What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9: Willie Tonga could move to Parramatta

Gronk

Staff member
He will ask for a release to Parra for compassionate grounds so he can move to Sydney - and then sign for the Broncos.

boxhead

First Grade
We are currently 7th favourites for the title on TAB Sportsbet, and it is my understanding that if we sign Tonga or another big-name player, we would firm right up.

strider

Post Whore
from what i have heard from a source in the tonga family is he is almost certain to sign with the broncos if he gets a release. he wants to stay in qld but he still has a soft spot for the eels.

yeah it seems kinda obvious .... inglis bails from broncos, suddenly tonga is likely for a release, but we'll say parra are in the picture to make sure willie gets plenty of that inglis left over cash

Joely01

Bench
i had a shower with willie tonga, i looked down and his was longer. sorry had to be said.

Joely01

Bench
But in seriousness i think tonga would be a good buy, but wont complain if we do or dont get him.
Hayne
Burt
Tahu
Tonga
Grother

or

Hayne
Burt
Tahu
Reddy
Grothe.

bartman

Immortal
Hayne
Burt
Tonga/Tahu
Reddy
Tahu/Grothe

(as Grothe and Tahu were very late retentions, so I figure they aren't too high up in coach's plans?)

Bigfella

Coach
Ahhh ... not sure if you noticed, but the coach was appointed quite late himself?

Hayne
Reddy
Tahu
Tonga
Grothe

would be very handy.

Talanexor

Juniors
LOL he's no chance of going to the Eels, he's just put up with two years of playing with complete geniuss like Webb and Manuokafoa - why would he want to play with them again.

And I don't want to sound harsh, but the Eels have to be odds on to win the spoon in 2011 - you've got backwards as far as recruitment is concerned.

No decent halves, plus bad boys, over-the hill hacks and other clubs' rejects make up your roster. Not surprised no quality players want to sign with you.

Hell, the way things are going, I bet Hayne would be more likely to seek a release to join the Cowboys!

barney gumble

Juniors
LOL he's no chance of going to the Eels, he's just put up with two years of playing with complete geniuss like Webb and Manuokafoa - why would he want to play with them again.

And I don't want to sound harsh, but the Eels have to be odds on to win the spoon in 2011 - you've got backwards as far as recruitment is concerned.

No decent halves, plus bad boys, over-the hill hacks and other clubs' rejects make up your roster. Not surprised no quality players want to sign with you.

Hell, the way things are going, I bet Hayne would be more likely to seek a release to join the Cowboys!

Pot calling kettle, come in kettle!!!

So it is true then, for every 10 km you travel north of Sydney you lose an IQ point, your statement supports this in spades!

Sparky 74

Juniors
I would nab Tonga if he was keen, after all, who says Tahu can't play on the wing?

Hayne
Burt/Tahu
Reddy
Tonga
Grothe

It would mean we have several options for the backline, which can only be a good thing.

or

1. Hayne
2. Burt/Walker
3. Tonga
4. Tahu
5. Grothe/Atkins
6. Reddy
7. Morts

Freak2

Juniors
From my sources this is a DONE DEAL!!

Watch this space, well at least till next Wednesday!! :)