What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This weeks team

El Diablo

Post Whore
1 –Ashley GRAHAM
2 – Jason MOODIE
3 – Jamie LYON
4 – David VAEALIKI
5 – Matt PETERSEN
6 – Adam DYKES
7 – Michael WITT
8 – Nathan CAYLESS ©
9 – John MORRIS
10 –Adam PEEK
11 – Nathan HINDMARSH
12 – Lee HOPKINS
13 – Daniel WAGON
Interchange

14 – Shayne DUNLEY
15 – Steve CROUCH
16 – Daniel HECKENBERG
17 – Darren TREACY
18 – James WEBSTER
20 – Dean WIDDERS

Seeing our season is pretty well over unless there's an absolute miracle I'm wondering why Dunley, Crouch and Heckenberg are playing instead of Webster, Widders and Solomona who will all be here next year.

Why Crouch is playing at all has got me stumped :-k

half

Coach
CROUCH? DYKES? PEEK?

i have a crazy feeling they're all going to play like shit and be the main contributors to another embarrassing loss

thanks, smithy

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Clap Clap Clap.......Brillant Smith just Brillant!!,

No sign of David Solomona & Dean Widders as the 20th man.........yet we see Steve Crouch make an unwanted appearence!!,

What is wrong this......it wasn't rocket science to work out we lack spark from the bench in the game against the Storm.....so he drafts bloody Crouch into the game instead of two of our most creative players that we have.....Bloody rideculous!!,

Honestly someone has to have a quiet word with this bloke to tell him how to pick a side!!.....Crouch over Solomona & Widders......what a bloody disgrace!!! ,

you'd think we would try & blood a few youngsters considering our season is over & to give them some first grade experience......but noooooooo.....Smith has to be difficult!!.......why should we bother about using Crouch he's done nothing for us....and he won't even be with us next year!!,

What the hell goes through this blokes head???

Dykes had a absolute shocker on the weekend.....but Morris is the one who get's moved????......a joke!!,

Has anyone also noticed when Dykes plays our Backline is non exsistent.....he's a bloody hogg!!!!!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach

No sign of David Solomona & Dean Widders as the 20th man.........yet we see Steve Crouch make an unwanted appearence!!,

What is wrong this......it wasn't rocket science to work out we lack spark from the bench in the game against the Storm.....so he drafts bloody Crouch into the game instead of two of our most creative players that we have.....Bloody rideculous!!,

Honestly someone has to have a quiet word with this bloke to tell him how to pick a side!!.....Crouch over Solomona & Widders......what a bloody disgrace!!!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
To be fair, Widders did have a shocker against the Storm trying to push too many miracle passes that went to ground.

I think the starting side is okay and probably not too different from how it will look at the start of 2004 (minus a couple of players that are currently unavailable).

I don't see it as Morris getting moved, as much as it is Dykes being available and Morris/Dykes being a better proposition than Webster/Morris. Don't forget, Morris is really a hooker and Parra's #1 hooker. Dykes is supposedly Parra's #1 5/8th (he still has to prove that, but I think starting him in the #6 rather than the #14 is what Smith should have done last week).

What I am concerned about is that Solo has been put back into prems. I cannot understand that one at all. Especially given the very small size of the bench that has been named. I would really hope that Crouch and Webster are the 2 left off the bench, leaving Dunley, Hex, Treacy and Widders. But you never know what side will actually take the field - it could even include players that haven't been named in this 19 man squad.

poojar

Juniors
eels2win said:
Dykes is supposedly Parra's #1 5/8th (he still has to prove that, but I think starting him in the #6 rather than the #14 is what Smith should have done last week).

i think not having him in the side at all is better than both those options, im not blaming Dykes entirely for the lose, we played like crap, but when Dykes is there the organisation is just crap, and if hes on the bench its a waste of a bench spot

Freak

Juniors
I could be wrong but Solo may in P/L as they could be looking at qualifying him for the finals. :roll:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Freak said:
I could be wrong but Solo may in P/L as they could be looking at qualifying him for the finals. :roll:

you beat me to it by about 5 minutes... the same thought hit me because as far as I am aware Parra are still in the lead for the Club championship (as NRL games don't count) and the only remaining games that count are prems games. Therefore, Parra want to win the remaining prems games and hopefully have players like Solo and Tsoulos available to play in the finals.

Bit of a shame though... especially seeing as Tsoulos needs as much NRL experience as possible before next year.

El Diablo

Post Whore
eels2win said:
Freak said:
Bit of a shame though... especially seeing as Tsoulos needs as much NRL experience as possible before next year.

Exactly. I think first grade comes before PL even though we're out of the finals race. Better to blood now when the outcome of the games is irrelevant.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:

Honestly someone has to have a quiet word with this bloke to tell him how to pick a side!!.....Crouch over Solomona & Widders......what a bloody disgrace!!!

YUP YEP YEAH.
Fair dinkum....what a JOKE!!!
Crouch can piss off to France and DYKES??? can anyone tell me what he actually did against Melbourne??

We missed Solo big time last sunday and can anyone tell me how much ball Jamie Lyon got?? i only counted twice he actually ran with the thing.

Thanks again Dykes...U bloody hog.

niall

Juniors
wow after reading that team list, i will never complainn about hagans team list, EVER!
brian smith = SUPERCOACH....NART! :cool:

Stagger eel

Staff member
wow after reading that team list, i will never complainn about hagans team list, EVER!
brian smith = SUPERCOACH....NART! :cool:

and you know the funny thing about it, not only have made an idiot of yourself bringing up a thread like that, but 4 of those players listed actually had wins against our club and are probably travelling better than us at the moment.

niall

Juniors
and you know the funny thing about it, not only have made an idiot of yourself bringing up a thread like that, but 4 of those players listed actually had wins against our club and are probably travelling better than us at the moment.

mate im pretty sure the only player ther who would fit back into our team atm is petersen the rest arnt even worth talkin about, and bob would only be ther till krisnan or benny get back.

and so wat if i bring up a thread like that, is ther sum unritten code for this forum that says no old threads. ill do wat i bloody well please. ;-)

Eelectrica

Referee
I think that team posted could almost definately beat the Bye this weekend.

Chalk up another two points WooHoo!

parra pete

Referee
From your writing and spelling, Niall, I don't think you would have been old enough to have watched that team go around...
It was five years ago.
How old were you then?..six perhaps. Not old enough to take it in..you would have been playing chasings with your mates behind the grandstand...

niall

Juniors
From your writing and spelling, Niall, I don't think you would have been old enough to have watched that team go around...
It was five years ago.
How old were you then?..six perhaps. Not old enough to take it in..you would have been playing chasings with your mates behind the grandstand...

okay mate lets do sum math here, thats if your old brain can handle it....

17 + 5 = *drum roll* 12

thats right 12 years old and never missed a minute of an eels game that season. i can still remember that little ranaga webster running through a gap in the knights defence and joey johns burying him in the ground haha and i remember dave vaeliki scorign a try and attepmting a backflip only to end up flat on his arse right in front of the stand i was sitting in haha,

so next time you wanna make assumptions about my age and what i was doing at a point in time, heres a tip....THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE haha

but its okay i forgive you for this judgmental mistake, and will move on ;-)

Keep Smilin Ya'll

Latest posts