What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragon David

First Grade
Be the only time we beat Penrith in the next few years
I haven't been able to find out why the Storm are letting Tom Eisenhuth go. I've read that they had problems winning games this year because of the lack of good forward depth but they are prepared to let him go but maybe also letting Justin Olam go to the Tigers and swapping him with Shawn Blore. Is Shawn Blore a better proposition to the Storm than Tom Eisenhuth?

I'm waiting for Tom to be official, however, if he has signed with us as reported, then that's great.

Victoire

Juniors
If the RLPA dont want to get onboard for the longevity and standard of the game, then piss off and dont play at all and dont get your big bucks. There will always be players wanting to play and until we break this elite club preferential treatment then the lower placed clubs will suffer.
Nice rant... but irrelevant. A draft will never happen in the NRL for a myriad of reasons, the RLPA's co-operation being at the bottom of that very long list. As mentioned here before, NRL is not like AFL or NFL. Players can just go to a different country or a different code if they dont like who they're drafted to, making the whole exercise pointless

Victoire

Juniors
Telegraph reporting we have signed Tom Eisenhuth, apparently beat Penrith for his signature.
giphy.gif

Sele now Eisenhuth...I see what the coach is up to...experienced, tough, no nonsense toilers...
Eisenhuth comes out of one of the most successful and professional clubs in the league.
Will also help set a good example for the large number of young forwards coming through the ranks as to what is required to making it as a first grade forward in the NRL.
Not only on field, but just as importantly, off field as well.

Dragon David

First Grade
DRAGONS TARGET THREE STARS IN RECRUITMENT DRIVE
The Dragons and coach Shane Flanagan are set to go hard for three players in Tom Dearden, Connor Tracey and Helium Luki as they bid to turn around their struggling roster.
The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio reported on SEN radio the Dragons are finalising their plans to make a recruitment drive and go after some key personnel.

“I expect those meetings and negotiations to ramp up in the next four to six weeks,” Riccio said.

The Dragons want Tom Dearden.
The Dragons want Tom Dearden.Source: Getty Images

“It’s about allowing those players to enjoy their end of season breaks.
“Also to allow Dragons management to get their ducks in a row and figure out who they want to meet.
“That’s where it’s at and we’ll start to hear a bit more about the Dragons’ targets.”

The Dragons are interested in Sharks utility Connor Tracey
The Dragons are interested in Sharks utility Connor TraceySource: Getty Images

Dearden, 22 has scored 24 tries in 80 NRL games for the Broncos and Cowboys and has played one Origin for Queensland.
27-year-old Tracey has scored 27 tries in 66 NRL games for the Rabbitohs and Sharks since debuting in 2019.
Luki, 22, has scored 10 tries in 38 games for the Cowboys since his debut in 2021.

The Dragons have been linked to Heilum Luki of the Cowboys.
The Dragons have been linked to Heilum Luki of the Cowboys.Source: Getty Images

Dragon David

First Grade
DRAGONS POACH STORM STAR FROM UNDER PANTHERS NOSES
The Dragons have reportedly beaten the Panthers to the signature of Storm forward Tom Eisenhuth.

The Daily Telegraph reported the Dragons signed Eisenhuth for his winning attitude and fitness, which are both areas the club needs to improve in dramatically after finishing second last in 2023.
A fortnight ago the Panthers were reportedly the favourites to land Eisenhuth on a supplementary contract, but the Dragons trumped their offer with the promise of a spot in their top 30 for 2024.
The 31-year-old has scored five tries in 59 NRL games for the Panthers and Storm since his debut in 2012.
The Dragons are light on for second-rowers next season with Jack Bird potentially playing lock, centre or even five-eighth.
At this stage Jaydn Su’A and Dan Russell are the second-rowers with Eisenhuth potentially coming off the bench or even starting.

Tom Eisenhuth is set to join the Dragons.
Tom Eisenhuth is set to join the Dragons.Source: AAP

The Cowboys would be sailing close the top end of the cap, I think they need to free up space. There was talk they were going to let a very high profile forward look around also.
It is part of the NRL landscape that as the new season draws closer, several clubs will generally need to off load at least one decent player to be cap compliant.
People like Flanagan who is fairly well connected across the game may even have some idea already as to which clubs are facing salary cap pressures.
Happens during the off season nearly every year.
Sounds like the Dragons have plenty of cap space to strike if and when any player or players become available.

justadragon

Bench
Nice rant... but irrelevant. A draft will never happen in the NRL for a myriad of reasons, the RLPA's co-operation being at the bottom of that very long list. As mentioned here before, NRL is not like AFL or NFL. Players can just go to a different country or a different code if they dont like who they're drafted to, making the whole exercise pointless
So you are telling me if a draft was introduced into the NRL for the benefit of the game then all our NRL players would move to another country. Well I guess then there would be hundreds of pacific island players jumping at the chance to play NRL. So according to you the players are holding the game to ransom and nothing will ever happen to ensure fairness across the comp.

Draginzaaar

Bench
So you are telling me if a draft was introduced into the NRL for the benefit of the game then all our NRL players would move to another country. Well I guess then there would be hundreds of pacific island players jumping at the chance to play NRL. So according to you the players are holding the game to ransom and nothing will ever happen to ensure fairness across the comp.
As has been said, those Sports with a Draft have nowhere else their players could go if the didn't want to be drafted. Anyway it's been tested in court and it's a restraint of trade. So who cares. Who says it would work anyway? Lots of unhappy players, playing for teams they don't want to play for. Imagine being forced to work somewhere you don't want to live.

qld redvee

Juniors
As has been said, those Sports with a Draft have nowhere else their players could go if the didn't want to be drafted. Anyway it's been tested in court and it's a restraint of trade. So who cares. Who says it would work anyway? Lots of unhappy players, playing for teams they don't want to play for. Imagine being forced to work somewhere you don't want to live.
thats right imagine if old benny was drafted to canberra instead of sunny qld ,

Latest posts