What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC vs Sharks

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Not very impressive but still won. Seem to have a problem beating the teams we should beat, and lift for the better teams. However, we are only 1 point of the lead and will finish top 4 easily.

Missed Wade Graham and Lachlan Coote today as they are both special players. They showed highlights from the Cowboys game on the big screen and some of what Graham did was outstanding.

I thought our best today were Joel Orton and Chris Ward. Orton along with Blackett added alot when they came on. Ward was outstanding in defence and threatened in attack scoring a double.

Tia Kilifi carried the ball strongly and looked dangeros every touch.

Clydesdale also played his best game for the year when he came on from hooker. With Iosefa probably moving up to First Grade soon Clydesdale will have to repeat his performance today on a consistent basis.

Fibroman

First Grade
Iosefa had a few brain explosions today, and was far from his best.

I agree Ward had a very good game. Well done!

Blackett added great impact off the bench. It puzzles me why he doesn't get more game time?

Orton was very very good.

Romelo was pretty good too.

I was a bit disappointed in Watene. He had a few opportunities and had brain snaps and squandered them.

The boys won the game easily. They switched off in the last 20 minutes, which isn't good, but I wouldn't read too much into the scoreline, as it wasn't a true reflection of the game.

I was also a little bit disappointed in Tim Grant's performance. He didn't do too much wrong, but didn't overly impress me either.

Theoharis looked very lost at halfback.

murraymob

Coach
report in telegrapth on game
The panthers where to strong at home at CUA stadium yesterday with a eight point win over cronulla.
But the visitors dished it up to the second placed panthers early with a 10 point lead.But the home side hit back to level the scores by half time .
Penrith center Chris Ward was slick with 2 tries and despite a late rally by the sharks.The class of the panthers proved to strong.

Penrith 28
C.Ward 2 tries
J Orton 1 try
L Clysdale 1 try
Z Watene 1 try
goals
M Iosefa

Sharks 20

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Our best players in that game would have to have been:

Orton
Blackett
Romello
I think Tim Grant had a average game. He needs to lift if he wants to be back in 1st grade.

Big Mick

Referee
God take it easy on Grant.

2nd game back from injury...which are not hard to get over...farkin hell....

Special K

Coach
hey just a quick question

does matt wright play much nyc? or just ball? Has he even played NYC yet?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I don't think he will play much NYC this year if any at all. A couple of injuries might see him get a go later in the year but it seems that the 1-5 is pretty settled.