What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is excited?

Doomednow

Bench
Looks to me like the players are excited, or worried they will lose their spots. Maybe a combination of both.

Things I loved from last nights game:

Luke Walsh runs the ball and looks good doing it

Luke Lewis makes a seamless return. Plays an awesome game. Geez we miss him when he's out.

Gordon has a blinder, makes that special run where he breaks 3 tackles carrying injury. Really, really hoping his absence is short lived. He deserves to be playing every week.

Tahu is changing my opinion of him. He is becoming a useful player, especially as a finisher up their end of the field.

Great, spirited effort by the forwards. Barely gave the ponies a sniff.

Kingston shows his capability.

Not sure what was responsible, but the team was electric, confident, communicating well. Maybe it was Gus' imminent arrival, maybe it the returning leadership of Lewis, maybe it only takes a few key players to click to lift the whole team like that. I just know the Broncos definitely weren't expecting to get treatment like that.

It's been a great week.

Big Mick

Referee
Come on Mick, surely your showing a positive outlook now... something wrong if you are not.

Huh?

I'm positive. I'm freaking stoked.

I was commenting about how you were suggesting that the only thing on the Penrith forum is negative.

I was saying...Show something positive...and we'll get excited..like this...unfortunately these type of joyful moments are few and far between. Hopefully that changes.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Huh?

I'm positive. I'm freaking stoked.

I was commenting about how you were suggesting that the only thing on the Penrith forum is negative.

I was saying...Show something positive...and we'll get excited..like this...unfortunately these type of joyful moments are few and far between. Hopefully that changes.

Mick is getting excited.

murraymob

First Grade
Gould could well be the biggest signing in this clubs history.Big changes already.Now he needs to get stuck into the junior system and find out why we are not doing better

franklin2323

Immortal
Looking like it so far. I wait on coaching & recruitment annoucements before getting to excited. I have learn't with Penrith never get excited usually it's 1 step forward & 2 steps back. Here's hoping this good news in the last month will keep on going

greenfins

Juniors
Please give Jonesy the flick, mind you Gus can only implement changes if given the budget to go along with it.

And not talking salary cap here..

franklin2323

Immortal
In a couple of interview's Gould has implied he has an open cheque book. The board wants success. Good to see.

Kilkenny

Coach
Gould is an astute operator. If he gets his way, then success will follow.[]

Mick Leary retiring is a sign the club recognise there needs to be changes right accross the club, not just the head coaching position.

While we have had the nucleus of a decent roster during the reign of Matthew Elliot I can't help feeling sorry for him in respect of I don't think the Licenced Clubs financial situation and problems with our board and management ranks have conspired against him.

Gould has a lot of work to do and it isn't going to be easy. Our club sadly for one reason or another has underachieved all too often and our success rate for finals appearances is nothing short of woeful when you consider our junior nursery.

It is ironic the likes of Jennings can make a couple of line breaks in SOO and generally look dangerous while at club level in 2011 rarely sees the ball and when he does he has little or no room to move.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and maybe I will see a Panthers dynasty in my life time.