What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the best junior player you have seen ?

lingard

Coach
Feliti Mateo is the best Parra junior I can recall.

I remember going to the World Sevens one year and watching Mateo play in an exhibition match for his school Terrasencta College. OH MY GOD!!!

I contacted our clubs junior development officer at the time and asked him which club this kid was linked too.

My joy when told he was an Eel was on show for the entire SFS!!!

However IMO the best junior of all time was a fellow by the name of Owen Craegie!![/QUOTE]

Never saw Craigie play juniors, but when he was with Souths (playing five-eight) I saw him do things I`ve never seen anyone do. He was so talented. I wonder why he never made it to the highest echelons of the game?

murraymob

Coach
to me Brad fittler was miles ahead of any junior i have seen.He played in penrith first ever first grade final at 17 because he was just to good to keep in the juniors

stuke

Bench
Feliti Mateo is the best Parra junior I can recall.

I remember going to the World Sevens one year and watching Mateo play in an exhibition match for his school Terrasencta College. OH MY GOD!!!

I contacted our clubs junior development officer at the time and asked him which club this kid was linked too.

My joy when told he was an Eel was on show for the entire SFS!!!

However IMO the best junior of all time was a fellow by the name of Owen Craegie!![/QUOTE]

Never saw Craigie play juniors, but when he was with Souths (playing five-eight) I saw him do things I`ve never seen anyone do. He was so talented. I wonder why he never made it to the highest echelons of the game?

Craigie was an absolute freak, especially in the juniors. should have achieved so much more but he lacked the dedication to take himself to the next level. part of the problem of being so good at such a young age is developing the inner drive to improve when it gets tougher.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Ill throw a name out there, he never really kicked on, but Masada Iosefa for Penrith a few years ago was absolutley awesome. A hooker and was like a mixture of Farah and Cameron Smith.

Without a doubt i think Willie Tonga was one of the best juniors i have seen play.

I remember talking to my dad and saying he was going to play for Australia back in the jersey flegg days.

I also remember watching Nathan Cayless on channel 9 when they used to cover the equivalent of the Arrive Alive Cup he was awesome.

jk13

First Grade
walter lewis and gene miles. though hayne, johns & freddie have come close so far.

murraymob

Coach
as a kid craig trindall had the lot but never got to first grade till he was 28.The talent was always there

Bazal

Post Whore
Joe Delana! Now there's a blast from the past. Amazingly talented...I think he's running around in Bundy Cup now, maybe for the Brothers?

parra pete

Referee
Solo Alone is not a team player.

:lol: Actually, he is a very good player..he has switched from Panthers to Bulldogs this year and will get to show his full potential. Only just 18..I expect him to fire with his new team.

Latest posts