What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Selection

BissyB

Juniors
With Shackleton injured, and Inu having a solid game, what changes will be made for next week?

Will Reddy stroll back in? Will Inu keep the spot?

Who will come onto the bench?

lingard

Coach
Inu looked pretty good, but didn`t do anything that Reddy couldn`t or wouldn`t have done. At this stage he`s our second string centre. Reddy should stroll back into the team. I suppose Oake is next cab off the rank in the forwards. And I wouldn`t put Inu on the bench. We need a forward, not a centre.

Daneel

Bench
I think if reddy was playing we may have scored two extra tries from crossfield kicks that were dropped.

hindy111

Post Whore
Oake - horo or Lassalo but shacks was playing front row so maybe none of them if they want a front rower...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The front rowers are pretty much covered with Moimoi and Mannah off the bench. I reckon Oake or Horo given their good form in the trials.

bartman

Immortal
Read somewhere Reddy is in doubt for next week too? If so, team same as took the field against Saints (ie Inu stays), except Oake in for Shack (with Hindy taking on any front row duties/rotations that DA intended for Shack).

yy_cheng

Coach
I think 1eyed hit the nail on the head with his analysis on the other website.

We need FUI to start just to get some go forward:

13. Benny
12. Fui
11. Hindy
10. Poore
8. Caylo

15. Mateo - his magic will be more successful when our pack dominates
16. Mannah
17. Oake

at first interchange, Mateo and Mannah comes on for 2 of FUI, Caylo, Poore. Whoever is the least buggered or whoever is the hardest to handle stays on.

Oake to get some but little game time for mine.

caylo

Bench

13. Benny
12. Fui
11. Hindy
10. Poore
8. Caylo

16. Mannah
17. Oake

at first interchange, Mateo and Mannah comes on for 2 of FUI, Caylo, Poore. Whoever is the least buggered or whoever is the hardest to handle stays on.

I would prefer Fui in the backrow with Benny to the bench and bring in Pele or Allgood. Mateo needs to play more minutes too, we look more dangerous with him on.

EelsFan05

Bench
I would prefer Fui in the backrow with Benny to the bench and bring in Pele or Allgood. Mateo needs to play more minutes too, we look more dangerous with him on.

IMO there is no way Smith goes to the bench. For me he was our best player on Friday night and saved at least 2-3 tries. I think Fui should start with Cayless and by round five or six DA is going to have to bite the bullet and more Cayless to the bench.

Dymock

Juniors

13. Benny
12. Fui
11. Hindy
10. Poore
8. Caylo

16. Mannah
17. Oake

I like the thinking behind this suggestion. there might be a problem around the 15-20 minute mark but we would make a major impact on the game early and get momentum going. I've noticed that we tend to start slowly in games and we then start to recover around the 15 minute mark after a period of defence or we get back in the game a bit later. We need to work on our slow starts to games and to dominate earlier.

The Colonel

Immortal
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. Robson
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Moimoi