What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Statement on behalf of Rugby League in the United States

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Lets hope BOTH leagues are recognized for a combined test team and perhaps the two conference champions can meet in a superbowl type grand final.

roughyedspud

Coach
in a ideal world there would be 2 leagues (east & west conferences) in the states with play offs and super bowl-esq grand final...

you could also have a east v west origin type series

unfortunately i dont think the USARL and AMNRL will get along so a super bowl wouldnt work and as long as D Niu is in control of the national team we will never see the USARL players selected for the Tomahawks. The team should be sticking together so they can get used to each other for big matches it is likely the USA will still be an AMNRL select side for the Colonial Cup!!:x by the time November comes It will be Jamaica or South Africa who qualify and no it is not David Niu to be blamed it is the Star Group!:x

roopy

Referee
unfortunately i dont think the USARL and AMNRL will get along so a super bowl wouldnt work and as long as D Niu is in control of the national team we will never see the USARL players selected for the Tomahawks. The team should be sticking together so they can get used to each other for big matches it is likely the USA will still be an AMNRL select side for the Colonial Cup!!:x by the time November comes It will be Jamaica or South Africa who qualify and no it is not David Niu to be blamed it is the Star Group!:x
They will get together and make it work because they have to either get together and make it work or piss 15 years of work by all of them down the drain.
They probably won't be on each others christmas card list for a while, but they will work together for the common good.

docbrown

Coach
They will get together and make it work because they have to either get together and make it work or piss 15 years of work by all of them down the drain.
They probably won't be on each others christmas card list for a while, but they will work together for the common good.

That seems to be where it's all headed. We might see two seperate comps that somehow overlap in the end.

It's probably good for the game overall to have that - it means there are two groups out there promoting the game.

Choo Choo

Juniors
Well, regardless of the eventual outcome, the Slayers are glad to see this happen. We have full faith in Peter regarding the negotiations.

I'm challenging the forums to get behind this effort. The betterment of the game is the final objective.

Evil Homer

Staff member
The statement says that programmes will be open to all athletes and management while the negotiations are taking place, which suggests this will not be the cae.

deluded pom?

Coach
Well, regardless of the eventual outcome, the Slayers are glad to see this happen. We have full faith in Peter regarding the negotiations.

I'm challenging the forums to get behind this effort. The betterment of the game is the final objective.

I'm sure the forums are right behind this Choo Choo. It's the game that matters not the egos.

RhinoCats

Juniors
I would like to hear more about the outcomes of this meeting. If there is not a resolution before the WCQ games I believe it is up to the AMNRL players to boycott the Tomahawks.

clarency

Juniors
Am I too paranoid to question the validity of said articles and wait for an announcement for USARL?

Latest posts