What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary Confirmed As New Panthers Coach

abpanther

Staff member
On the rumour mill this morning on The Grill Team, someone said they overheard Gould talking to someone at ANZ stadium last Friday night and he said that the job has been offered to Hasler and he has until Friday to make a decision

franklin2323

Immortal
More like give penrith fans nightmares.

Offcourse Stuart with gould would be a less frightening prospect than just stuart himself. Still having someone like gould around gives us a good oportunity to go for a younger coach that gould can mould.

Honestly though I would be amazed if stuart would work under gould given the role he has been given. Stuart being a megalomaniac would want full control I think.

Given to rubbish NSW team he picked. He might be available much sooner.

murraymob

First Grade
i think hasler may be out of our price range given that gould is being paid a fair bit.There is no doubt his aggresive style of coaching is needed to shake a few of the players up

tony.

Juniors
Hasler would be my pick, but I really do think that most people's suspicions are right and he's just using Penrith to bargain a better deal with Manly.

I'd love to be wrong though, he'd be great for the club, especially under Gould.

Sidestep

Juniors
I am a Bronco supporter and have monitored this site for several years without posting any input. I was disappointed with the way management stabbed Ivan Henjak in the back in their rush to bumble Bennett negotiations. I would like to see Henjak get a start in the NRL again, he can tick a lot of boxes you require filled;
Within budget
Work ethic, discipline and no nonsense winning attitue
Develop elite juniors both with skill and culturally
He never received the opportunity to manage his own roster only what was left over for him. With his involvement within the Broncos organisation he has overseered the recruitment and development of what will be a production line of elite local and imported juniors that the Broncos will roll out from their Elite Player Devlopment junior and senior academies. Andrew MCullough, Josh McQuire and Ben Hunt were the first wave having been in that system from the age of 14, each year a batch will continue to come through, such as Copely, Norman, Yow Yeh, Gillett etc. They have a system that will produce NRL stock for years to come at the same time promoting a culture that manufactures a Club that you want to be a part of. You only have to go as far as Petero for the reference, you already know how much he turned your Club around with the work ethic and professionalism he brought to the place.

soc123_au

Staff member
I am a Bronco supporter and have monitored this site for several years without posting any input. I was disappointed with the way management stabbed Ivan Henjak in the back in their rush to bumble Bennett negotiations. I would like to see Henjak get a start in the NRL again, he can tick a lot of boxes you require filled;
Within budget
Work ethic, discipline and no nonsense winning attitue
Develop elite juniors both with skill and culturally
He never received the opportunity to manage his own roster only what was left over for him. With his involvement within the Broncos organisation he has overseered the recruitment and development of what will be a production line of elite local and imported juniors that the Broncos will roll out from their Elite Player Devlopment junior and senior academies. Andrew MCullough, Josh McQuire and Ben Hunt were the first wave having been in that system from the age of 14, each year a batch will continue to come through, such as Copely, Norman, Yow Yeh, Gillett etc. They have a system that will produce NRL stock for years to come at the same time promoting a culture that manufactures a Club that you want to be a part of. You only have to go as far as Petero for the reference, you already know how much he turned your Club around with the work ethic and professionalism he brought to the place.

Thanks Ivan, we will pass your resume along.

In all seriousness I think Henjak had a pretty big role in what we are seeing from the Broncos this year. We could certainly do much worse.

Sidestep

Juniors
No mate I am not Ivan. Just someone aware of the injustice invovling who and how he was terminated. He did not deserve the disgraceful treatment afforded him. I believe he is a good fit for your mob and would be out to prove a point. Works even better if he only has to concentrate on coaching and Gus be the draw card and mouth piece.

Fibroman

First Grade
No mate I am not Ivan. Just someone aware of the injustice invovling who and how he was terminated. He did not deserve the disgraceful treatment afforded him. I believe he is a good fit for your mob and would be out to prove a point. Works even better if he only has to concentrate on coaching and Gus be the draw card and mouth piece.

Thanks Ivan's mum ;)

soc123_au

Staff member

Just taking the piss mate, I agree with your sentimates on how Ivan was treated. The results for Brisbane this year & the young kids coming through speak for themselves. My hope is that we get Hasler but I certainly wouldnt be slashing my wrists if Henjak got the gig.

Doomednow

Bench

I already want him here. Unfortunately it isn't us you have to convince.

Penrith P. to NSW PL, Western Tigers to play at Penrith, Cambeltown and Leichart.

Bring in South Q. Kings and C.C. Bears in 2013, Sharks to Perth, Perth Sharks it has a ring to it.

Latest posts