What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith might be next?

Raudonikis

Juniors
In RLW today he has given DA a spray over letting finch go.Quite a few quotes by the way..Maybe DA has put him on notice as well seeing he is on long term contract..The cleanout has begun!!!

bartman

Immortal
Not good to hear... any player giving out quotes of a critical nature about an issue like that to the media should be on thin ice.

And the second bit is pretty sh*t to hear too... though I'm betting on him being a jailBird next season anyway.

In RLW today he has given DA a spray over letting finch go.Quite a few quotes by the way..Maybe DA has put him on notice as well seeing he is on long term contract..The cleanout has begun!!!

I would like to read what he said. I could not imagine him saying anything against the coach. As this bloke scored a 4 year deal for doing nothing. BEN SMITH WOULD BE THE NEXT to go after Cayless imo.

eels_fan

First Grade
Was just about to post the same thing,

Cant believe Ben Smith would be so stupid as to publically say he disagreed with DA's handling of the Finch situation

"We will need him (Finch) when time get hard, because he is the bloke who keeps everyone together and is always upbeat"

He seems very distanced from the coach in the way he talks:
"But time will tell, you don't know what Anderson's mind-set is until he work out what he wants. He hasn't told us anything yet though"

Something tells me if DA catches a read of RLW Ben Smith may be playing for Wenty this weekend...

Quotes sourced from RLW Pg 9

bartman

Immortal
Or maybe playing 80 mins against the Bulldogs pack as more punishment than a demotion to Wenty :lol:?

stuke

Bench
very interesting. obviously a fair bit of unrest and maybe some players are trying to get in and see if they can overthrow DA before he overthrows them. the team needs a cleanout, much like the Knights did when BS arrived.

as for Bird, I would love to see a similair style of player in the club, just without the attitude and idiocy that he possesses. the last guy we had with a real winning mongrel attitude was Morrison.

Was just about to post the same thing,

Cant believe Ben Smith would be so stupid as to publically say he disagreed with DA's handling of the Finch situation

He seems very distanced from the coach in the way he talks:

Something tells me if DA catches a read of RLW Ben Smith may be playing for Wenty this weekend...

Quotes sourced from RLW Pg 9

hmmmm interesting

fanaticeel

Juniors
very interesting. obviously a fair bit of unrest and maybe some players are trying to get in and see if they can overthrow DA before he overthrows them. the team needs a cleanout, much like the Knights did when BS arrived.

as for Bird, I would love to see a similair style of player in the club, just without the attitude and idiocy that he possesses. the last guy we had with a real winning mongrel attitude was Morrison.[/quote]

I miss Morrison too...anyone else coming off contract similar...except Bird

he would have been the last person that I thought would speak out considering his poor form, Im finding it hard to believe he would say this.......

SDM

First Grade
Didn't he move in with Jarryd Hayne?

Maybe the attitude is rubbing off, but not in the direction the club had hoped.

spiderdan

Bench
I rekon Finch will be a revelation as 5/8 for the storm.
or he may try to over-call cronk and f**k up their structure big time. if that happens then it may have been $300k well spent on our part.

re: greg bird i was thinking about that the other day. as a player he is exactly what our club needs. would love to see him as a ball playing back rower at the club. depending on what happens with the speculated cleanout, if we have the funds i would love to see taylor and bird at the club.

in terms of a short term 7 matt head is probably the only decent quality player to bring to the club. if saints released him i'd imagine a similar arrangement would be made to ours with finch (ie. saints pay a big chunk of his contract and we top it up with a small figure) and how we signed joe n from souths. in all honesty i'd rather see how mortimer will step up.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ben Smith should be worried about playing well, and nothing else. He is on a 4 year deal and has only shown patches of good form since 2005. And let DA do the coaching, imagine the outcry if it was Hayne coming out and saying what Smith has said??????

Ben Smith should be worried about playing well, and nothing else. He is on a 4 year deal and has only shown patches of good form since 2005. And let DA do the coaching, imagine the outcry if it was Hayne coming out and saying what Smith has said??????

If Hayne said it... HJ would be on to it quicker than a fly to sh*t!!

eel01s

Bench
If Ben is on minimal money, then fine, lets keep him. However if he is on more than $100k, and doesn't perform this year, then he can go too.

I can't believe he said what was quoted above, to me that really shows that it is a split camp at the moment (pro DA, against DA).

If that is true then it doesn't bode well for season 2009.

eels_

Juniors
It doesn't matter if finch goes well at the storm... he didn't go well at parra so there was no point in keeping him...

Raudonikis

Juniors
Matt Logue Jess? but as i said there was a lot of quoting in the article and headline was>>> YOU BLEW IT DAN...lol..whatever Da has to do to bring the eels back is fine by me and i applaud him for his stance

Latest posts