What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters to notch 2000th game on Sunday

fowlster

Juniors
Roosters to notch 2000th game on Sunday

The Sydney Roosters will become the first top flight Australian rugby league club to notch 2000 first grade games on Sunday.
The club will reach the milestone in Sunday afternoon's clash with Canterbury at ANZ Stadium.
The Roosters entered the competition in its foundation year of 1908 as Eastern Suburbs and are the only club to have played every year since.
"The Sydney Roosters have been based in the same region with the same colours for over 100 years and we are thrilled to celebrate 2000 games this weekend," Roosters chairman Nick Politis said in a club statement.
"It is the great characters of rugby league that have worked with the Sydney Roosters since 1908 that have kept the club ticking.
"They should all feel proud when we run out on March 27."
The club will mark the occasion by wearing special jerseys featuring the name of every Roosters player to have represented his country.
The Roosters have produced the most wins in top flight Australian rugby league, 1,047, the most Australian representatives (75) and most Test captains (8).

http://www.nrl.com/roosters-notch-2000-games/tabid/10874/newsid/61905/default.aspx

I'll be making the trip up from Canberra for this one. Will they be selling these jerseys ?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Awesome.

Can't wait to buy one. Sounds like a real keeper worth passing onto the grandchildren one day...

Highway1

Juniors
Congratulations Roosters on your 2000th game. Established in 1908 and still going strong. :D

From a Broncos fan.

Von

Juniors
2000 games is great news!

It really is a blight on our game the Roosters are the only club to have competed in every season.

boo_boo

Juniors
I too would like to congratulate the Roosters for reaching this milestone but it must be stated that they have reached it only because of the pathetic decision to kick South Sydney out in 1999 for 2 years.
That decision was a disgrace to the game of Rugby League & it doesn't say much for other clubs when they take advantage of this and claim it as some sort of victory.

Rooster Legend

Juniors
LOL boo boo even if souffs did play in '00 and '01 theyd still be more then 20 games less then us roosters... goes to show how many more times the roosters have played in finals then souffs. they were that sh*t they had to be kicked out

boo_boo

Juniors
You two dickheads really lower the standard for other decent Roosters supporters.
Both Souths & Easts deserve to be respected for being the only two foundation clubs left in the game but any sense of respect goes out the door when rival club supporters carry on like this.
You both are a disgrace to our great game.

Monk

Referee
I'm glad souffs got re-instated, generally, it gives up 2 automatic winz, and saves another team from having to get the spoon. *one year was the crazy exception*

You two dickheads really lower the standard for other decent Roosters supporters.
Both Souths & Easts deserve to be respected for being the only two foundation clubs left in the game but any sense of respect goes out the door when rival club supporters carry on like this.
You both are a disgrace to our great game.

Go away

You cant count dopey.
Many good people marched in support of Souths being readmitted to the NRL so follow your own advice.

You can read dopey.
This thread is about the Rooster 2000th game so if you want to piss and moan about Souffs being kicked out then f**k off back to the Vermin forum.

Last edited:

boo_boo

Juniors
pretty sure you had a go at us first w/o even backing it up with facts.
run along now back to ur burrow :)

Roosters Legend, no club in the game should be looking at gaining from another clubs exclusion especially under those circumstances.
I respect Easts / Sydney Roosters as a foundation club & i hope that the rivalry between Souths & Easts continues but what your stating is out of line.
It just harks back to the days when Easts tried to buy everything & never even contemplated putting anything back into the grass roots of the game.

Rooster Legend

Juniors
Roosters Legend, no club in the game should be looking at gaining from another clubs exclusion especially under those circumstances.
I respect Easts / Sydney Roosters as a foundation club & i hope that the rivalry between Souths & Easts continues but what your stating is out of line.

Sounds to me like you're really bitter. We haven't "gained" anything from another club's exclusion and as I explained before, we would have reached the 2000 first regardless of your exclusion.

I think what your stating is out of line, as we had nothing to do with souffs exclusion and we are simply celebrating our own club's milestone. You guys will get your chance in a couple of years so stop piss-talking on our momentous achievement! Yeh?

Latest posts