What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Thats right. Some people just dont grasp the concept that empty stadiums are a terrible look.
Sometimes you see it at GAA games but the NRL is a pro sport.
Empty stadiums doesn't sell the sport of Rugby League well be it 12000 at the Gold Coast or 5000 at Wakefield.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pretty funny reactions.

In three weeks when the joint has 19,000 in it you'll all be rather silent I imagine...

Chook Norris

First Grade
Pretty funny reactions.

In three weeks when the joint has 19,000 in it you'll all be rather silent I imagine...

why do we have to wait for 3 quarters of the season to go by and see a great crowd at CC? why not already?

what if it the crowd isn't above 16k for that game? hmm Timmmah? hmm?

DC_fan

Coach
Pretty funny reactions.

What makes you think the Sea Eagles against the Tigers will pack out Bluetongue?

Listed below are the crowds for games played at Bluetongue in the past two seasons

Sea Eagles v Knights 12,138
Rabbitohs v Knights 16,098
Roosters v Knights 10,018
Sharks v Bulldogs 9,826

Rabbitohs v Knights 15,227
Bulldogs v Storm 10,923
Roosters v Titans 6,232

Not one game in the past two seasons has drawn a full house at Bluetongue and you are expecting a full house for Manly (whose fans don't travel) and Wests.

Timmah

Staff member
What makes you think the Sea Eagles against the Tigers will pack out Bluetongue?

Listed below are the crowds for games played at Bluetongue in the past two seasons

Sharks v Bulldogs 9,826

Bulldogs v Storm 10,923
Roosters v Titans 6,232

Not one game in the past two seasons has drawn a full house at Bluetongue and you are expecting a full house for Manly (whose fans don't travel) and Wests.

Your attempt at using statistics is quite funny.

Why we're expecting full houses on the Coast over five games+ per season when Perth can't crack 15 for one game is a little perplexing.

Let me correct your statistics, as you don't seem to have properly done your research:

Sharks v Bulldogs 9,826
Tigers/Sharks & Roosters/Eels 18,550

Roosters v Storm 8,412
Bulldogs v Storm 10,923
Roosters v Titans 6,232
Sea Eagles v Knights 15,857

Some pretty solid crowds in there - for a region that's continually having a carrot dangled in front of them, having a number of 15k+ crowds in there is a job well done IMO. It's not ideal, I'll concede that - but I see above you're trumpeting Perth who only managed 13,164 last week.

Your assessment of the Manly/Tigers predicted crowd is a clear demonstration of anti-CC bias - simple facts make it quite obvious:

- Manly fans don't need to travel, there's plenty on the CC and the crowds vs Newcastle over the past two years are evidence of that.
- Tigers are also very popular up here, a couple of years back there was 19k here for a Saturday night game vs Melbourne... not to mention they dominated the crowd at February's double header which brought in just short of 19k.
- It's Sunday afternoon, 3pm. Traditionally at Gosford the Sunday arvo games always draw more people out with the temps warmer.

Timmah

Staff member
Let me also say that without a team, the average crowd on the Coast in 2010 of 12,026 is still higher than the Sharks at Toyota (before last nights game, being fair to the Sharkies).

smithie

Juniors
Your attempt at using statistics is quite funny.

Why we're expecting full houses on the Coast over five games+ per season when Perth can't crack 15 for one game is a little perplexing.

Actually, its quite funny trying to compare crowd figures in a rugby league heartland as oppose to an area with zero RL exposure.

Timmah

Staff member
Actually, its quite funny trying to compare crowd figures in a rugby league heartland as oppose to an area with zero RL exposure.
Rugby League heartland that doesn't have a team... yet the national soccer comp has a team here?

Are we serious?

Timmah

Staff member
The other fact people might have missed is last nights game was 13th playing 14th on a cold Saturday night in early July...

Rovelli

Bench
^ It was Christchurch's first NRL game for over four years. Most of these tickets were also pre-sold.

Though I will concede that Aucklanders know how to jump on the bandwagon when the team is going well, and jump off it when they are not. I can guarantee you that if the Warriors are playing for a spot in the top-8 or similar, they will get a bumper crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.