What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs Knights Discussion + Voting

user_nat

Coach
Last edited by a moderator:

user_nat

Coach
Well being the Monday game, there is plenty of time for both Hannant and Yow Yeh to prove their fitness.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Hopefully we have one of them at least. Very confident going in to this game.
Knights playin to stay in the eight however and Broncs safely in third regardless of the result that's a worry for me anyway.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah wouldn't really class this as a 'Danger Game'

I think in the end the bronx will be too composed and keep the Knitters out of the game. Really don't want copley to play again... What's happened to Yow Yeh anyhow?

I wish they would keep with Gagai. I reckon he has more potential than Copley. Hopefully next year he can break into the top 17. I don't trust Copley bringing back the ball. He looks like a younger Pomeroy.

IBA

Juniors
Ankle problem. Hopefully Copley can play at least as well as he did against Cowboys. Far from flawless but solid enough from him.

beads6

First Grade
Gagai has attitude problems therefore Copley is usually picked ahead of him... We tend to struggle in Newcastle so hopefully we can turn that around.

qld aussie

Juniors
reckon Hannat & Yow Yeh will play if fit why would u leave them out???? FFS will Hook stop wasteing Gillette as a front row interchange.:crazy::crazy: I think we need to put our strongest team on the paddock for this game.:D

Big Pete

Referee
Looks like the boys are going to have their work cut out for them for the rest of 2011. I didn't catch the game on the weekend but heard the Knights really took it to the Warriors in New Zealand. Back on home turf, against a Broncos side that hasn't 100% gotten it together yet anything can happen.

We should be too good here, but until I watch last week's game I can't make too many observations - I just hope we avenge last year's loss. That one hurt.

user_nat

Coach
They weren't that good in NZ IMO. But they do have a terrible record over there.
Warriors were terrible first half and Knights barely got in front.

busterc

Juniors
reckon Hannat & Yow Yeh will play if fit why would u leave them out???? FFS will Hook stop wasteing Gillette as a front row interchange.:crazy::crazy: I think we need to put our strongest team on the paddock for this game.:D

You do know we have an interchange system in place in rugby league these days don't you. And with the exception of a couple of players all the forwards get roughly the same minutes weather they start on the bench or not.
And Gillette seems to play his best football starting from the bench anyway.
And if Hannant and Yow Yeh are fit they will play but they arn't fit so they probably wont.

qld aussie

Juniors
You do know we have an interchange system in place in rugby league these days don't you. And with the exception of a couple of players all the forwards get roughly the same minutes weather they start on the bench or not.
And Gillette seems to play his best football starting from the bench anyway.
And if Hannant and Yow Yeh are fit they will play but they arn't fit so they probably wont.
I think you missed my point gilette aint a front rower, wether he is interchange or not doesn't matter. He is much better suited as a wide runner and yes interchange was around before u were born.

busterc

Juniors
I think you missed my point gilette aint a front rower, wether he is interchange or not doesn't matter. He is much better suited as a wide runner and yes interchange was around before u were born.

No i didnt miss your point. I was just wondering who you think should drop out of the backrow to accommodate Gillette seeing as though we have a an origin lock and two international second rowers. When Gillette does come on he still plays as a second rower no matter who he replaces. And when i was born a team could only replace two players, they had to be injured, it could only be done before the start of the second half, and they were required to play at least half a reserve grade game to qualify as replacements, and a spear tackle was a good tackle.

Mr Fourex

Bench
What do we miss by playing Thaiday in the front row.......

is there any reason he can't still run wide?

We lack another quality front rower......>insert Petro 2012<

If Thaiday doesn't shift, I really don't see how we can start Gillette.

I'm quite happy with Glenn, Parker and Thaiday as the starting back row at the moment.

Conversely I want to see Gillette playing more minutes........tough one.

Snappy

Coach
What do we miss by playing Thaiday in the front row.......

is there any reason he can't still run wide?

We lack another quality front rower......>insert Petro 2012<

If Thaiday doesn't shift, I really don't see how we can start Gillette.

I'm quite happy with Glenn, Parker and Thaiday as the starting back row at the moment.

Conversely I want to see Gillette playing more minutes........tough one.

We miss him running on the edge outside of Lockyer, because he would be positioned in the middle of the field. If he is on the field as a front rower, he couldnt run out wide cause then he'd be out of position.

That's not saying that Gillett cant do that role, but that combo with Locky- Thaiday-Hodges have been great this year, so whilst I'd also like to see Gillett running wider, I dont like moving Thaiday to the middle.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Forwards chop and change these days during games and its nothing to have a player start in 1 position and switch to another when a benchie comes on. The days of the 4 prop rotation are numbered

Sam is at his best when running wide but he is also effective in the middle for the Broncos too.

Having options is a good thing and imo it has gone a long way to the Broncos success in 2011

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah I love Thaiday as our 80 Minute Second rower -Theres obviously a few holes in the middle which someone of his expertise could fill. But with our brilliant fullback defending them and with the good ol origin style "Outside-Inside" Lockyer>Thaiday>Hoffman that play is sure to pay off for us when it counts!

Can't wait to go to our favourite fancy Sydney Bistro and sit down for some steak/import beers and watch this game on Monday!!

Mr Fourex

Bench
We miss him running on the edge outside of Lockyer, because he would be positioned in the middle of the field. If he is on the field as a front rower, he couldnt run out wide cause then he'd be out of position.

Don't know that being "out of position" is that critical anymore for a forward when we have the ball in hand. I like watching Parker take on some of the middle yards with the hit and spin he's perfected this season.

Hannant, Parker ......Glenn

Thaiday running middle or off Locky as he wants.

Prefer to see Gillett running off Locky........tbh