What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta v Cheating Scum(Storm) 2010

Mickyd39

Juniors
I have this game stored on my IQ.

I like to watch it every now again and think what our season could have been.

This game is one of the few highlights of the 2010 season.

Apart from the first 10-15 mins we were on fire.

I just loved watching Hayne own that grub Slater.

What a night, even though the crowd was small, the atmosphere was great.

I remember walking out after that game thinking we are back, alas, not to be.

There is no real reason for this thread, i just wish the 2011 season would hurry up and get here.

I'm optimistic about 2011. A lot of people have already written us off for next season but i think we will surprise a few people including our own supporters.

Merry Christmas to all Parra fans.

Go PARRA.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That game was our grand final. As a club we really seemed to put the cue in the rack after that one.

It was also the last live game I ever went to. I'm moving to Melbourne in a couple of weeks so next live game will be down there in early April.

mrpwnd

Bench
That was all the boys performing at 100%.
I don't know if everyone in the team can ever do that consistently, everyone knows what we're capable of when we fire, but it's so rare.

Joely01

Bench
"billy's a w***er"

what a game to be at, i was so glad i went and didnt let the whether change my mind

Gordy

Juniors
Being from the country I don't get to as many games as I would like, this just happened to be the game I went to with my brothers. If I never see another game I'll be happy seeing this one. An absolute cracker and a brilliant crowd atmosphere wise.

The weather before the game couldn't even take away what was an absolute ball tearer of a night.

Freak2

Juniors
Will never forget the crowd in the KT stand running in from both North and South ends on each to have a dig at Slater as he got his 10 in the bin!!

What a FKN GRUB!

Parra Pride

Coach
I too have that game recorded on my IQ box, when I watch it I can't help but wonder, 'what if we played like that in the Grand Final?'

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Being from the country I don't get to as many games as I would like, this just happened to be the game I went to with my brothers. If I never see another game I'll be happy seeing this one. An absolute cracker and a brilliant crowd atmosphere wise.

The weather before the game couldn't even take away what was an absolute ball tearer of a night.
Similar to me.

I moved to Perth a couple of years ago so thought I'd seen my last game for a long time. The GF bought me plane tickets and tickets to the Storm game as a birthday present. So I ended up going to the game with my brother, he is a Storm fan.

We drove down from Newcastle on the night and the weather was atrocious, but I had come a long way and wasn't going to miss it.

The crowd was disappointing, even with the weather. The game though was great, and to get some payback on the cheating scum was even better.

Splitting with the GF now though, so I will be moving back to Newcastle in a few weeks and will be able to get to my usual 4-5 games a year.:D
Will be able to watch Friday night games live again instead of waiting for the replay on Fox as well.

Tony Bongo

Bench
To sign Champion for 3 years after we knocked him back because of his asking price, surely those cheating scum are up to their old tricks. Either that or it's Crowe with the brown paper bags these days.

Mickyd39

Juniors
To sign Champion for 3 years after we knocked him back because of his asking price, surely those cheating scum are up to their old tricks. Either that or it's Crowe with the brown paper bags these days.

I think Souths are becoming the new scum.

caylo

Bench
Melbourne have lost players like White, Tolman, Hoffman, Lima and Inglis. Now if you consider that the Cap has increased and third party payments have also increased they have shed alot of players and lost alot of depth.

If you believe what is in the papers: Souths had Inglis in their cap as 190K but had to include him as 300K after review. Champion was on 300K and it was stated that Souths may have contributed to his payment, so Melbourne may have only paid 200K for him and Souths include the rest in there cap (100K) which isnt a bad buy considering Inglis only counts to 300K where as he was on 600K at the Storm.

A good result for league IMO, Inglis will be a very big draw card for souths and anything that increases crowds and TV viewing will help all NSW teams. Even thou the guy is a fat fu*k and I woudnt want him here for the $$ he commands, getting him to sydney is a positive move.

I give Inglis a year before he quits - either going back to Melbourne (because he is homesick) or some other club, particulary when Souths don't make the finals.

Back to the topic, best game I have ever been too. We were in Bay 43 and gave it to Slater deluxe. Thier training staff were the biggest bunch of imposters - Jeff Lima was good, had a great sense of humour, certainly not a grub like the rest of them h was sitting next to (thier 'water boy' was the worst).

Every player turned up that night and really gave everything for the jumper - if they only had that passin on a more regular basis.

And the other highlight - that game just really exposed Slater for the grub he has always been.

Last edited:

Latest posts