What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

half_back

Juniors
Ball Squad

FB
Edan Price
Ryan Wilson
Michael Compton

C/W
John Pepa
Keti Nani
Jake B/F
Tony Satinin
Tevita Felikatou
Josh Leslie
Damien Luhr
Inoke Vunipola
Zion Ahu

1/2-5/8
Regan Verney
Harry Seijka
Robbie Mate
Sean Pickup

SR/Lock
Vaipuna TK
Corey Carl
Jacob Brenner
Tom Eisenhuth
Elkan Tanuuasa
Michael Lakkas
Dilan Curtis
Matthew Thompson
Michael Pio
Nicholas Mataia

FR
Sam Hollis
Solo Alone
Tyrone Viiga
Kaisa Matavao
Kyle Burchardt
Darcy Hogan
Jonathon Taefu

Hooker
Blake South
Reece Regan

Art Vandalay

Juniors
Ball Squad

FB
Edan Price
Ryan Wilson
Michael Compton

C/W
John Pepa
Keti Nani
Jake B/F
Tony Satinin
Tevita Felikatou
Josh Leslie
Damien Luhr
Inoke Vunipola
Zion Ahu

1/2-5/8
Regan Verney
Harry Seijka
Robbie Mate
Sean Pickup

SR/Lock
Vaipuna TK
Corey Carl
Jacob Brenner
Tom Eisenhuth
Elkan Tanuuasa
Michael Lakkas
Dilan Curtis
Matthew Thompson
Michael Pio
Nicholas Mataia

FR
Sam Hollis
Solo Alone
Tyrone Viiga
Kaisa Matavao
Kyle Burchardt
Darcy Hogan
Jonathon Taefu

Hooker
Blake South
Reece Regan

thats a strong team i am a big fan of farkas but not of tyler but why would penrith waste time with them arron should be there he can play anywhere sumone please explain

footyboy7

Juniors
Sunday Grand Finals were today.

The 16s saw St Marys defeat Glenmore Park 26-24, best player on the field would have been Johnny Tapuiaga. It was a hard fought game with none of the so-called guns standing up. Tony had the chance to win it for GP in the final seconds but passed it when he could of fell over the line.

In the 17s St Clair defeated the highly fancied St Marys 28-26. Best player on field for St Clair was no doubt Daniel Arona absolutely carved up. SHOULD have been picked for Penrith. Nich Mataia played well for St Marys, though the rest of the team played terrible. With one certain player overkilling most sets. Not mentioning names.

C-Grade, St Clair pumprd Brothers 34-4. Best Player would have been Matt Moylan, who started of the bench for some reason. Came on and destroyed the Brothers defence. Good game to the #7 Peter King aswell.

I heard today that Tai Tuivasa and Jason Antonelli were signed by Parramatta and would be playing in that comp next year? Can anyone confirm.

With the out of district players for SG Ball i.e. Verney, Pickup, Burdhardt, Horgan and Edan Price are they all 18 in 2010 and does anyone know of there previous representative achievements?

Art Vandalay

Juniors

The 16s saw St Marys defeat Glenmore Park 26-24, best player on the field would have been Johnny Tapuiaga. It was a hard fought game with none of the so-called guns standing up. Tony had the chance to win it for GP in the final seconds but passed it when he could of fell over the line.

In the 17s St Clair defeated the highly fancied St Marys 28-26. Best player on field for St Clair was no doubt Daniel Arona absolutely carved up. SHOULD have been picked for Penrith. Nich Mataia played well for St Marys, though the rest of the team played terrible. With one certain player overkilling most sets. Not mentioning names.

C-Grade, St Clair pumprd Brothers 34-4. Best Player would have been Matt Moylan, who started of the bench for some reason. Came on and destroyed the Brothers defence. Good game to the #7 Peter King aswell.

I heard today that Tai Tuivasa and Jason Antonelli were signed by Parramatta and would be playing in that comp next year? Can anyone confirm.

With the out of district players for SG Ball i.e. Verney, Pickup, Burdhardt, Horgan and Edan Price are they all 18 in 2010 and does anyone know of there previous representative achievements?

daniel aronna played outstanding

but there are way to many front rowers

canyone comfirm why dean zammit and junior massaga arent in the squad

stretcher

Juniors
daniel aronna played outstanding

but there are way to many front rowers

canyone comfirm why dean zammit and junior massaga arent in the squad
my guess would be junior hasnt made a break all year dosent penetrate and dean is to slow and combersome with really slow play the balls

corner post

Juniors

st. marys were terrible in the 17s there go forward was terrible they only would have completed 3 sets the whole game they turned over way too much ball and st clair wanted to win more than them and deserved to.
i agree best player on the field was daniel arona and 4 st marys no one played well

sweet-as

Juniors
16s game was an absolute beauty. It come down to the last minute of the game with both Glenmore and St marys players continuing to find new levels during the game. Tony was extremely well marked but should have won the game for his team in the last minute.
I still don't know how St marys won, they played 3 days ago, half their team were carrying injuries and they also had a player sin binned in the first half.
St marys best were Tai Tuivasa, Joel Waddell and Johnny Tapuaga.

Glenmore's best were Webb, Cy samuals and the antonellis.

St marys 17s played terrible and to be honest it was nice to see someone beat them, hopefully it will bring some life back to their comp now.

Not surprised by the A grade result but the C grade i thought may have been different.

brothersleague

Juniors

if u wont, i will gladly mention the name, blake south, only reason he has ever made a rep team is cos of his dad, attrocious on the weekend, attrocious all year

summit

Juniors
if u wont, i will gladly mention the name, blake south, only reason he has ever made a rep team is cos of his dad, attrocious on the weekend, attrocious all year
are you kidding urself idiot i dont know wat games u have been watching all year but he is easily the best hooker in that age group you got no problems dropping names how about u tell us ur name and we will comment on the way u play if u do play fair enough he didnt have the best game yesterday but neither did any of the 17 probably except nick mataia its very hard for hooker to shine with no go forward liek the st marys pack showed yesterday atleast he tryed to get them going forward

brothersleague

Juniors
r u joking!!?? listen to what u just said! he cant perform when his pack is under pressure and not going forward! i hate to break it to him but unlike the st marys forward pack who hav had go forward all year, junior reps is definately not that easy! and an example of how he is and will play like in sg ball was the weekends game, they were under pressure where they werent rolling through teams like he is used to and couldnt cope. instead of invested contracted players in the halves- where penrith have incredible depth they definately should have spent it in hooker, it is the weakest position by far

and u tell me ur name then superstar

stretcher

Juniors
r u joking!!?? listen to what u just said! he cant perform when his pack is under pressure and not going forward! i hate to break it to him but unlike the st marys forward pack who hav had go forward all year, junior reps is definately not that easy! and an example of how he is and will play like in sg ball was the weekends game, they were under pressure where they werent rolling through teams like he is used to and couldnt cope. instead of invested contracted players in the halves- where penrith have incredible depth they definately should have spent it in hooker, it is the weakest position by far

honestly brothersleague u have some sort of agenda with blake south because he is the best hooker in that age group and also better than anyone in the age group above his and below his age nobody gets even close ive watched this guy play for a couple of years in fact ive watched him single handidly destroy teams especially remember a game against brothers he also destroyed the bulldogs and parra at the newcastle knockout and has been approached by rival club offering money but is contracted to penrith.These forums are there for people like you to voice there opinions but you are embarrasing yourself and making a mockery of this thread.Now my challenge to you is name a hooker better than him from the age of 16-18 and try not to be biest cause its really obvious.

summit

Juniors

well obviuosly you are a 1/2 in the penrith comp that plays in the 17s and you obviously wont drop your name i dont have to drop my name cause i wasnt the one doing the bagging and obviously your not a superstar cause you would give your name i follow the penrith juniors closely and you must not have seen how he performed in the matts 2008 and your talking about depth in the halves you have no idea robbie mate is the only decent half in the comp who hasent been playing well of late and damion luhr goes ok aaron farkas cant last playing in a tough game without sooking about headaches and needs to get tougher so we really have depth and obviuosly you cant play because if you knew anything about football you would know that no matter how good your halves and hooker is if your forwards arent going forward than how can your halves and hooker dominate and that occurs from under 12s to nrl and by the way you must not be in the train on squad either

Last edited:

Art Vandalay

Juniors
well obviuosly you are a 1/2 in the penrith comp that plays in the 17s and you obviously wont drop your name i dont have to drop my name cause i wasnt the one doing the bagging and obviously your not a superstar cause you would give your name i follow the penrith juniors closely and you must not have seen how he performed in the matts 2008 and your talking about depth in the halves you have no idea robbie mate is the only decent half in the comp who hasent been playing well of late and damion luhr goes ok aaron farkas cant last playing in a tough game without sooking about headaches and needs to get tougher so we really have depth and obviuosly you cant play because if you knew anything about football you would know that no matter how good your halves and hooker is if your forwards arent going forward than how can your halves and hooker dominate and that occurs from under 12s to nrl and by the way you must not be in the train on squad either

ok people we are neva gonna establish the blake south issue what we will find out is
the the specifics of the squad as well as imports and who has been snubbed

lets get back on track people

The Teach

Juniors
And preferably in sentences everyone cos some of these posts are incredibly hard and painful to read!

ashton

Juniors
171.jpg

Photos from St Clairs website. http://www.stclairjrlc.org.au/LINKS.htm
17/1's

cgrade.jpg

C Grade

Last edited:

Art Vandalay

Juniors
st clair did want it more than st marys it showed through out the whole game

jon pepa needed to get more involved and st marys would of had a beter shot

standouts for mine where daniel aronna

still dnt think hes up to penriths rate but

the st marys pack needed to do more i thought they went missing and the likes of tyrone carved up towards the back end of the halfs

im not disputing penriths decision to dump some of the academy players but i would like to the reasons behind it

corner post

Juniors

well, all i can see here is that you are upset cause you arent going to make the squad so you need to try and down grade someone else.
If thats what makes you feel better than you keep doing that.
I saw the game on the weekend and i dont see what you are talking about,no one from st.marys went any good and you cant blame it on 1 kid i have seen this kid carve sides up and yes it is true stretcher i have heard he has had offers from rival clubs but is contracted to penrithand by the way brothersleague looking at your past posts you have bagged the 3 windsor kids as well in carl,hollis and curtis why dont you have a good look at yourself in the mirror before you start bagging any one else the only kid that probably make it from brothers and deserves to is kaisa

Last edited:

corner post

Juniors

and by the way brothersleague looking at your past posts you have bagged the 3 windsor kids as well in carl,hollis and curtis why dont you have a good look at yourself in the mirror before you start bagging any one else the only kid that probably make it from brothers and deserves to is kaisa

Latest posts