What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Au revoir....

ortz18

Juniors
At the end of the day my support is still 100% with the club, but that is dependent on what happens over the next few weeks. My support for league on the other hand has taken a hit and it is now hard to watch any game. If Melbourne fold I will never watch a game of league again. If it turns out that Bellamy and the 7 players that received payments were aware of the breach, then my support for the Storm will also diminish.

At the end of the day my support is still 100% with the club, but that is dependent on what happens over the next few weeks. My support for league on the other hand has taken a hit and it is now hard to watch any game. If Melbourne fold I will never watch a game of league again. If it turns out that Bellamy and the 7 players that received payments were aware of the breach, then my support for the Storm will also diminish.

if Bellamy and the players knew, i think they will have to leave the club eventually. Rob moodie must resign also. We will need to start afresh with new admin and a new generation of players. I will still support the club. The club is bigger than any individual(s).

Dan70

Juniors

This is almost exactly how I feel.

God-King Dean

Immortal
if Bellamy and the players knew, i think they will have to leave the club eventually. Rob moodie must resign also. We will need to start afresh with new admin and a new generation of players. I will still support the club. The club is bigger than any individual(s).

Exactly.

Butters

Bench
lol who cares if he comes back. You dont wanna support the boys then f**k off.

Pretty much.

Everything that happens this year will only make it sweeter when Melbourne reclaim the premiership in 2011.

Last edited:

brendothejet

First Grade
i know lesstar quite well and spoke with him a couple days ago.

At first i had a few jokes at his exspense but I tell you, i've never heard anyone sound so heartbroken in my life. The guy is very passionate about his RL and has long been a champion of the game's cause down in melbourne. I can understand how he feels.

I hope he comes back not for the storm, but because i know he does a lot of good stuff for junior footy and I think the whole thing has left him somewhat jaded.

Come on les. You know you love getting pissed with me and bagging of AFL fans!

BackhanderBilly

Juniors
Sadly, this is to be my last ever post on League Unlimited.

The events have transpired on the 22nd of April 2010 (and in the weeks months and years preceeding) have left me gutted, infuriated and disillusioned to the point where 30 years of supporting a game that gave me so many great moments, has come to an end.

For 5 years a man who put on a façade of acting in the best interest of the Melbourne Storm, the team I supported since its inception and been paid up as a member since 2003, and his staff has robbed the players and the fans of the glory years that the Storm experienced from 2006 to now.

The high times, and low points, of the last 4 years now mean nothing. I cried in 2006 when we lost and in 2008 when we were humiliated; now my tears were just a waste. The exact opposite emotions that I felt in our 3 premiership years are now replaced with a pit of emptiness in my stomach.

Never mind the game’s governing body, the administration deliberately and blatantly deceived me and any other person in Melbourne who supported the Storm by signing up as a member, purchasing merchandise or forking out admission to home games at Olympic Park.

I take the deception of the staff at Melbourne Storm as a personal insult. The only thing that gives me comfort is that, at the very least, certain members of the club have ruined their careers in sports administration.

The betrayal of my support, and that of the other members of the Melbourne sporting public, has ripped my heart from my chest and sadly my lifelong passion for rugby league is over and I hope that anyone involved in this gets their just desserts!

My dillema now is what I'm going to do for 6 months every year....
hear hear!

Stand up and take a bow. They have treated you like an absolute fool, stolen your money at the gate and brought the game into irreparable disrepute!

StormChaser

First Grade
Billy, shouldn't you be back in your padded cell, rocking and drooling in the corner? f**k off and die already.

Noa

First Grade
hear hear!

Stand up and take a bow. They have treated you like an absolute fool, stolen your money at the gate and brought the game into irreparable disrepute!

Hurry up and eat your apple sauce billy before it get's cold.

ruprecht.jpg

StormChaser

First Grade
Kia, you're a mod can't you move all that sh*t to the troll bin? It's bad enough we have to cop it all over the rest of the forum, let alone in here. I would never for one second go to another team's section and troll and bag sh*t out of 'em, what goes through these f**ksticks minds???

LESStar58

Referee
I know your reading this L58.

You have 1 week to jump back on board and be part of something very special in roughly 18 months from now. There will be no recriminations, at least from Storm fans, instead we will welcome you back with open arms.

You not supporting the Storm will only hurt the Hershall Gideons, Richie Kennars, Young Tonumapeia's etc,etc.

Noa,

This is the first time I have been on League unlimited since my initial post and I say that truthfully. I have not been in here silently watching and reading what people have to say about me and you know what, people can have whatever view or opinion of me they wish. Having said that I've read the responses from a few Storm fans and fans of other clubs and mostly they've been pretty optimistic. As for the people who have taken a different opinion of me, I cannot change that.

What bought me back here is that since Thursday evening since I made a decision and publically showed my disgust at the club by throwing away my gear (yes, that was me in the Telecrap) is this; save for being at a friend's engagement on Saturday night for a few hours in the last few days I have never felt so empty. I even quit as a referee in the VRL and after a few days I'm starting to think I was too rash in my reaction to this whole thing.

I want to continue to support Storm. The team and the game of rugby league has given me so much joy over many, many years and the realisation that I gave that away with one rash gesture, no matter how public, is something I regret now. I think about the time I spent refereeing last season and how much of a joy it was to run around with thie kids.

I may be many things, but I am big enough to admit when I have made a mistake. And I've made one in this case.

I'm still proud of the players for what they achieved and there is nothing more I have wanted to do more than spit in the faces of Brian Waldron (the real villain in this) and Matt Hanson and anyone else who knowingly carried on with these deceptive practices. The only comfort I can see from this whole thing is that both of them, at very least, are never going to hold a position in sporting administration again or, at worst, they are going to jail for fraud.

Go Storm. See you at the next home game.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
lol.

For some perpective, I have followed a team for 30 odd years, never had a premiership to have taken.

Stay strong, admins in general screw heaps.

Do not let them win.

It is a game for the people, admins simply do what they do, f**k things up.

What bought me back here is that since Thursday evening since I made a decision and publically showed my disgust at the club by throwing away my gear (yes, that was me in the Telecrap) is this; save for being at a friend's engagement on Saturday night for a few hours in the last few days I have never felt so empty. I even quit as a referee in the VRL and after a few days I'm starting to think I was too rash in my reaction to this whole thing.

I want to continue to support Storm. The team and the game of rugby league has given me so much joy over many, many years and the realisation that I gave that away with one rash gesture, no matter how public, is something I regret now. I think about the time I spent refereeing last season and how much of a joy it was to run around with thie kids.

I may be many things, but I am big enough to admit when I have made a mistake. And I've made one in this case.

I'm still proud of the players for what they achieved and there is nothing more I have wanted to do more than spit in the faces of Brian Waldron (the real villain in this) and Matt Hanson and anyone else who knowingly carried on with these deceptive practices. The only comfort I can see from this whole thing is that both of them, at very least, are never going to hold a position in sporting administration again or, at worst, they are going to jail for fraud.

Go Storm. See you at the next home game.

Good luck mate.
I will tell you what. I bet half of the people who have shown 'disgust' in you are half the devoted Rugby League and Melbourne Storm fan you are.