What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jubilee Jukebox (Songs and Video)

Syren

Juniors
There's only one song Saints fans should sing.

" I'm a one eyed Dragons supporter... "

I thought that song wasnt so popular amongst the fans. All I can remember was when they played it out from the large speakers, most ppl were like dead silent.

redwhitedragon

Juniors
Thanks Willow.
Better than the Best is a great song. I remember it being played after the games in the 80s. We should bring it back somehow.
You remember when they had the band at the end of the ground a few years ago?. All Fired Up was another song that got me going and pumped too

petetheileet

First Grade
"Everything i see, is red and white to me....

Im a one eyed dragon supporter!!!"

lol takes me back to the merger days!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
To be honest, this my favourite...

"We are the St George boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of,
Who show them how to play,
No matter where you be,
The red and white you'll see,
Now aren't we a wonderful credit,
To our locality!"

In recent years I've heard the Army sing it... and I've heard it sung in the western stand at Kogarah. Plus I know from personal experience that its still the song of choice after a few at the club. lol

I randomly found my MP3 of that song a couple of days ago.

Wouldn't it be awesome for that song to be played over the PA at Kogarah one day, just for the sake of it?

God-King Dean

Immortal
I was outside the dressing room at Kogarah after a win back in '05.

They were singing...

Oh when the Saints...
Begin to drink...
Oh when the Saints begin to drink...

I always imagined them in there drinking blood from a human skull, & since then that's been my favourite.

Steel Dragon

Bench
No one happens to have a link to the old Steelers song at all?
I only really heard it once when I was visiting my great aunt in merimbula and it was on the Steelers ad.

paulyt

Juniors
There's only one song Saints fans should sing.

" I'm a one eyed Dragons supporter... "
I heard that at one game not long after they merged but haven't heard it since. Do they still play it? Does anybody here have a copy of it? I loved it and have tried to tell my dad and uncle about (both also huge dragons fans) but they don't seem to know anything about it.

_Johnsy

Referee
For me there is only one song for the big red V,

Ohhh, when the saints go marching in

Come on boys you know the words.

paulyt

Juniors
For me there is only one song for the big red V,

Ohhh, when the saints go marching in

Come on boys you know the words.
Yes that song is synonymous with the Dragons. However the version they have on dragons.com.au is quite ordinary (well last time I checked anyway)

Vince

Juniors
I was up at about 3am the other night, and channel surfing lead me to SBS's weather watch (really exciting, should check it out). The CD they were playing was some jazz thing, and the song was "When the Saints go marching in". Was a pretty good sounding version.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I was up at about 3am the other night, and channel surfing lead me to SBS's weather watch (really exciting, should check it out). The CD they were playing was some jazz thing, and the song was "When the Saints go marching in". Was a pretty good sounding version.

I remember when they used to play Enya's "Orinoko Flow". We should get that going over the PA system to really fire the lads up: "Sail away, sail away, sail away"...