What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crisis rocks Parramatta club as director quits

whall15

Coach
mmmmm I have my own theories but I'm just speculating. Sounds like to me we'll let you walk with your credibility in tact

Sounds a bit like what FIFA did with Warner and Bin Hammam.

If anyone here likes football they'll know what I mean.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well you're regularly wrong with your analysis and referring to the media as one giant beast doesn't help your cause.

:?

You're kidding aren't you?
The media are out there to sell papers and get ratings, whichever form it eminates from.
They are a giant beast.
The price on carbon issue is a perfect example.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
I never criticised Fitzgerald while he was at the club. Or Brian Smith, Jason Taylor, Michael Hagan, etc. I thought they all did some good things while they were here.
They all did. But imo that doesn't mean anyone should feel put upon not to express a critical opinion about them if they see fit.

Who's trying to silence them? I enjoy calling you a slimy turd, bart. And I love pointing out when you're a whiny little bitch.

If you were silenced I would have none of those pleasures.

So don't think you're not free to piss and moan about the club. But likewise understand that others are free to piss and moan about you.
I know I'm free to pass comment PP, regardless of what you think of my internet persona. And right back at you with people being free to pass comment on your comments (not you personally). Your comments just come across with a very negative approach to people who state opinions that differ from yours (including the choice to regularly play the person and not the ball), so it does come across as an attempt to reduce discussion and differing opinions.

You don't even need to be a fan or a member to have an opinion about things. Look at the threads in the NRL forum from late 2009. Some of the people with the strongest opinions about the Eels hate the club. ;-)
My memory for internet comments from 2 years ago during our run to the grand final isn't as strong as yours, I'm afraid, so I don't understand your comment.

I don't think it makes much difference who they get, to be honest. The media will be sweating on them pulling a face while talking on the phone outside the Leagues Club.
In its current state, the rugby league media will. But I think that's largely irrelevant to most fans/members, and we see through it. For me, after some years of doubt about our processes (under both "sides"), it's more about growing the confidence that things are being done above board, in an open, accountable and communicated way.

I think whatever happens it was either a witch-hunt or a whitewash. Depending on whom you ask.
Again, the result is irrelevant imo. Like all of the names you mentioned at the top of your post, Osborne has done some good things, and some bad things while in the role. And so will any successor that might come along. But imo we should all feel empowered as fans/members to express opinions on the state of our club, rather than it be suggested that fans aren't qualified to have and express their (differing) opinions.

- - - - -

It looks like the news is in (post #912, media release), and Osborne's safe in the position? Despite Massoud's tweet :roll:, here's hoping now it's a positive year ahead behind the scenes at the club, with as little avoidable disruption as possible.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair post bart.

As for Osborne, I don't really care either way. A friend of mine met him and thought he was an arrogant prick, which seems to be a common criticism of him.

But that doesn't mean he can't do the job. I've work with a lot of arrogant pricks and most of them were good at their jobs. Other people's experience may differ.

Suitman

Post Whore
For those complaining about the heat, the southerly should arrive sometime between 9 PM and midnight, depending on where you live in the Sydney basin.

Suity

Latest posts