What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
Waiting to see how ratings hold up for the next few weeks. Excitement around the game has been huge this year but as we approach the origin impacted rounds I already feel like all my interest in the NRL has just dissipated.

Wb1234

Referee
Waiting to see how ratings hold up for the next few weeks. Excitement around the game has been huge this year but as we approach the origin impacted rounds I already feel like all my interest in the NRL has just dissipated.
Nrl don’t know what to do with origin

some years I lose most interest in the nrl post origin until the semis

they tried end of year origins and it was a flop

I’ve thought they should stop the nrl for four weeks and play the origins on consecutive weeks on any night they want too

penalising the successful sides too making them lose their stars or backing up after

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sunday rated better than Wednesday night, there’s zero reason to be playing origin mid week and fcking up a 1/4 of the competition. Dumb nrl.

footy75

Bench
I’ve thought they should stop the nrl for four weeks and play the origins on consecutive weeks on any night they want too

penalising the successful sides too making them lose their stars or backing up after

This, agree.

Billythekid

First Grade
This, agree.
Been calling for that for years but I just don’t see it happening anymore. Personally I think you have a 3-4 week origin period (feel free to have internationals as well) and then have a big season relaunch and countdown to the finals.
Wow that’s awesome.

some years I lose most interest in the nrl post origin until the semis
Is there anyone on this forum who actually enjoys watching games of Rugby League Football?

Or does there always have to be some off-field reason to keep the "fans" interested?

Poms don’t understand saturation coverage of nrl here
The household of this particular Pom is all too familiar with saturation RL coverage.

The Origin period is an odd time to grow weary of saturation coverage given that there are fewer games during these weeks.

And there's the general point of RL "fans" on a RL forum comparing notes on their levels of indifference to NRL games. Not a great look.

Great numbers mate.
Stand to be corrected by the resident expert, but I think in previous years Fox League Thursday night ratings were usually 225k-250k.

Something has changed this year with Fox NRL ratings. Can't be related to methods of calculation because the rival code (you know the one) hasn't experienced the same upsurge.

Downside of the NRL success is that it underlines how scandalously rotten and wretched the current deal is.

Pneuma

First Grade
Stand to be corrected by the resident expert, but I think in previous years Fox League Thursday night ratings were usually 225k-250k.

Something has changed this year with Fox NRL ratings. Can't be related to methods of calculation because the rival code (you know the one) hasn't experienced the same upsurge.

Downside of the NRL success is that it underlines how scandalously rotten and wretched the current deal is.
Wookie is the expert. I’m a devoted observer. Ratings on Fox League are well up. So are crowds. Any number of reasons. Better games with better rules. Effect of Dolphins. More positivity around the game. That’s a few. Afl have had a good increase in crowds but that hasn’t translated to tv ratings. No idea why tbh.

Vibing

Juniors
again , no discernable drop in ratings for another , bleh, clash during origin time
about 1.050 mill when its all counted
very tidy

klanball cleared 1.1 mill probs with the 2 biggest cities in the land involved
Sydneys ratings were ... appalling .. for the Swines , just 41K .. barely any bigger then the crowd hahaha
what sport has nearly half of its viewers .... at the ground ?
niche much

Wb1234

Referee
The household of this particular Pom is all too familiar with saturation RL coverage.

The Origin period is an odd time to grow weary of saturation coverage given that there are fewer games during these weeks.

And there's the general point of RL "fans" on a RL forum comparing notes on their levels of indifference to NRL games. Not a great look.
Lmao ok I’ll just lie and say every game is great to watch

having been to 1k rugby league games live I pick and choose which games I watch now

watching origin depleted sides is a turn off especially compared to the quality of origin

unless you lived in a place all your life where rugby league is the dominant football code I doubt you would really get it

it would be like a premier league soccer fan watching every game each week

some games are dire and I’m spoiled for choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts