What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

final eight sorted already

isaiah

Bench
IMO, the top 8 now will finish the season that way. last weekend sorted out the sheep from the goats. 7 of the winners are now in the top 8. the other winner,cronulla, could only put 5 tries on the team with the second worst defence.
3 interesting match-upos this weekend- warriors should win at home tomorrow, then the 2 two sunday games should be rippers.
at the other end of the spectrum, the bottom 4 play each other in 'who cares' games. parra- dogs game tonight had 30 errors!

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
IMO, the top 8 now will finish the season that way. last weekend sorted out the sheep from the goats. 7 of the winners are now in the top 8. the other winner,cronulla, could only put 5 tries on the team with the second worst defence.
3 interesting match-upos this weekend- warriors should win at home tomorrow, then the 2 two sunday games should be rippers.
at the other end of the spectrum, the bottom 4 play each other in 'who cares' games. parra- dogs game tonight had 30 errors!

What's wrong with the Gold Coast this year? I expected them to be a force.

roopy

Referee
The nature of juniors is that some sides and some players improve dramaticly over a season.
The team coming last still has a shot if their coach picked up a bunch of very raw kids who will improve out of sight over the season.
It's juniors.
Funny things happen.

isaiah

Bench
i was a bit surprised that dragons beat manly yesterday. don't know if that means dragons are better than i thought or manly are worse?

Saint Jack

Juniors
You can't tell with these guys. The step up (down ?) from the NRL is so big. The defence is almost non-existent at times.

I love watching them - just to see the new guys emerging, but I don't think the 8 is that settled - with 15 or more games (30 points) to go.

:cool:

Noa

First Grade
I think you'll see the Storm really start to improve now that Maipele Morseu has taken over the #1 spot. We have really been lacking in creativity with Wiliame not capable of being a ball-playing FB and lacking thrust from the back, 'Pele will change all that. Hampton has been good but Meads hasnt shown to be creative enough to carry the load adn i think he, more then anybody, will benefit from Morseu' inclusion

Noa

First Grade
Another young gun from the Storms Sg Ball team will debut this week in Mahe Fonua, actually some interesting and timely changes all-round which will make the Bolts much effective imo.

1. Maipele Morseu
2. Eddie Faamausili
3. Brayden Wiliame
4. Slade Griffin
5. Robbie Kurth
6. Ben Hampton
7. Josh Jerome
8. Mitchell Johson
9. Jake Hawkins
10. Jorden Mclean
11. Sam Martin
12. Tohu Harris
13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Lucan Grech
15.Kirisome Avuaa
16. Mahe Fonua
17 Jerome Wilson

I think Griffin will move to his rightful spot of 13 as well with Avuaa starting in the centers.

footy1

Juniors
I'd like to see the Storm field the following line-up, which is IMO their best side.

1. Maipele Morseau
2. Justin O'Neill
3. Pita Maile
4. Slade Griffin
5. Brayden Williame
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Jordan Meads
8. Rulon Nutira
9. James Woolford
10. Mitchell Johnson
11. Robbie Rochow (c)
12. Tohu Harris
13. Blake Leary

14. Jake Hawkins
15. Theodore Stuart
16. Sam Martin
17. Jordan McLean

That is a very good side IMO. The forward pack has plenty of grunt and the backline is a big one with plenty of speed and power, especially in centres Pita Maile and Slade Griffin. The bench provides exactly what is needed - IMPACT.

Noa

First Grade
Meads has left to play Union apparently. The Storm have probably told him he's not good enough, which is true from what Ive seen

Last edited:

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
i was a bit surprised that dragons beat manly yesterday. don't know if that means dragons are better than i thought or manly are worse?
Not a big surprise, really.

Dragons and Sea Eagles were the two best teams last season (both crashed in the Finals), and the only reason that St George have started slowly this season is because they have had 12 or so of their First 17 out injured to start the year.

We are slowly getting players back, and the results are coming now .. I think since Beau Henry has been back in the U20s from Shellharbour, we have won 4 of 5 matches or thereabouts.

By the end of the season, I would expect to see Canberra and St George both push up into the top 8, probably at the expense of the Roosters and the Sharks.

isaiah

Bench
Not a big surprise, really.

Dragons and Sea Eagles were the two best teams last season (both crashed in the Finals), and the only reason that St George have started slowly this season is because they have had 12 or so of their First 17 out injured to start the year.

We are slowly getting players back, and the results are coming now .. I think since Beau Henry has been back in the U20s from Shellharbour, we have won 4 of 5 matches or thereabouts.

By the end of the season, I would expect to see Canberra and St George both push up into the top 8, probably at the expense of the Roosters and the Sharks.

they were 3 and 3, so lost 2 before their last start win.
st george and melbourne were both 19 and 5 last regular season, you just finished 2nd on for and against. 12 missing injured? maybe 6 or 7.

isaiah

Bench

bulldogs win their 2nd game of the season v dragons supposedly on the rise, maybe last week manly weren't as good as i thought

Doga

Juniors
bulldogs win their 2nd game of the season v dragons supposedly on the rise, maybe last week manly weren't as good as i thought

The Bulldogs are a much better team now than what they were 3 weeks back.

Reason being: Nathan Massey at fullback.

The team dynamics has suddenly changed. Nehne (Spelling?) who did well at fb moves to the centres.

Dogs will make the 8

roopy

Referee
Knights have won their last two easily.
Roosters were running 6th and Knights beat them 34-4, and quite frankly that scoreline flattered the Roosters - 50-0 would have looked about right.
All the players brought in from other clubs have been sacked and replaced by kids from the local comp, and the Knights are a much better side for it.

patzz_

Juniors
they were 3 and 3, so lost 2 before their last start win.
st george and melbourne were both 19 and 5 last regular season, you just finished 2nd on for and against. 12 missing injured? maybe 6 or 7.

Nah st george TC had 12 injured from their squad, had a horrible run this yr

isaiah

Bench
The Bulldogs are a much better team now than what they were 3 weeks back.

Reason being: Nathan Massey at fullback.

The team dynamics has suddenly changed. Nehne (Spelling?) who did well at fb moves to the centres.

Dogs will make the 8

they will certainly not make the 8. they would need a run like the broncs last season after a slow start. they do not have the talent of broncs '09, IMO