What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
Schiller to the Knights sux.. was hoping he would come home.. gives us that wing/fb/centre coverage.. much rather him than SFinau or CTui or Feagai (either).

I kind of want to blow up our nsw cup back 5.. Tamale im ok with, and hopefully SFinau will surprise us at some stage.. but there are a lot of Top30 spots being chewed up imo by guys who I dont think are longterm first graders.. would also like to fast-track Williams.. and maybe BRumble later in the year.. see how we go.. but I dont see any "superstars" in our NSW Cup team.. none at all rly.. other than maybe a couchman... maaaaaybe an egan... otherwise its sort of just average footy players.. depth signings.. but noone im super excited about coming thru to steal a first grade jersey.. esp in the backs.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Schiller to the Knights sux.. was hoping he would come home.. gives us that wing/fb/centre coverage.. much rather him than SFinau or CTui or Feagai (either).

I kind of want to blow up our nsw cup back 5.. Tamale im ok with, and hopefully SFinau will surprise us at some stage.. but there are a lot of Top30 spots being chewed up imo by guys who I dont think are longterm first graders.. would also like to fast-track Williams.. and maybe BRumble later in the year.. see how we go.. but I dont see any "superstars" in our NSW Cup team.. none at all rly.. other than maybe a couchman... maaaaaybe an egan... otherwise its sort of just average footy players.. depth signings.. but noone im super excited about coming thru to steal a first grade jersey.. esp in the backs.
Sounds like we've dropped off on Petaia and with a Lions tour (2025) and World Cup (2027) in the next couple of years on home shores, perhaps the Rugby lure was too strong. A shame, as I see Petaia as being the like for like replacement for Lomax- 190cms, strong-100+ kilos-can plan centre, wing, full-back. Hope I'm wrong.

Dragon David

First Grade
For me the the jewel of the crown in their middle forwards is not Leota either, all though very good.............its their captain Isaah Yeo. That guys work rate in the middle is just awesome. YEO is like trying to escape a spider.....you dont
Fully agree with Yeo. Non stop worker/toiler on the field. Hard in attack and defence and is a leader.

TheRev

First Grade
Some are saying these guys will probably be let go.
I have no inside knowledge, but when I do the maths on young forwards coming through, Coric and Shereb are taking up 2 development spots that we have already assigned to others in 2025 (these kids contracts are locked):

Corics position is replaced by:
o Hamish Stewart, Pasifiki Tonga, Stanley-Traill, Finau Latu and Corey Ackers (well hes already got a spot)

But do the maths.. we need to shed more than just Coric... thats why I dont think AlecT will be retained despite being one of our best (it seems crazy).. but I think it was him or MMolo... and MMolo just got extended.

Sherebs (And Russells) position are replaced by:
o Egan, Halangahu, NickyT and potentially 1 or 2 of those guys I mentioned as props who can play both positions.. these 2 will go and possibly even Eisenhuth.. which seems absurd but I genuinely don't know how we fit everyone.. we may be expecting Ryan Couchman to be in 1st grade next year consistently to replace Eisenhuth...

There are other positions we need to fix too.. I reckon Mulheissen and perhaps 1 of the wingers may get sold off (on top of both Feagais).. we need Fifita to get better this year also.... I look at the 30+6 and its so hard to fit all the depth you need... and give young players time to develop at their own pace....

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench

Dragon David

First Grade
Or more likely - the panthers knew in advance, gave JFH permission to negotiate as a gesture of good will cause of how good he’s been for them

I think that this has been on the cards for a while. It is hard to come to grips with how easy it was for JFH to get what he wanted from the Panthers. Because everything happened so quickly, I suspect that this has been going on for longer than what we would know. A player like JFH is not easy to replace but yet the Panthers let him go for no transfer fee, no like for like swap, just - "JFH we have given your request to go back to NZ and play with the Warriors some serious thought and because you did us proud in helping us win 3 premierships, we are happy to let you go for next year".

Simple and easy. The Warriors will be even a stronger force next year.

Has all this been agreed to by the NRL?

Latest posts