What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Day - Leagues Club to ANZ?

where is the Brewery? is it outside ANZ?
i'm coming down for the game and would like to have a quiet one with some of you guys pre-game to put faces to names etc.

MystikEel

Juniors
i'm coming down for the game and would like to have a quiet one with some of you guys pre-game to put faces to names etc.

The brewery is right next to Olympic Park station - literally walk past it when you get out of the station. Going by last week's attendance the outside area will be HUGE and quite possibly packed. I reckon early people should nab a corner somewhere so it's easy to find people. + I seem to remember there's a bar at each end so a corner would be near one \\\\:D/ :cool:

TheParraboy

Staff member

In addition to what Mystik has said

as you walk out from the train station, the brewey is on the left, ANZ stadium on the right

If your coming by other means, the brewey is basically attached to the novotel, on the same block anywy, and is basically oppositie ANZ stadium entrance (train station end)about 2-3 walk

Wear your parra jersey and ill come say hello :D

parra_jesus

Juniors
if its cool with you guys ill prob come have a few beers with you guys at the sterlo lounge at 12. i prob wont reconise you guys except for maybe ron cause of his avatar but if you see a dude that reminds you of hindmarsh(cause of the hair when his was abit longer) with the blue parra training jersey on then that will be me.

born an eel

Bench
The brewery is right next to Olympic Park station - literally walk past it when you get out of the station. Going by last week's attendance the outside area will be HUGE and quite possibly packed. I reckon early people should nab a corner somewhere so it's easy to find people. + I seem to remember there's a bar at each end so a corner would be near one \\\\:D/ :cool:
I have tickets on level 6 are there bars at this level or do you need to go down to the lower levels for a beer.

What time do you guys intend on heading inside the stadium?
Is there a cost difference for beers at the brewery and inside the stadium?

Suitman

Post Whore
I have tickets on level 6 are there bars at this level or do you need to go down to the lower levels for a beer.

Is there a cost difference for beers at the brewery and inside the stadium?

Yes, there are bars on Level 6, although queues can sometimes be long. It's still better than Parra Stadium though.

I have a question that someone might be able to answer.

Will you need to be a member to get into the club on Sunday, or will visitors also be allowed in as per usual?

Suity

bartman

Immortal
I have a question that someone might be able to answer.

Will you need to be a member to get into the club on Sunday, or will visitors also be allowed in as per usual?

Suity
Just a guess, but I'd say members only with the crowd expected.

The Stadium from 2pm is open invite, and the club plans (in ParraAds thread) say that the players will be appearing in the Stadium at 10pm, with no public appearance inside the club.

To me all that spells members only inside the Club, and all-comers and the main focus on the Stadium.

bartman

Immortal
Everyone's different, and some people will be getting to the Stadium for gates open and all three games, and looking to meet up afterwards.

HJ correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the tentative plan so far is:

12pm Leagues Club
1:00-1:30pm Down Church Street
1:30-2:00pm Pub near station
2:00-2:30pm Train to Olympic Park
3:00pm Meet inside/at the Brewery...

...meaning people can enter the Stadium at their leisure anytime before kickoff at 5pm. Personally I'll probably go inside at 3:30pm.

Close enough.

I'd say more along the lines of:

12pm - Leagues Club for some coldies;
Sometime after 12pm - Make it up as we go along;
4:45pm-ish - ANZ Stadium.

scottyeel

Bench
Just a guess, but I'd say members only with the crowd expected.

The Stadium from 2pm is open invite, and the club plans (in ParraAds thread) say that the players will be appearing in the Stadium at 10pm, with no public appearance inside the club.

To me all that spells members only inside the Club, and all-comers and the main focus on the Stadium.
So do you think it would be a waste of time if out of towners headed to the leagues club at 12?

bartman

Immortal
Close enough.

I'd say more along the lines of:

12pm - Leagues Club for some coldies;
Sometime after 12pm - Make it up as we go along;
4:45pm-ish - ANZ Stadium.
:lol:

I think people are looking for ways to meet us along the way, and times for the Brewery...

Last edited: