What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Crowd doesn't look as big as it was meant to be in Brisbane.

Plenty of empty seats.

Really? looks like a decent 47k+ there.

Rather disappointed with the Eels crowd.. 18.5k~. Don't understand how it's a sell out... thank god it wasn't moved to ANZ

flamin

Juniors
Still reckon more would have showed up at ANZ. Parramatta never sells out. Had it been moved it would have been hyped up a lot more. Also not a lot of Dragons fans seemed to show at Parramatta whereas ypu'd expect them to make a much larger % of the crowd at ANZ. Having said that, I don't find fault with the Eels decision over the past month - though I believe they should have already set it at ANZ when the draw was made.

Last edited:

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
ANZ wouldve got about 25K I think. More accessible for both fans. Parra Stadium has no parking or train station near the ground so keeps alot of fans away

well blow me down!

I said it would be 48k and it was.....

right again. and sh*t, no wonder, I just didnt crap on, I actually did some leg work and got facts and drew some conclusions, unlike most of the tools on here.

same thing I did with the commission, then searle must have been reading, god bless him

Brutus

Referee
Still reckon more would have showed up at ANZ. Parramatta never sells out. Had it been moved it would have been hyped up a lot more. Also not a lot of Dragons fans seemed to show at Parramatta whereas ypu'd expect them to make a much larger % of the crowd at ANZ.

Spot on.

30-35k would've turned up to ANZ, possibly even more.

I work with a bunch of Dragons fans who had no interest in going to the less accessible Parra Stadium.

For some reason Parra Stadium struggles to sell-out.

Parra v Dogs would still have spare seats at Parra Stadium. Move it to ANZ (which they are doing again this year thank god) and you'll get 40k if both sides are going well.

DINGb@T

Juniors
That's just what happens at all stadiums with seats. The moment you get up near the capacity it gets a lot harder to sell those remaining seats. I dont think you'll ever get a game where they've sold every seat.

flamin

Juniors
Yes, but other stadiums have sold out before. Maybe there are empty seats on game day but they've still sold every ticket the ground is allowed to hold. I don't recall Parramatta ever selling out in recent times - even for games which were hyped much more than last nights.

Bear in mind I'm not having a dig at Parramatta - there are other teams that seem to never sell out as well. Just arguing that the crowd would have been bigger at ANZ.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
In Parramatta's defense round one is difficult to know how many members (ST Holders) you will have, say for example Parramatta released 14000 tickets for public, as they had 6000 members, what happens if 500 more members sign up in the last few days, where do they sit... ?? Still close consultation between ticketek and the club should avoid this, but ticketek a f**king useless

yakstorm

First Grade
Spot on.

30-35k would've turned up to ANZ, possibly even more.

I work with a bunch of Dragons fans who had no interest in going to the less accessible Parra Stadium.

For some reason Parra Stadium struggles to sell-out.

Parra v Dogs would still have spare seats at Parra Stadium. Move it to ANZ (which they are doing again this year thank god) and you'll get 40k if both sides are going well.

Exactly, and your mates certainly weren't the only ones put off by the fact the game remained at Parramatta. Naturally a lot of people thought it was sold out (which it was very close, there were only a couple hundred restricted view seats left), and then issues with accessibility and so on always put people off.

It's a shame that there was such a penalty on Parramatta by the Stadium trust if they wanted to move the game. Even at a conservative level, even if only 25K turned up at ANZ, it's still another 5K more than who could fit into Parramatta.

One of the big crowd growth limiters for us as a sport, is generally we don't maximise our big games. We could have realistically had around 80K+ between both games last night, instead of the 66K-67K we ended up with...

Brutus

Referee
Exactly, and your mates certainly weren't the only ones put off by the fact the game remained at Parramatta. Naturally a lot of people thought it was sold out (which it was very close, there were only a couple hundred restricted view seats left), and then issues with accessibility and so on always put people off.

It's a shame that there was such a penalty on Parramatta by the Stadium trust if they wanted to move the game. Even at a conservative level, even if only 25K turned up at ANZ, it's still another 5K more than who could fit into Parramatta.

One of the big crowd growth limiters for us as a sport, is generally we don't maximise our big games. We could have realistically had around 80K+ between both games last night, instead of the 66K-67K we ended up with...

The same will happen next friday night.

Dogs v Saints. Should be at ANZ.

user_nat

Coach
Sharks and Penrith numbers are disappointing.

As is the Dogs, that's below their previous season average, and it's the first game.

Chook Norris

First Grade
some piss poor crowds today..

although the games were hardly great match-ups or traditional crowd pullers anyway.. nevertheless, disappointing for round 1.

11,133 @ CUA

Teddyboy

First Grade
I wish the press not hype the so called bumper crowds of RD1 and as it puts a dampner on things.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
cheers chook.

Out of town teams for both the sharks and the Panthers, so at least they don't play them at home again till next year on the up side.

Status
Not open for further replies.