What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More than before I have my reservations about this Pengai Jnr character. He may have a powerhouse performance in one game to prove everyone wrong, but if his heart is with Qld, that's not going to be sustainable.

I heard on NRL360 that they were going to pick de Belin, but were worried about his past coming up in the media becoming a distraction . That's wrong. He's been cleared by a court of law.
Nah f**k the dog

Exsilium

First Grade
How good is it people complain that there was no hate or sledging now somebody is doing it people are complaining

haha damned if you do damned if you don’t

I love the banter, so long as the footy isn’t grubby.

Although, if we’re being honest, SOO was built of a physical rivalry where you can be a dick and people will applaud your dedication to your state.

I think this will be one of the more physical origin series.

Llangennech

Juniors
I love the banter, so long as the footy isn’t grubby.

Although, if we’re being honest, SOO was built of a physical rivalry where you can be a dick and people will applaud your dedication to your state.

I think this will be one of the more physical origin series.
okay, good

mxlegend99

Referee
More than before I have my reservations about this Pengai Jnr character. He may have a powerhouse performance in one game to prove everyone wrong, but if his heart is with Qld, that's not going to be sustainable.

I heard on NRL360 that they were going to pick de Belin, but were worried about his past coming up in the media becoming a distraction . That's wrong. He's been cleared by a court of law.
He wasn't cleared by a court of law. He was found not guilty on one charge. A verdict couldn't be reached for the other 5 charges.

A jury was not certain one way or the other.

lockscombi

Juniors
I knew this would happen. Tommy Turbo has 1 good game this season and gets selected. If you think he will be up for heavy contact in a origin series, you haven't been paying attention

QLD to win the series 2-1

big hit!

Bench
I knew this would happen. Tommy Turbo has 1 good game this season and gets selected. If you think he will be up for heavy contact in a origin series, you haven't been paying attention

QLD to win the series 2-1

Stretch has been left out of Souths team v Raiders now, so it would've been Crichton, and we know what happened with Crichton in last year's Origin series.

We'll have to see what happens Wednesday night re Turbo. As you say, if he's not up to it, it will show up big!

What I do know is this is the most important game of the series for NSW. QLD generally win at Lang Park, so NSW need to get the win in Adelaide and take the pressure off having to win in Brisbane.

big hit!

Bench
My biggest gripe with what SOO has become is that it has moved from a representative side to its own "club" where coaches are selectors and decide who they want for combinations etc.

The coaches should have no say.

A combined selection committee should be rewarding the best 34 New South Welshmen and Queenslanders at the time based on form, and then coaches get their 17 players to coach.

"Combinations", "incumbency" or "past deeds" should have nothing to do with representative footy. Selection, IMHO, should be a reward for what you have done in the NRL that season.

I agree at lower levels of the game. Not at the elite level though.

NSW coaches like Sticky, Bellamy, and Daley lived and died by the selections of has-beens like Bozo. Remember a bloke called Jamie Buhrer?

At rep level, the coach isn't a coach. He's a manager. And if is going to be judged by the team's performance, he should be able to select the team, not have one thrust upon him by selectors who can flick him when their team doesn't win. And when it doesn't win, we can bag Freddy as much as we want.

Pumpkin

Juniors
At best he is a dog who cheated on his pregnant partner. At worse, well.
Everyone has committed some form of sexual immorality in their lives, so he's forgiven for that. Any criminal charges have been quashed, so forget about that.

The real issue is Pengai Jnr, who has emphatically stated that he wants to play for Qld, playing in the NSW team. That's a huge concern. I would much rather someone like de Belin to be there.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Everyone has committed some form of sexual immorality in their lives, so he's forgiven for that. Any criminal charges have been quashed, so forget about that.

The real issue is Pengai Jnr, who has emphatically stated that he wants to play for Qld, playing in the NSW team. That's a huge concern. I would much rather someone like de Belin to be there.
No they haven’t

This Year?

Immortal
Origin brings out the best and worst in footy fans....

And I love it!

PS. I hope every merkin that I normally cheer against week to week destroy smug Billy and his band of wankers. I want to see Reece crying instead of strutting and folding his arms like a yank fake wrestler. I want to see Tino get his face punched in. I want to see the disappointment on Cameron Smith's face and the subdued chat of the wankers on the panel after being subjected to the copious amounts of ads for reality shows. f**k channel 9 and f**k QLD.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Origin brings out the best and worst in footy fans....

And I love it!

PS. I hope every merkin that I normally cheer against week to week destroy smug Billy and his band of wankers. I want to see Reece crying instead of strutting and folding his arms like a yank fake wrestler. I want to see Tino get his face punched in. I want to see the disappointment on Cameron Smith's face and the subdued chat of the wankers on the panel after being subjected to the copious amounts of ads for reality shows. f**k channel 9 and f**k QLD.
I also want to see live scalp waxing