What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: EELS v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD @ Fortress Commbank 26/05/23

hineyrulz

Post Whore
jake gyllenhaal cowboys GIF

Cloeel

Juniors
When is the last time a team has had 60+ put on them 2 weeks in a row?

The lads will be firing tonight.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm thinking the reggies, with a park footy backline, vs the comp leaders will get bent over the bonnet and beat by 20.

Then provided the NRL lads can win the middle, it will be tight at oranges with our superior backline going wild in the second half for us to win by 20.

84 Baby

Referee
When is the last time a team has had 60+ put on them 2 weeks in a row?

The lads will be firing tonight.
Love the confidence but I think beware the wounded cowboy. Their pack comparatively is full strength and basically coming off the bye because they sure didn’t put much effort in last week.
I’ll be happy for a field goal in the 80th minute for a 1-0 win

King-Gutho94

Coach
I find the odds in this match very bizarre. There is no way we should be as short as we are, hopefully we play accordingly though and put a big score on.

Very bizarre...
Your right whenever we are under $1.25 to win it's dangerous signs.

Never handled the red hot favourite tag very well for a long time.

King-Gutho94

Coach
They are missing their best forwards in Cotter & Taumololo

Their best half in Dearden

Their best backs in Holmes & Taulagi.

Best attack in the comp vs worst defence in the comp.

final score 50-14. Put your house on it (if you lose, I’ll lend your my tent)
I don't own a house so its just free money for me.

the phantom menace

First Grade
If we don't stay well clear throughout of a below strength Cowboys (who were whipped last week with better players available) then we are a myth in 2023.

Willing to allow space for Cowboys to nab a quick try and the start to grab the lead (and also allow them one in the 10mins before halftime if BA doesn't take Hodgson and Hopgood off by then...), but otherwise we should be in the lead and staying at least 10 points clear all game

They are missing their best forwards in Cotter & Taumololo

Their best half in Dearden

Their best backs in Holmes & Taulagi.

Best attack in the comp vs worst defence in the comp.

final score 50-14. Put your house on it (if you lose, I’ll lend your my tent)

Perfectly reasonable NRL pack they are putting on the field though. Very few results would surprise me tonight. We could put 40 on them...or play dropsies and lose.

84 Baby

Referee
Discounting Ofahengaue as he hasn’t even unpacked his bag, I think they have the better pack. Hess (other than being penalty prone) and Luki have been decent for them this year, McLean hasn’t but he’s not a bad player, Leilua always scores vs us and Robson has been their best player. Their bench also isn’t worse than ours. Felcht will also continue to help their middles better than our outside backs do.

If forwards lay the platform, we’ll need ours to aim up like they did last week. If they do, we have a lot more class in backline than they do. If we get smashed in the middle, it’ll be a frustrating weekend

Latest posts