What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woosh

Head Moderator
You predicted the Tigers might still be interested in a player they've been publicly linked to for the past couple of years, congrats mate.

But you denied my rumour with your “sauces”
Didn’t you write this?

Taking anything Woosh says seriously is your first mistake. Looking forward to the random instagram photo of Frizell hanging out with a Tigers player to back up his claims. Should be easy to find one of him with Klemmer surely?

Jono078

Referee
Sigh... We're in a damned if we do, damned if we don't situation with Friz. Let's be honest, he hasn't played to his contract value except for this year - a contract year. Sadly this is all too familiar as a knights fan. Do we give him a bag and hope he respects it enough to perform like contract year moving forward?

A good team would probably let him walk. I dunno if we have such luxury.

exactly. I’d back the club here. Know what you’re willing to pay and don’t be silly about it. Don’t want to find ourselves in a Mitchell Pearce situation again, although the risk is far less here.

I err on the side of let them go rather than pay something silly. Then you hand out an opportunity to someone who wants it. It was the Brian Smith model really.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
exactly. I’d back the club here. Know what you’re willing to pay and don’t be silly about it. Don’t want to find ourselves in a Mitchell Pearce situation again, although the risk is far less here.

I err on the side of let them go rather than pay something silly. Then you hand out an opportunity to someone who wants it. It was the Brian Smith model really.
Agree with both you and Perverse. He's good, not great. He's getting targeted a lot in defense on repeat efforts and looks a step slower laterally. Happy to keep for a good price but probably only for one more year.

Apey

Staff member
Problem for us is replacements. You can make arguments for Frizz, DSaf & Best moving on but you'd better be hoping we're signing some good replacements otherwise our starting 17 is going to be even more embarrassing. I'd definitely keep Frizz another year, pending how much other clubs are willing to pay for him.

aqua_duck

Coach
Problem for us is replacements. You can make arguments for Frizz, DSaf & Best moving on but you'd better be hoping we're signing some good replacements otherwise our starting 17 is going to be even more embarrassing. I'd definitely keep Frizz another year, pending how much other clubs are willing to pay for him.
A lot of teams are sign a lesser player and hope to bring the best out of said player, AOB tends to have the opposite effect

The thing about local talent was that we had a very strong local league and would see players go to the 'Sydney' league and make the game long before we had the Knights
We wanted our own team.
My father used to talent scout for some 'Sydney' clubs.
Those days are over and we accept outsiders as Newie boys now.

We've always accepted "outsiders" as Newie boys, ever since game 1 1988

Tony Butterfield
Adrian Brunker
John Schuster
Tony Kemp
Michael Hagan
Robbie ODavis
Adam MacDougall
etc, etc

Its nothing new and our most successful years have always consisted of the right mix of both local and imported talent.

perverse

Referee
Mhm, I agree with you, but there's one word standing out to me and that is "pending". Given his form this year, it won't surprise me if a few fellow bottom feeder clubs throw a big bag at him. We certainly aren't going to have the option of "year by year". He'll get 2 years at least, and it wouldn't surprise me if there's someone desperate or dumb enough to offer him a 3rd year too.

Burwood

Bench
Crazy idea, but if I were Parr I’d sit down with Frizell and ask how much he wants. He’s happy here and settled down with the family- he knows he’s not worth his last contract, but still plays an important role going forward bringing the next generation through. Don’t think the two parties would be too far apart

Jono078

Referee
Crazy idea, but if I were Parr I’d sit down with Frizell and ask how much he wants. He’s happy here and settled down with the family- he knows he’s not worth his last contract, but still plays an important role going forward bringing the next generation through. Don’t think the two parties would be too far apart
I suppose the good news is his manager isn't bloody Moses, who seemed to control the club more than the previous administration.

Knight Tales

Juniors
We have some pretty decent players we can trade who are not playing to their potential here. We have at least identified that. It will be interesting to see who we get if we actually do let the likes of the Safitis and Bests go. to set the bar for all future juniors who want to take big pay day and not earn it.

PhilGould

Bench
The Roosters have swooped by signing the recruitment guru who spotted Kalyn Ponga, Jason Taumalolo and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.

Former Newcastle recruitment chief Clint Zammit officially began with the Roosters on Tuesday - two months after parting ways with the Knights.

Nicknamed ‘Virus’, Zammit is one of the most experienced talent spotters in the game, having delivered a raft of young guns to the NRL, headlined by Ponga, Taumalolo and ‘The Hammer’.

The Bondi glamour club have signed Zammit to work in tandem with Roosters recruitment chief Daniel Anderson, who was seriously injured after suffering a freak surfing accident in December.

macavity

Referee
The Roosters have swooped by signing the recruitment guru who spotted Kalyn Ponga, Jason Taumalolo and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.

Former Newcastle recruitment chief Clint Zammit officially began with the Roosters on Tuesday - two months after parting ways with the Knights.

Nicknamed ‘Virus’, Zammit is one of the most experienced talent spotters in the game, having delivered a raft of young guns to the NRL, headlined by Ponga, Taumalolo and ‘The Hammer’.

The Bondi glamour club have signed Zammit to work in tandem with Roosters recruitment chief Daniel Anderson, who was seriously injured after suffering a freak surfing accident in December.

we are so stupid.

As if they need anymore help with recruitment

Latest posts