What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 QLD Team

Big Pete

Referee
Martin Kennedy - One of the form props in the game and he's coming up with a lot of Origin esque plays. I'm a fan of the guy and I've never really been won over by Shillo but I'll concede his selection is a mere pipe dream and unless injuries strike he won't get a look in.

On Lockyer - In comparison to Thurston and Cronk it's been ordinary. However you're right, Lockyer has turned it on in the past two weeks and hopefully he'll continue to improve come the ANZAC Test match.

johns_reds

First Grade
Martin who.....? Err, that's a NO to Kennedy at this stage.

Barba, yes as 18th man. Valuable experience to train with the squad. No to a starting spot ahead of Cronk.

I think the backline BigPete is spot on. Yow Yeh being the biggest worry. Let's give him the gig and see how he goes.

To the forwards and the bench........a couple of changes for mine

8. Mat Scott
9. Cam Smith
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Nate Myles
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Cooper Cronk
15. Ben Hannant
16. Dave Taylor
17. Ash Harrison

18. Ben Barba

For me the question is, who between Shillington and Scott gets the nod? We don't need 4 front rowers.....Thaiday is in the team as well.

I think Dave Taylor will fire big time this year. He will exercise all his frustrations with playing in a shit team like the Bunnies out on the blues

btw......thought you were a little harsh in describing Lockyer's form as "very ordinary" this year. Whilst yes.......he hasn't been busting sides wide open, I thought at worst it could be described as sound form. I didn't watch all the game against the Roosters......from what I did see, he played an pivotal role in steering the side home.

only 3 props? no way!!! - Taylor is not a prop, too soft.

From your team i'd drop taylor and bring in shillo to bench.

Whoosh

Juniors
Queensland Maroons 1. Billy Slater (Storm) 2. Darius Boyd (Dragons) 3. Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs) 4. Justin Hodges (Broncos) 5. Willie Tonga (Cowboys) 6. Darren Lockyer (Broncos) 7. Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys) 8. Petero Civoniceva (Panthers) 9. Cameron Smith (Storm) 10. Matthew Scott (Cowboys) 11. Sam Thaiday (Broncos) 12. Dave Taylor (Rabbitohs) 13. Ashley Harrison (Titans) 14. Cooper Cronk (Storm) 15. David Shillington (Raiders) 16. Martin Kennedy (Roosters) 17. Nate Myles (Roosters)

chrisD

Coach
i can't see them picking taylor: johnson, harrison, and myles in the starting side, thaiday off the bench

I don't know who they'll pick, but I don't think Taylor should get a look in ahead of those four and Crocker.

The only real question QLD should have is who is on the other wing, and even that should be pretty straight forward, Tonga.

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
only 3 props? no way!!! - Taylor is not a prop, too soft.

From your team i'd drop taylor and bring in shillo to bench.

Thaiday plays prop...yes? Never said anything about Taylor playing prop

Don't need 2 props sitting on the bench...IMO

andrew057

First Grade
Ive been quite impressed with Crocker since his return, if he put together some consecutive games before game 1, id much rather him in the team than Taylor.

Big Pete

Referee
I thought I was alone in seeing something in Crocker.

With that said, after his last stint with Qld I don't think he's up for it. He can mozey on off for Souths and preserve his glory years. For mine, he was the best forward in Origin 2005.

The Costigan role is being overstated anyways, it's really only 10 minutes. Has Costigan really done anything important at Origin level?

chrisD

Coach
I'd be happy if Taylor were to become the new QLD passenger, a replacement for Carlaw is what NSW might be missing.

Big Pete

Referee

ByRd

First Grade
Whats the expected 17 from that, also happy for Barba to get some recognition.

user_nat

Coach
Lillyman is probably the only unexpected one.

Only 1 of last years 3 18th men made the squad.

Big Pete

Referee
Something along the lines of...

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Mat Scott
9. Cam Smith
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Nate Myles
13. Ash Harrison

14. Cooper Cronk
15. Ben Hannant
16. Dave Taylor
17. David Shillington

Taylor or Hannant could make way for Johnson, who would shift either Thaiday or Myles to the bench.

Big Pete

Referee
Who knows, Meninga seems to have a huge hard on for DJ and it's not like Harrison deserves to be dropped.

It's a relative possibility.

LESStar58

Referee
Yow Yeh gets one wing IMO and I reckon Tonga will get first crack at the other even though I've never been a fan of him playing on the flank. Put Vidot in there for game 2 or 3. I'm a fan.

LESStar58

Referee
My team would go a little something like this

1. Slater
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Ingliss
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Smith