What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are they now ? Scott Wisemantel

Gronk

Staff member
SCOTT WISEMANTEL JOINS WARATAHS AS ASSISTANT COACH

Former Wallaby Skills Coach Scott Wisemantel has signed on to join the HSBC Waratahs as an Assistant Coach for the next two years.
Wisemantel has almost ten years professional coaching experience including the last four seasons with the Wallabies.
His new appointment with the Waratahs sees him return to the scene of his first major coaching appointment in Australia, a two-year term as Skills Coach starting in 2001.
Most recently Wisemantel has taken his knowledge in a consultancy role throughout Africa, Asia and the South Pacific before signing on with the Waratahs for 2009 and 2010.
“To be involved in the Wallaby program for an extended period of time you have to be an excellent coach so we’re extremely privileged to have Scott joining the team,” said HSBC Waratahs Head Coach, Chris Hickey. “On top of his time with the Wallabies he’s got a wealth of experience coaching abroad so he’ll have a lot to bring to team.
“The Waratahs overall skills lifted noticeably during the 2008 Super 14 campaign and with Scott’s appointment I’m confident that improvement will continue.”
Wisemantel’s appointment is the first step in finalising the Waratahs new coaching structure under Hickey.
“The pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together so hopefully it won’t be too long before we can tie down our coaching and playing staff for 2009 and get be on the path to a successful campaign next year,” said Hickey.

Scott Wisemantel – Profile
Playing Career
1988-92 Parramatta Eels (rugby league)
1992-99 Eastwood
Coaching Career
1999-00 Toyoda (Japan) – Assistant Coach
2001-02 NSW Waratahs – Skills Coach
2002-03 Montferrand (France) – Assistant Coach
2004-05 Australian U19s – Coach
2004-07 Australian Wallabies – Skills Coach
http://www.heavensgame.com/competit...mantel-joins-waratahs-as-assistant-coach.html

Stagger eel

Staff member
actually, I think he had a brother named Andrew that also played at the club....can't confirm that though

rambo1

Juniors
Skills and Waratahs should be not be mentioned in the same breath. Having watched them this season I would have to say I have never seen so many skill failures by individual players. Some can't even catch and pass. And this bloke probably gets paid $150k a year.