What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Titans

bigfoot

Juniors
May as well start this.

My team:
1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Gavin Cooper
5. Shane Elford
6. Jarrod Sammut
7. Wade Graham
8. Matthew Bell
9. Paul Aiton
10. Petero Civoniceva (learn how to stick your head into a scrum... how hard is it?).
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Paulo/Penese/someone who knows how to catch a ball
13. Luke Lewis (if he's not back we'll lose by 100).
Bench:
14. Frank Puletua (learnt how to catch a ball this week, well done!)
15. Tim Grant
16. Keith Peters? (only because there's no-one else).
17. Paulo/Penese someone who knows how to catch a ball
Coach: Big Mick

Out:
Nathan Smith - Windsor. Learn how to not suck (at football... and also the coach).
Masada Iosefa - Windsor. Learn to catch a ball.
Frank Pritchard - Windsor. Learn to catch a ball.
Brad Tighe - Injured I suspect.

What supercoach will pick:

1. Coote
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Tighe (he'll change things at the last minute if injured)
5. Elford
6. Lewis
7. Sammut
8. Bell
9. Aiton
10. Civoniceva
11. Waterhouse
12. Pritchard
13. Smith (can't be moving him now, can we? :lol:)
Bench:
14. Puletua
15. Iosefa
16. Grant
17. Cooper
18. Graham (just to "trick" the opposition... :roll:)

What about everyone else?

Last edited:

bigfoot

Juniors
Yeah. Hopefully not although not a huge loss IMO (at least it wasn't Jennings).
Either Cooper will be moved to centre, or maybe Elford to centre with Tia Kilifi to get a shot on the wing... either way, not too bad, I guess.

Panthers888

Juniors
1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Gavin Cooper
5. Shane Elford
6. Luke Lewis
7. Jarrod Sammut
8. Tim Grant
9. Paul Aiton
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Matthew Bell
13. Nathan Smith

14. Frank Pritchard
15. Frank Puletua
16. Sam McKendry
17. Wade Graham

murraymob

Coach
1.lachlan..........coote
2..ben...........mcfadgeon
3.michael........jennings
4.micheal.......gordon
5.shane.........elford
6.wade........graham
7.jarrod.......sammmut
8.petro........civo
9.paul..........aiton
10.matt........bell
11..trent......waterhouse
12.nathen.....smith
13.luke.........lewis
14.masada.....isofia
15.frank........pritchard
16.andrew.....pearn
17.gavin........cooper

droped
tighe ....is injured but would have droped him
grant.....needs time at windsor not bending line with runs
pulutua...to many mistakes little impact

hugio

Juniors
I'd put Arona in there for Grant, 188m tonight and is averaging 132m a game this season (before tonight)

Iosefa out, Lewis in (hopefully)

Pritchard back to the bench

Fibroman

First Grade
1. Coote (stick with him he has the goods)
2. Gordon (given)
3. Jennings (given)
4. Lewis (centre is his position)
5. Tia Kalifi (wild card)
6. Graham (best option we have)
7. Sammut (best option we have)
8. Petero (given)
9. Aiton (better to start and masada better in open play off the bench)
10. Bell (has been good this year)
11. House (given)
12. Pritchard (stick with him we are paying him 350k a season)
13. Paulo (We need a ball player, give him a go?????)

14. Iosefa (see Aiton)
15. Smith (lacks impact but send him on when there are tired legs and we need tacklers)
16. Cooper (has been ok so far)
17. McKendry/Blackett (Give a young bloke a go)

Dropped: Timmy Grant. Isnt showing the heart he did last year. Lacks impact. Needs to put on 5-10kgs IMO.

F. Puletua. 2 tries in 150 games. Need i say more. He is happy to plod along, but hasnt got the killer instinct. I haven't even seen him fire up or swing a punch in 150 games which is pretty sad for a front rower)

Elford. Has been good in my opinion, but isn't a game breaker, and not quite big and strong enough to play in the back row. Elford and Cooper were a toss of a coin for me.

Kilkenny

Coach
No need for panic or wholesale changes.

I will venture out to Windsor Stadium on Sunday and see how the Windsor side are performing.

I can't see too many changes as we tried our hardest again tonight and were beaten by the better side. No complaints really. Finished behind on the 50-50 calls as is always the case but didn't influence the outcome as we were well beaten in the end.

murraymob

Coach
one thing is clear the step up from u20 to first is to big.Perhaps its time to promote these guys to windsor see how they go before bringing to first grade

Kilkenny

Coach
one thing is clear the step up from u20 to first is to big.Perhaps its time to promote these guys to windsor see how they go before bringing to first grade

Murraybob. The twenties are 0-6 and playing exactly like there position on the table suggests. They were pretty ordinary this evening and the scoreline pretty much flattered us in my opinion. There is no one from the under 20's who could seriously be considered for promotion to the top grade and even Windsor is doubtful.

Kilkenny

Coach
The midweek crisis meeting of the Toyota Cup squad clearly did not have the desired effect considering we were down 22-0 after just about as many minutes.

Yes the positive will say it was a good comeback, but the result was never in doubt and the scoreline flattered us. Arona was the only player who could hold his head high with a very gutsy performance. Our outside backs in this current side offer absolutely nothing. Watene had a few good moments including his solo try but will never play first grade as he is simply too small.

Fibroman

First Grade
Bring on the contract talent scouts. There has to be an Andrew Johns or a Brad Fittler out there playing in a park in Mt Druitt or Doonside somewhere. Let's find them.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think it is fair to say our SG Ball and Matthews sides will most likely be eliminated from tommorrows semi finals. Bearing in mind I am talking about a 12 team semi final competition. Pretty much sums up where we are at in 2009 with our juniors. Very, very poor seasons and not a bright future. The next generation can only be better.

murraymob

Coach
Murraybob. The twenties are 0-6 and playing exactly like there position on the table suggests. They were pretty ordinary this evening and the scoreline pretty much flattered us in my opinion. There is no one from the under 20's who could seriously be considered for promotion to the top grade and even Windsor is doubtful.

Dilkenny the u20 are not performing well.That does not mean several can not at some point step up.That will happen by being promoted via Windsor.Elliott has shown he promotes and demotes the same players constantly

Kilkenny

Coach
Dilkenny the u20 are not performing well.That does not mean several can not at some point step up.That will happen by being promoted via Windsor.Elliott has shown he promotes and demotes the same players constantly

Murraybob, I take offence to be referred to as Dilkenny. I sincerely hope it was a typo and not a deliberate refernce to me being a dill.

murraymob

Coach
Murraybob, I take offence to be referred to as Dilkenny. I sincerely hope it was a typo and not a deliberate refernce to me being a dill.

my spelling will improve in line with yours improving.The spelling of ones name can be improved by both of us.But will it.We shall see.If i thought you where a dill i would call you Elliott not Dillkenny

The Tank

Bench
Iosefa must be dropped. He f**ked us up big time when we were in with a chance. Pritchard f**ked up too but he's too valuable (at his best) to be dropped IMO.

mxlegend99

Referee
i am pretty sure tighe has a torn pectoral muscle he will be out for a few weeks
Hopefully his injury is long enough for a replacement player to prove he is better then Tighe. Could be a great thing for the Panthers.

Although i hate to see these things come at the expense of a players health.