What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

That's just so so sad. I don't know if he people can come back from an injury like that. Let's hope its not Justin Poore's doctors doing the op.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
crap, he wont even be available for the start of next season, poor kid

boxhead

First Grade
Poor kid, I wish him well, terrible, terrible news.
It leaves us in a much weaker position than we already were with the outside backs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
At least Loko's big and strong enough for the forwards if he loses too much speed from this.

I suspect he would've ended up an edge forward eventually anyway.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Whats the problem with Poore playing for Wenty? if he is fit there is no point missing the whole season. Give him abit of time in Wenty and if he doesn't make it back into FG for this year at least he has had some game time under his belt.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
but if it is a serious injury which has yaken 6 months to get right what are we gaining from him playing reserve grade when we are unlikely to make the finals. If we were finals bound yeah for sure, because we would need him. But our NRL side are not so I would prefer him to have another 6 months off so he is 200% ready for the start of next year. Just like Shackleton from last year.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
but if it is a serious injury which has yaken 6 months to get right what are we gaining from him playing reserve grade when we are unlikely to make the finals. If we were finals bound yeah for sure, because we would need him. But our NRL side are not so I would prefer him to have another 6 months off so he is 200% ready for the start of next year. Just like Shackleton from last year.

I understand what you mean. But i just think IF he is fully fit and ready to go, to let him have a stint in Wenty. If it's too risky, well, keep him on the sidelines. Im sure he would be itching to get out there. Not playing one game all year is not good for a player, i still believe Shakleton is not the player he was before his injury.

But i guess it's upto the club to decide and not us or Poore himself.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
Tonga fit for start of season

Brad Walter in Leeds

November 17, 2011

Australian centre Willie Tonga will be fit for the start of Parramatta's 2012 premiership campaign after scans cleared him of a serious pectoral muscle tear.
Tonga underwent scans in Leeds yesterday and was told that he would not require surgery.
However, the injury has ruled him out of Saturday night's Four Nations final against England.
Advertisement: Story continues below
He suffered the injury in the opening match of the tournament against New Zealand and aggravated it at training last Saturday.
Scans showed that Tonga has a small pectoral muscle tear that will require up to six weeks' rehabilitation.
He should be fit for the Eels pre-season trials against Wests Tigers on February 11 and Penrith on February 18.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...t-of-season-20111117-1nk9p.html#ixzz1dvPsCVQz