What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daine Laurie - status?

Once Dead

Bench
Hi guys

Anyone know what's up with Laurie? Is he still playing in the lower grades?

Maybe Gould could get someone to steer him in the right direction. I know not every raw talent makes it but the guy definitely had something to offer.

Cheers
DC

Bluebag

Juniors
he is listed this weekend for Windsor, he went to France in the off season to get match fitness and suffered a knee injury which the French club refused to have dealt with and made him play and on his return he required surgery to get it sorted out.

murraymob

First Grade
not sure if he is contracted for next year .But doubt he will get a new offer given he has rarely been near first grade and penrith are clearly looking to free money up

Kilkenny

Coach
I am afraid the signing of Dane Laurie was always going to be high risk and sadly it was not money well spent. His career in the NRL is over and I think it unlikely there will be any clubs out there who will give him another shot. CRL gig for Dane I suspect.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Throw him to Wayne Bennett at the Knights next year. I'd love to see what could be made of him. Seriously, if Bennett can turn Cuthbertson around, Laurie will be a piece of cake.

Kilkenny

Coach
Throw him to Wayne Bennett at the Knights next year. I'd love to see what could be made of him. Seriously, if Bennett can turn Cuthbertson around, Laurie will be a piece of cake.

There is no way someone as astute as Wayne Bennett would take on Dane Laurie.

Dane has been disappointing. Despite injury, he none the less hasn't done anything he still has a future at the top level.

GongPanther

Referee
Watched the replay Balmain V Wolves yesterday.

Laurie had a couple of good hit-ups but you could see that he is quite a few weeks off 1st grade.

He will get there given the chance.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah. He was good but only playing 20mins won't get him in 1st grade. Showed promise but we are 1/2 way through the season so is way behind the 8 ball.

On the game is it replayed anytime? I forgot to record it

0830: BREAKING NRL NEWS
FRENCH SMASH LAURIE'S COMEBACK
Trans-Tasman Rivalry

The strife and times of Daine Laurie have gone international, with the dreadlocked tearaway now at the centre of a registration dispute with his former French club Saint-Gaudens.

Penrith allowed Laurie to spend the off-season with the elite French outfit and he returned to the foot of the mountains earlier this year.

Entitled to ask why Laurie has not been sighted, Panthers fans will be interested to learn that Saint-Gaudens have refused to grant the 26-year-old permission to resume his NRL career, which stems from a dispute over a smashed car which French officials claim was Laurie's responsibility.

Out-of-pocket for $3000 in damages, they have declined to give him a release until the money is repaid.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
There is no way someone as astute as Wayne Bennett would take on Dane Laurie.

Dane has been disappointing. Despite injury, he none the less hasn't done anything he still has a future at the top level.

Tell that to Cuthbertson, who lost about 12 kilo's, shaved, stopped being a pussy and started to put in both at training and on the field. AND he cut out the stupid passes he used to do.

I'm not suggesting that Bennett will go out of his way to sign him, but if the Knights got him for $75k and Bennett sat him down for a long hard chat, I think he would be worth some time.

Fibroman

First Grade
Laurie is an enigma. My 78 year old mum would be a better proposition on the footy field than him. He needs to get a haircut and have a good long hard look at himself in the mirror.

Latest posts