What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elliotts Successor named ?

The Nature Boy

Juniors
Latest news on Elliott no suprise the club does not have the money to pay him out.

"My plan isn't just to see out my next year at Penrith, I want to see out the next 10 years.
"To be successful over a long period of time sometimes you have to make changes.

Now it wouldn't suprise me, sometime next year Penrith re-signed this dope:(

mxlegend99

Referee
If they re-sign Matt Elliott, i won't be watching the NRL until he gets fired or retires. I refuse to go through another painful season thanks to that d*ckhead coach.

Fibroman

First Grade
A coach needs to develop a game plan after consultation with players.

I thought this was a team sport where every member of the team has some input.

It seems to me to be the Matty Elliott show. Dropping players after one bad game. Playing players out of position for extended periods of time and obviously implementing a game plan that the players themselves aren't comfortable with.

I reckon we need Murray or Anderson at the club next year if we are to be any chance of making the finals.

choc_soldier

Coach
The club needs a good ol' fashioned spring clean. Remove the deadwood - that includes players, coaching staff, board members...

Fibroman

First Grade
Post any constructive criticism on the website and they take away your access.

Next thing they will be building gas chambers under the club and tell fans they are going for a shower like Hitler did in WWII if they walk out of the ground disgruntled.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Well im sticking with the boys. Although all my favourite players will be gone by the end of next year coz that idiot will give them the punt.
We nearly lost Lewis for goodness sake.
I GF team will be gone by next year without a doubt if those TWITS Elliot and Adamson are their.
Get someone who cares about the club and its fans not just someone thats just in it for the box seat who doesnt even watch the game. I bet he is sitting up in his box seat talking to Adamson on the Walky talky talking about the last nights episode of Cashmere Mafia.
TWIT.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I'm so pissed off with this article. The one thing I don't want to read is the Board throwing their support behind him.

Personally I think they should be telling Elliott that he is not safe regardless of their financial outcome.

Don't make him think he is earning easy money.

Caged Panther

First Grade
PENRITH officials last night stopped short of giving coach Matthew Elliott a guarantee he would be at the club next season.
The 42-20 loss to the Warriors ended the Panthers' season on a low and although chairman Barry Walsh repeated there had been no discussions about replacing Elliott, he turned down the opportunity to match the assurance of Parramatta CEO Denis Fitzgerald that Michael Hagan would definitely be at that club in 2009.
Asked in the tunnel at Mt Smart Stadium whether he could completely guarantee Elliott's position, Walsh said: "What I'm saying to you is we've never even discussed it.
"I don't even know if there's a problem so until something like that comes up . . . it's not on our agenda. He's got a year to go on his contract.
" As far as I'm concerned, he's our coach. That's all I can say."
Elliott - who has one year left on a three-season deal - said he accepted his share of the blame for a second consecutive failure to make the finals and also hinted that others in the club had allowed themselves to be distracted by politics.
"As for our performances not being at the level they should be, I accept my level of responsibility for that," Elliott said.
"When you're in a process of change . . . it's not a painless process . . . and that distraction has diverted people's attention away from what they really need to do. And that's put their time and effort into preparing for football games.
"If our improvement from last year to this year is replicated (in 2009), we'll be pretty happy."
CEO Mick Leary revealed the Panthers would make budget cuts next year.
"We're going to cut back on a lot of unnecessary things we do on game day and to promote game day," he said. "Ads, banners . . . we'll cut $500,000. That's what we've got to do."
Leary added: "Petero Civoniceva has undoubtedly been the buy of the season."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24272985-5001023,00.html

Qoutes like the one I've just highlighted really piss me off.

This year it seems likely we'll improve about four places over where we were last season. So what his saying is he'll be happy if we come 8th. His saying he'll be happy with mediocrity!

Elliott you are a dead set goose.

At this point Elliott as impotent as a coach eithe because

a) the players don't respect him

b) he has no coaching ability

c) a little of both a. and b.

If the board refuses to sack him they're saying they are happy to accept another season of failure. And if that's the case they should follow him out the door at the very next opportunity.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hopefully we lose all of our games next season for the first 7 or 8 weeks and he gets sacked, a new coach comes in and manages to scrape us into the finals.

The Rhino

Juniors
Hopefully we lose all of our games next season for the first 7 or 8 weeks and he gets sacked, a new coach comes in and manages to scrape us into the finals.

I don't. If they are going to sack him, do it during the off season, not 7 or 8 weeks in because that'll give all the fans a reason as to why the team did NOT MAKE THE FINALS. Only one coach has taken his team to the semis after being appointed as head coach for the remainder of the season and that's Jason Taylor. Would you like the club to go though the same rubbish as what the Cowboys have gone though this year? NO THANK YOU.
I'm not a fan of Matt Elliott's coaching anymore but I also believe we would not be doing much better under a bloke like Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy. Why do i believe that? BECAUSE THE PLAYERS HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM. Why do they? Well, The club got rid of J. Lang because they felt the players had gone stale under his coaching and it was time to bring in someone new to put the spark in them. Well it hasn't worked and while the coach has to take the crap for some of it, the players also need to take the majority share, considering they have been dishing out sh*t performances (season wise) since the start of 2005.

abpanther

Staff member
I don't. If they are going to sack him, do it during the off season, not 7 or 8 weeks in because that'll give all the fans a reason as to why the team did NOT MAKE THE FINALS. Only one coach has taken his team to the semis after being appointed as head coach for the remainder of the season and that's Jason Taylor. Would you like the club to go though the same rubbish as what the Cowboys have gone though this year? NO THANK YOU.
I'm not a fan of Matt Elliott's coaching anymore but I also believe we would not be doing much better under a bloke like Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy. Why do i believe that? BECAUSE THE PLAYERS HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM. Why do they? Well, The club got rid of J. Lang because they felt the players had gone stale under his coaching and it was time to bring in someone new to put the spark in them. Well it hasn't worked and while the coach has to take the crap for some of it, the players also need to take the majority share, considering they have been dishing out sh*t performances (season wise) since the start of 2005.

I agree with this to a certain extent, I think our players do have an attitude problem. Attack is about talent, defense is about attitude, well our defense has sucked since I can remember, even when we won the premiership our defense was sh*thouse, what does that tell you about our team's attitude? Sure ME has sh*t gameplans, but FFS tackle your ass off for the guy next to you, make that extra effort to cover up a grubber or shield your winger under a bomb for your teammates, forget about the coach. Just seems like most of our players have no heart or passion in the game. ME's gameplan was complex, well FFS suck it up and put in the time and effort to learn it, where would we all be if that was our attitude at work? I tell ya where you would be, in the Centrelink line!!

mxlegend99

Referee
The players have an attitude problem because of the coach. Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett would have the respect of the players... and any player who didn't respect them wouldn't be playing first grade.

Matt Elliott has two centres playing in the halves and the role of his #6 and #7 are identical. He has no idea what a halfback is, he doesn't allow dummy half runs, and he hasn't once picked a team this season where he had atleast one player out of position.

abpanther

Staff member
The players have an attitude problem because of the coach. Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett would have the respect of the players... and any player who didn't respect them wouldn't be playing first grade.

Matt Elliott has two centres playing in the halves and the role of his #6 and #7 are identical. He has no idea what a halfback is, he doesn't allow dummy half runs, and he hasn't once picked a team this season where he had atleast one player out of position.

I agree but you can't blame the coach 100% for poor attitude, the guys should be turning up to play every week regardless of where they are playing and who is playing next to them, they are professionals.

murraymob

Coach
i hear Elliott is`fed up with the politics in the club especially from the players and may walk.His family never moved to Penrith but stayed in Canberra ..There is no doubt the club cannot afford to pay him out as they will be cutting 500k in cost for next year as the stream line to keep things going

Panther

Juniors
The reason Elliott's family did not move to Penrith is that he and his wife split some years ago.

Latest posts