What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Origin 2023 - Series
New South Wales v Queensland
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide / Kaurna, Adelaide (TICKETS)
Wednesday 31 May 2023

Gates 4:30pm, Origin kickoff 7:35pm ACST. Broadcast live on Nine Network and 9Now at 8:05pm AEST.

NSW2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Brian To'o 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Tom Trbojevic 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Tevita Pangai Junior 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Payne Haas 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Hudson Young 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Junior Paulo 15. Cameron Murray 16. Liam Martin 17. Nicho Hynes
Reserves: 18. Stephen Crichton 19. Stefano Utoikamanu

QLD2022TEAM2.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Selwyn Cobbo 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Cameron Munster 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Ben Hunt 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Tom Gilbert 12. David Fifita 13. Patrick Carrigan
Interchange: 14. Harry Grant 15. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 16. Reuben Cotter 17. Jai Arrow
Reserves: 18. Tom Dearden 19. Christian Welch

A-REF-W-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ashley Klein
Touch Judges: Drew Oultram and Phil Henderson
Review Official: Grant Atkins​

Last edited:

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Brad Fittler has named three debutants in a squad, which has been named in alphabetical order.

Josh Addo-Carr , Nathan Cleary, Tyson Frizell, Payne Haas, Nicho Hynes, Apisai Koroisau, Jarome Luai, Liam Martin, Latrell Mitchell, Cameron Murray, Tevita Pangai Junior, Junior Paulo, James Tedesco (c), Brian To'o, Tom Trbojevic, Isaah Yeo, Hudson Young; 18th player – Campbell Graham

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
With that assuming we get this

1. Teddy
2. JAC
3. Fatty
4. TT
5. To’o
6. Luai
7. Chin
8. Haas
9. Api
10. Paulo
11. Murray
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Hynes
15. Friz
16. TPJ
17. Hudson Dumb

Freddy, where yo prop, where yo prop

Exsilium

First Grade
Apparently QLD are going to pick Cobbo to play in the centres with Tualagi to play wing. Wouldn’t it make more sense to just leave them in their preferred position? 🤷‍♂️

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Apparently QLD are going to pick Cobbo to play in the centres with Tualagi to play wing. Wouldn’t it make more sense to just leave them in their preferred position? 🤷‍♂️
Cobbo and Taulagi at wing and Holmes and Hammer in the centres.

Walsh at fullback. Yikes. Would have preferred Ponga but his brain is clearly not well, poor guy.

beave

Coach
Welch should be starting with Tino.

Flegler and Collins off the bench.

I get that Tino is awaiting todays citings.

I think Tualagi should think himself very lucky.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Does 18th man have to miss out this weekend?
Yep 18th man can't play for club this week.

Considered part of the game day team.

HIA rules have changed this year and the ferocity of origin there is a chance Graham may still get a run.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Hynes offers very little injury coverage and I can't see how he gets into the game.
6.Hynes
14.Burton
Would have made a lot more sense

aqua_duck

Coach
TPJ seems like a Gus influenced pick. I’ve never watched TPJ and thought origin player, heck half the time I watch him and don’t even think first grader.
I know NSW were down on props but surely guys like Klemmer, Paseka, Tatola or Utoikamanu were better and more reliable options

yobbo84

First Grade
My biggest gripe with what SOO has become is that it has moved from a representative side to its own "club" where coaches are selectors and decide who they want for combinations etc.

The coaches should have no say.

A combined selection committee should be rewarding the best 34 New South Welshmen and Queenslanders at the time based on form, and then coaches get their 17 players to coach.

"Combinations", "incumbency" or "past deeds" should have nothing to do with representative footy. Selection, IMHO, should be a reward for what you have done in the NRL that season.