What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moderators

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol, noice, lets see 2 x 0 = 0, lol
You've done it now. The Mods that pay for the honour will want a pay rise.
I have a bad feeling that someone will actually believe that.
Mr Angry said:
No complaints here I just like calling him evil, cause he is.
He is. Sort of crazy as well. All prerequisites to being a Mod.
Mr Angry said:
80 mods geez this place has grown.
It was 100, we cut some back a year or two ago but it has grown again, so it might be more. Reviewing it again this month. To improve communications I'd like to see just 50 Mods, but there's just so many forums now. Mary Shelley didn't know half of it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Willow mainly with some help from Legend but I hear he does not show up form work anymore.

LWOS msn group, with Willow, Legend, EA, Roopy and others

Greeneye use to be the technical guy, but coby took that over a while back.

May 2003 it all started

roopy

Referee
Out of interest, who started LU and how long has it been around for?
Moffo made it happen.
Willow and Legend tried several times to move the community from msn, but the posters were comfortable and wouldn't move.
Moffo suggested all the moderators of LWOS move to the new format and never post again on msn, and the rest is history.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Roopy and EA still dislike each other, some things never change.

Oneye was an MSN poster too, hey moffo

Roopy and EA still dislike each other, some things never change.

Oneye was an MSN poster too, hey moffo

I like roopy.

I have a good, old fashioned roopy once per day. Followed by a good wipe and vigorous hand wash.

For what it's worth, being a mod is an arse of a job. There are no plaudits, just brickbats. They have to put up with complete fools on a daily basis that in real life they wouldn't give the time of day to. And 99% of the time they're dead right. roopy is the other 1%

Oh, and if millers is the worst mod on LU, I'm the coast of Cornwall.

And for the record, mong has moved on from millers and is currently in a forum relationship with me. And I'm the pitcher.

Get it right.

It's true, he has the tap marks from tea time on his forehead to prove it.

If it makes you feel better Hevy, I'd ban your sorry arse from 4C if I were a mod. He'll, I'd ban just about everyone else who posts in 4C too. You're all a bunch of pretentious wankers.

You all give me the sh*ts and I'd stick you all in the cricket forum with locky #1 as the mod..

roopy

Referee
The potted history.

All was peace and love on the World of Rugby League forum in 2000 till Legend posted a hugely abusive tirade directed at Matt Gidley. A moderator named McCavity deleted his tirade, causing said Legend to go to war with the tyranical administrator, MattO. Many of the senior posters, Willow, Ozbash, GavBT (the namer of the Firkin Fun bar), El diablo (now El Dugue), Moffat Fan Club (now Moffo) myself and approximately 10 others joined the new site set up by Legend - named Legend's World of Sport. The original moderators were Legend, Willow, Gav and Ozbash from memory, and Moffo and myself were appointed when the site got 100 members.

The LWOS site reached the massive size of 1000 members posting between 700 and 1200 posts a week between 2001 and 2003 - or roughly the size of our present International section.

Legend and Willow made the plan to move the community to a better format and so they had more control. There were four or five attempts to move that failed due to the 150 or so regular posters on LWOS being comfortable with the msn format and not willing to move. It finally happened when all the moderators walked out of LWOS, as suggested by Moffo.

For the record, the LWOS forum was the highest standard forum I have been part of. What it lacked in quantity it made up in quality.

roopy

Referee
Also for the record, I've thought EA is a toxic bore from my first encounter with him, and have never been shy about telling him so, but I don't believe i've let that effect any moderating decisions.

You only target people who are isolated when you have backup.
You were always too cowardly to take me on.

lol

You were the moderator, and I had to have back-up?

:lol:

What back-up do I have now?

This thread is about moderating and you were the single worst moderator in the history of forums.

The threads are still there by the way. I was having a chuckle at them again a little while back.

Shorty

Staff member
Honestly, I think in regards to moderators going crazy with power...certain posters like to test the limits of a moderator and have that general problem with authority.

With links...this site is covering it's own *ss by having strict rules on posting stories without links.
But in general (especially with attacks and arguments) this site is very, very generous.
I'm sure there's a percentage of posters on here that post here because they can't get in anywhere else!