What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canard

Immortal
Tom Dearden has to sit out Friday's game as he is 18th man for QLD (this is the 2nd year running this has happened).

Its interesting that there has been no press about this at all, clearly Souths told the NSWRL to let Graham play for them and release him, but for some reason the QRL doesn't seem to give two f**ks.

I feel like if this was a Bronco or a high profile Sydney club (like Parra or Penrith) this would be big news.

Surely the right thing to do is pick an 18th man from a team with a bye. Cowboys spoon chances are already good, but this just piles on the misery.

Fangs

Coach
Tom Dearden has to sit out Friday's game as he is 18th man for QLD (this is the 2nd year running this has happened).

Its interesting that there has been no press about this at all, clearly Souths told the NSWRL to let Graham play for them and release him, but for some reason the QRL doesn't seem to give two f**ks.

I feel like if this was a Bronco or a high profile Sydney club (like Parra or Penrith) this would be big news.

Surely the right thing to do is pick an 18th man from a team with a bye. Cowboys spoon chances are already good, but this just piles on the misery.

The Cows only get one bye during Origin as well. So it's crucial they have their players during this period.

Pumpkin

Juniors
What about Holmes getting monstered by To'a on the weekend?

I think Gagai had the runs on the board to get selected. Has never really disappointed in an origin game. Ballsy move by Slater. Could say it goes against the QLD ethos in a way.

I'm not disputing HTF is the better player week-to-week. He is. Slater thinks Gagai's time is up and HTF will take the banton and go on with it even better than Dane can right now. HTF needs to for drums not to beat next Wednesday night if it goes pair-shaped.
I guess in the case of Holmes they need a goal kicker.

I think the qld loyalty thing is a myth. They swap out players frequently.

You could make a case that nsw are loyal: Luai was being outplayed by Hynes but they stuck with him. Tedesco hasn't been in great form. Addo Carr was coming off an injury. Tom Turbo didn't seem to be able to run at full speed. They stuck with all these players based on past performances.

Woody90

Juniors
I think they've gotten both teams right for once. Api is more well rounded than Cook and Gagai can't churn out rubbish and suddenly decide to play well in origin once a year. Who does he think he is? Santa Clause? He only turns up once a year.

Id usually agree with you re Gagai but other than 1 game this year he’s actually been really good for the Knights. It’s actually ironic that the year he plays well and puts in defensively is the year he’s dropped. He was given a bath last Saturday, but that was an isolated incident this year, and hell Holmes was abysmal the same round with the Cows almost going down by 70.

It was an odd omission. Could understand it if one of the other centres was demanding selection.

Exsilium

First Grade
Apparently Latrell is going to “unleash the beast”

If I was QLD, I’d be targeting the flog to make him do something stupid.

King hit

Coach
Apparently Latrell is going to “unleash the beast”

If I was QLD, I’d be targeting the flog to make him do something stupid.
How good is it people complain that there was no hate or sledging now somebody is doing it people are complaining

haha damned if you do damned if you don’t

Last edited:

Pumpkin

Juniors
Id usually agree with you re Gagai but other than 1 game this year he’s actually been really good for the Knights. It’s actually ironic that the year he plays well and puts in defensively is the year he’s dropped. He was given a bath last Saturday, but that was an isolated incident this year, and hell Holmes was abysmal the same round with the Cows almost going down by 70.

It was an odd omission. Could understand it if one of the other centres was demanding selection.
Billy Slater knows what he's doing at the end of the day. They need Holmes as a goal kicker.

Maximus

Coach
hall of fame game missed the point GIF

Not sure what point you were supposed to have considering you explained exactly why it's not a kick in the balls for Cook in your own post.

Llangennech

Juniors
With that assuming we get this

1. Teddy
2. JAC
3. Fatty
4. TT
5. To’o
6. Luai
7. Chin
8. Haas
9. Api
10. Paulo
11. Murray
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Hynes
15. Friz
16. TPJ
17. Hudson Dumb

Freddy, where yo prop, where yo prop
What a comedian, you should be on stage.

Pumpkin

Juniors
More than before I have my reservations about this Pengai Jnr character. He may have a powerhouse performance in one game to prove everyone wrong, but if his heart is with Qld, that's not going to be sustainable.

I heard on NRL360 that they were going to pick de Belin, but were worried about his past coming up in the media becoming a distraction . That's wrong. He's been cleared by a court of law.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
More than before I have my reservations about this Pengai Jnr character. He may have a powerhouse performance in one game to prove everyone wrong, but if his heart is with Qld, that's not going to be sustainable.

I heard on NRL360 that they were going to pick de Belin, but were worried about his past coming up in the media becoming a distraction . That's wrong. He's been cleared by a court of law.
Nah

Latest posts