What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Warriors at WIN

Dragon David

First Grade
There are signs that we are on the improve but will the improvement be great enough to beat a side that has toughened up and become contenders for the premiership over the past year and a half and coached by Andrew Webster. I'm hoping so!

It is a home game down in Wollongong so come on Dragons don't let the Warriors put your flame out. Dig deeper and win the game.

There are signs that we are on the improve but will the improvement be great enough to beat a side that has toughened up and become contenders for the premiership over the past year and a half and coached by Andrew Webster. I'm hoping so!

It is a home game down in Wollongong so come on Dragons don't let the Warriors put your flame out. Dig deeper and win the game.
I think Webster is a great coach. They have been very good this year, but not consistent enough over 80 minutes to win some games they should have won. They are better than any team we've played so far.

Just looked at the draw and noticed that we are on a 5 day turnaround for this one (Warriors have 6 days). So we could have a few out with monor injuries. Either way, it'll be a tough game. And that's followed by a 6 day turnaround into Anzac day (Roosters have 7 days). That's 3 games in 12 days. Very tough.

A real test for how far we have come, don’t want to see a repeat of the 2 disgraceful blowouts from earlier in the season. I assume Lomax replaces Bird and Tuipulotu to the wing, Luc back and BMM dropped or will it be Lawrie?
I don't know if they can overturn the HIA. If not, probably CT left wing, Rava right wing, Lomax right centre. Leilua had a calf injury and they can be a bit slow to heal. I'd guess he's out again. If he's back, it'll be BMM out. Unless there are other guys unavailable.

I think you will be right but it’s hard to move Lomax from the wing. BMM has to stay in 17
Agree; leave Lomax where he is for the year! Best position for him and the team. He could also snag a State of Origin jumper with strong showings against the Warriors and Easts on Anzac Day.
I'm not saying what I think the team should be, I'm just saying what Flanno will do.

If Bird is out there are 2 possibilities: CT to left wing and Lomax to right centre or Max Fegai to right centre. I am certain that Flanno will bring CT in.

Also, if all forwards are available I am certain that BMM will be the one to drop out.

Personally, I'd select a different team to the one Flanno picks. But it's the team that is going to actually be selected that matters.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Lomax spits the dummy been moved to the wing and then plays the best football of his career but decides he wants out and looks as if he will sign with the Eels for less money to wait for it, play wing. Massive own goal I’m thinking.
Who says he'll be playing wing at Parra?

Parko1310

Juniors
Surely Lawrie gets dropped. Surely?!?!? Offers absolutely nothing.
If Leilua is back in, then yes surely Lawrie has got to go with BMM taking his spot on the bench. BMM had the exact same number of post-contact metres as Lawrie with 22 mins less played and half the amount of total runs. Not to mention Blake made yet another crucial error on our own line demanding the ball for what would have been a useless run. Thank god we managed to defend it, but it's shit like that that won't stack up against better teams

Victoire

Juniors
The Warriors are a cut above anyone we've played so far, imo. They could quite conceivably win the comp. They're stacked with talented players, have an imposing middle, a couple of genius craftsmen at 9 & 7, and scariest of all: they are methodical. We'll need to be at our absolute best to get close to them

2010Dragons

Bench
I’ve watched all of the warriors games this year, yes they are the real deal. They could win the premiership.
however, I’ve noticed they switch off after the get a lead and the second half.
if the dragons play a solid 80 minutes and hunt improves his kicks. We shut out Johnson and play to our strengths then we have a good chance to beat the fade in out warriors.

Victoire

Juniors
Just watched the (very funny) press conference post-match and Flanagan is asked about the Bird absence, and whether he'll move Lomax. He obviously doesn't reveal anything but he did say "I don't believe in weakening one position to strengthen another". Which is a hint that Lomax will remain where he is. However he's also on record saying he picks the best 17... so who knows. Looking at our depth, we've got a couple of NRL capable wingers but not so many NRL capable centres. Going on the best 17 credo you'd pick a winger this week

Latest posts