What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

Fathead

Bench
Latimore & Wright looks great! Hope both kids have huge offseasons, back on some muscle in the weights room cause guys like Weller & Oake have been a total waste of time in the front row! Although i see Wright as a Chad robinson type player, going between back and front row!

Both boys have huge ticker. Get them into the gym and pack that muscle on and both can have a huge future in the game with Parra.

jk13

First Grade
its was funny at one stage when a commentator (forget who) said something along the lines of if horo had a good nrl coach he could be anything. didn't know if it was a dig or coincidence

bartman

Immortal
Well done to Wenty, very good stuff to get four reserve grade premierships in a row.

And even more reason for the club to not stand for the pitiful NRL performance overall this season. Some heads have to roll...

Fathead

Bench
its was funny at one stage when a commentator (forget who) said something along the lines of if horo had a good nrl coach he could be anything. didn't know if it was a dig or coincidence

Yeah I heard it too - it wasnt Joey Johns was it ? ;-)

jk13

First Grade
if it was joey, i'm surprised he didn't add a plug for his footy skills consultancy services - he's the biggest training s**t in the nrl

Glenn

First Grade
Congrats to Rip and the coaching staff, and of course players at Wenty. Hopefully see the likes of Horo pushing for for a first grade spot next season.

strider

Post Whore
i loved that Horo had a crack at a field goal no matter how sh*t the result was :lol: .... his teammates were spraying them everywhere and cramping up all over the place - good on him for having a crack :thumn

Fathead

Bench
i loved that Horo had a crack at a field goal no matter how sh*t the result was :lol: .... his teammates were spraying them everywhere and cramping up all over the place - good on him for having a crack :thumn

Yeah but taping the game, I think I played that kick over about 20 times! The commentators were exsaperated by the poor kicking and then they said " who is going to kick it ? " " Its Horo !!!"
Horo gets the ball and its fair dinkum the worst kick in the world. Pissed myself laughing and the poor commentators were beside themselves. God knows what the crowd thought !:lol::lol:

Glenn

First Grade
Horo was trying to channel Ian Hindmarsh vs Penrith, not quiet the same result. :lol:

Was so impressded with Horo last night, He looks to have a bit of skill to back up that strong running.

But more impressed with Brod Wright, It was the 1st time I have seen him play since Flegg. I thought he was excellent. Made some good meters. Latimore went ok.

Wouldn't mind having Iwi Huaraki's speed on one of the wings next year.

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
I just loved watching every bit of the Wenty and Jets game, the neighbours knew who I was going for when I started screaming at the telly when we scored. I think I even screamed louder when the Broncos lost the Toyota cup, I hate them just as much as I hate Manly, the Dogs.

Parra Guru

Coach
Del,

Joey is okay he walked the lap of honour and at the club just had his leg in a brace, but was talking un assisted.

After an ACL injury it's common to be able to walk around though.

When I did mine, the first thing all the docs etc said was did you go back on? Because after about 10-15 mins, the damaged nerves in the ligament settle down and you feel like you can go for a run again.

Although mine was f**ked everywhere else so I didn't feel like that at all :lol:

Elver

Juniors
If anyone has a copy of the Wenty Grand Final win on tape/DVD I'd love to get a copy of it. I'd forgot to change the clock on my DVD Recorder to Daylight Savings time and missed all but 3 minutes of the first half.
Happy to exchange payment and postage details directly via email.

Yodaeel

Juniors
G,day ELVER....THERE WILL BE A DVD AVAILABLE KEEP IN TOUCH.

I AM VERY PROUD OF THE TEAM,THE COACH AND THE STAFF.

OVO

Seriously, How good is this Rip Taylor. Everything he touches turns to gold.

WHY ISN'T he Coaching our 1st grade team? Why isn't he at the very least the assistant? Players have respect for him and looks as though he instills that mental toughness in his teams. Something that we have been lacking in 1st grade for years.

Sign Rip for Life.

Nikki

Coach
Love, love, LOVE my Wenty boys. Was impressed with them all, even Horo who I thought had one of his best games.

GO THE BASTARD CHILD!!! WOOOO!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
still laughing this morning

never seen players cramp up from taking so many field goal shots before

Latest posts