What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Eels stars Mick Cronin, Bob O'Reilly and Peter Wynn consider rebel ticket

strider

Post Whore
so much effort to put in so many capitals .... it makes up for ppl like me who don't even start sentences with capitals in my forum posts :lol:

Tony Bongo

Bench
TBH, i think its a bit of a myth you need all this business experience to be on the board of the leagues club. It helps, sure, but its more important you employ the right people to run it day to day

I agree with you Fish Eel.
I prefer to have all board members qualified in honesty, integrity and accountability that also know the meaning to the word confidentiality. From there I would like to see a balance of members with good business pedigree, experience as former players, long serving workers of the club and those who put the interests of the supporters first. I believe a board should be about creating balance so that all the parties are represented as equally and as fairly as possible.

CrazyEel

Bench
I agree with you Fish Eel.
I prefer to have all board members qualified in honesty, integrity and accountability that also know the meaning to the word confidentiality. From there I would like to see a balance of members with good business pedigree, experience as former players, long serving workers of the club and those who put the interests of the supporters first. I believe a board should be about creating balance so that all the parties are represented as equally and as fairly as possible.
That might work on the footy club board if they ever hand over control of the NRL team but I don't think thats a balance for LC board at all.

The Leagues Club Board does NOT represent footy supporters as you seem to think, it represents and is accountable ONLY to the 50,000 leagues club members and while some of them are also footy supporters the majority of them are not, they are gamblers.

So if you want balance on the LC board you would have to have someone who put the interests of the majority of the club members first and that may not be football.

Tony Bongo

Bench
That might work on the footy club board if they ever hand over control of the NRL team but I don't think thats a balance for LC board at all.

The Leagues Club Board does NOT represent footy supporters as you seem to think, it represents and is accountable ONLY to the 50,000 leagues club members and while some of them are also footy supporters the majority of them are not, they are gamblers.

So if you want balance on the LC board you would have to have someone who put the interests of the majority of the club members first and that may not be football.

I take your point but I thought it was only a matter of time before the control of the NRL team was handed back to the Football club anyway. Didn't someone promise to do that not so long ago.
The point you raise just goes to show how crazy it is Crazy Eel to have our club under the control of a board where the gamblers have more right to a say than us the supporters. We have somehow lost the essence of why that poker den ever came into existence in the first place.

CrazyEel

Bench
I take your point but I thought it was only a matter of time before the control of the NRL team was handed back to the Football club anyway. Didn't someone promise to do that not so long ago.
The point you raise just goes to show how crazy it is Crazy Eel to have our club under the control of a board where the gamblers have more right to a say than us the supporters. We have somehow lost the essence of why that poker den ever came into existence in the first place.
Don't disagree with you Tony but Fitzy had it set up that way back in 96ish and it has always been a sore point with me since then.

However while they did promise to return the nRL team to the FC doing so would only reinforce my original point that the LC board is for the 50K LC members and the Football Club board would be the more appropriate for the balance you are proposing.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Don't disagree with you Tony but Fitzy had it set up that way back in 96ish and it has always been a sore point with me since then.

However while they did promise to return the nRL team to the FC doing so would only reinforce my original point that the LC board is for the 50K LC members and the Football Club board would be the more appropriate for the balance you are proposing.

I do agree with you there but I still see a need for balance since it is still called the Parramatta LEAGUES Club. The club is a vehicle and not the destination. I do take your point that the 50k members also need representation on that board to be fair.

Oh dear, then you must also remember the crazy old man ranting on as well :oops:

There were plenty on both sides.

Back then it was the board vs the NPT.

I also seem to remember that Tony Zappia nominated for the board and withdrew at the start of the meeting before the voting happened because he was placed on the NPT's how to vote card without his consent.

I also have a memory of John Chidiac giving out how to vote cards for the NPT, and telling people to write their votes in pen as Fitzy could rub them out and change them if they were in Pencil.

ParraAds

Juniors

I also seem to remember that Tony Zappia nominated for the board and withdrew at the start of the meeting before the voting happened because he was placed on the NPT's how to vote card without his consent.

I also have a memory of John Chidiac giving out how to vote cards for the NPT, and telling people to write their votes in pen as Fitzy could rub them out and change them if they were in Pencil.

Haha

That's untill Fitzy started handing out free meal vouchers to the Chinese :lol: along with how to vote cards :lol: On ya Fitzy!!!

eels81236

Bench
That's good to hear Col.
I suppose people will vote for the best candidates possible - well that's what I'd like to think will happen. I certainly will be, regardless of what allegiances they may have.

Suity

Sounds good to me. I think we have a plan.

born an eel

Bench
That's good to hear Col.
I suppose people will vote for the best candidates possible - well that's what I'd like to think will happen. I certainly will be, regardless of what allegiances they may have.

Suity
it is just going to be hard to find out what the candidates stand for, we all know you cant trust what is written in the media

If I ever run for the Board you'll know exactly what I stand for:

Beards.

Beards, beards and more beards.

Galbraith.

Stu Galbraith.

GODbraith.

Suitman

Post Whore
If memory recalls, people on here that proposed voting for the best candidates (rather than giving all their votes to the one "ticket") were chastised last time? Good to see that the approach of voting the best candidates (from one ticket or another) is already being positively voiced here this time....

Again, hopefully people on here will see through the "vote the whole ticket" garbage fiercely propagated by Sevens and others last time....

Last time, it was a voice for change.
Now that we've had change, the best thing is to get the correct balance of people. We have some good people on both current boards. If we can improve that, wouldn't it be for the best?

Suity

Latest posts