have agreed the key terms of the NRLW contracting model with the RLPA and Clubs resulting in a landmark new salary cap, minimum wage and player benefits," NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said.

"For the first time, elite female players have the opportunity to sign multi-year contracts with 10 NRLW Clubs, which provides these players with long term security and certainty.

"The Commission's investment in the women's game is being prioritised at all levels. This is an important step forward, and one of many we will be taking in the future."

Clint Newton, CEO of the RLPA, thanked the players for their solidarity and the crucial role they played in the opening of a historic contracting window for NRLW players.

"I would like to thank the entire NRLW playing group for their determination and commitment to securing strong payments, benefits, and entitlements for current and future players. The new NRLW contracting structure will play a significant role in retaining and recruiting the best talent, helping with the continual growth in participation and exposure for the women's game.

"Along with the players, I would like to acknowledge the incredible role played by Lina Caccamo, our GM of Elite Women, in supporting the players and ensuring their contracts gave them the security and protections they deserve. Our attention now turns to finalising our joint-CBA with the NRL for both male and female players and continuing to build the foundations that will lead to full professionalism for NRLW players."

Clubs will have a top 24 NRLW squad list in addition to funding for investment in four development players for the 2023 NRL Telstra Women's Premiership.

The 2023 NRLW season will have a total period of 20 weeks (nine-round regular season, semi finals, Grand Final). Pre-season training will commence on Monday 29 May.

The draw for the 2023 NRLW season is likely to be announced next week.

The NRL is investing circa $118m over five years including significant improvements in minimum wage, entitlements and contracting.

Following terms agreed between the NRL and the RLPA in February, the NRLW salary cap rises from $350,000 in 2022 to $900,000 in 2023 with annual salary caps over the 5-year cycle set as follows;

• 2023 - $900,000
  • 2024 - $1,020,000
  • 2025 - $1,254,000
  • 2026 - $1,386,000
  • 2027 - $1,518,000
The minimum NRLW salaries over the 5-year cycle are set as follows;

• 2023 - $30,000
  • 2024 - $34,000
  • 2025 - $41,800
  • 2026 - $46,200
  • 2027 - $50,600
I wonder if these caps/minimum wages will change when they add more teams ?

I hope the NRL doesn't include more teams and keep it as a 9 week regular season comp plus 2 weeks finals

You can see the Warriors / Bulldogs and Rabbitohs being added possible in 2025

Not quite sure where Penrith/Storm/Dolphins/Manly are up to with their Women's programs which is one of the criteria's to be considered for entry to the NRLW Comp- Penrith and Manly both have Tarsha Gale sides

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Warriors I think will be the next. The Bulldogs keep thinking they have been promised an NRLW team every year since 2020.
The riff have done a backflip and started funding their women's program. With no HNWP team it might be hard.
I can't see souths getting in too soon, they just don't want to spend any money.
Manly maybe 5-10 years time

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Amazing that the best prop in the game who appears on Ch9 ends up at the roosters.
or the DAlly M player of the year ended up at the Dragons or the next best half ended up at Parramatta or the best fullback ended up at Cronulla and the best backrower ended up at the Tigers.
Its funny isn't it 😒

Amazing that the best prop in the game who appears on Ch9 ends up at the roosters.
Bad Roosters how dare they sign players to replace one's that have left.

Roosters Losses so far: Raecene McGregor (Dragons), Sam Bremner (retirement), Angelina Teakaraanga Katoa (Dragons), Destiny Brill (Broncos), Zahara Temara (Raiders) Sarah Togatuki (Wests Tigers), Shaniah Power (Cowboys), Chante Temara (Raiders).

Gains: Millie Boyle (Knights), Amber Hall (Broncos), Keeley Davis (Dragons).

Re-signed: Isabelle Kelly, Keilee Joseph, Olivia Kernick, Otesa Pule

Homo man69

Juniors
Mele Hufanga has joined the Broncos for her NRLW debut, she's the one that came out of nowhere and was the best player for NZ. She's a rugby convert

Mele Hufanga has joined the Broncos for her NRLW debut, she's the one that came out of nowhere and was the best player for NZ. She's a rugby convert
Rugby convert? What the hell does that mean?

Firstly, she's been playing League and Union in Auckland for a few years now. Her League club is Ponsonby. She also turned out for Tonga in a League Pacific Test against Niue in 2020.

Have you ever noticed the R in acronyms like NRL or NRLW? What do you think it stands for?

There's a headline at the moment on NRL.com - "Asofa-Solomona secures Storm Future amidst Rugby interest". To most people this translates as "Rugby player remains with current Rugby club despite interest from Rugby".

Referring to RU as "Rugby" turns NRL stories into utter gibberish for 99.9% of the world's population.

Rugby convert? What the hell does that mean?

Firstly, she's been playing League and Union in Auckland for a few years now. Her League club is Ponsonby. She also turned out for Tonga in a League Pacific Test against Niue in 2020.

Have you ever noticed the R in acronyms like NRL or NRLW? What do you think it stands for?

There's a headline at the moment on NRL.com - "Asofa-Solomona secures Storm Future amidst Rugby interest". To most people this translates as "Rugby player remains with current Rugby club despite interest from Rugby".

Referring to RU as "Rugby" turns NRL stories into utter gibberish for 99.9% of the world's population.
Are the Women players able to play both League and Union in the same year when the comps don't clash . The Olympics are next year so a chance to play 7's

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I just can`t believe Nine can have a rubbish super rugby game on Gem every Saturday night - despite its` appalling ratings - and yet can`t find space for an NRLW game which would most likely rate better. Nine really don`t have League`s best interests at heart.
Games are never going to rate as well if you have to go looking for them, especially the case for casuals who may not even know it`s on and will have next to zero chance of stumbling across it. Hopeless. Bet there is plenty of FTA coverage of women`s fumbleball though.

CH 9 have not had the best interest of the game at heart for a long time. They crap all over it and try and tear it down, but that seems the way with most RL media in Australia
This won't change until RL is made an integral part of elite schools sports programmes. When AFL and RU negotiate with the media, people on both sides of the table have a personal affection for those games.

Media execs have a fiduciary duty to their companies. NRL makes money for them. Hence, their interest. But that's as far as it goes. Just a commodity.

The more the media undermine the reputation of RL, the less they have to pay for coverage of the game.

Latest posts