What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Osborne: Why I had to quit

Craig Johnston

First Grade
where's the sponsor ready to pay double pirtek? why has GD got his way when we have other options? why didn't we tell pirtek to just f**k off?

Gronk

Staff member
Josh will always get a few exclusives throughout the year

The same jurno's will continue this argument.

Duncan will have a spray, then Ozzie will hit back, then Duncan will come at him again and then Ozzie will bring up something new about Duncan, etc

I think I like the Wayne Bennett / Brian Smith approach. Never trust them, don't talk to them.

Jodeci

Bench
where's the sponsor ready to pay double pirtek? why has GD got his way when we have other options? why didn't we tell pirtek to just f**k off?

As Ozzie mentioned, Pirtek are locked away for 2012 with regards to all our print media, merchandise, money has been already allocated from them so the club just cant break that committment

MrT

Juniors
well hope we have a great 2012 on the field and get someone lese who offers more $$

Gronk

Staff member
Anyone else think pirtek have a bit too much influence over us than a major sponsor should?

In hindsight it wasn't a great decision to invite them on the board. It's not as if they are an equity partner.

Is it true that they we behind the Ando thing ?

ParraSteve

Juniors
Yeah there was a whisper that Duncan wasn't too happy with the results under anderson. Of be linning up sponsors now once pirtek deal expires

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah there was a whisper that Duncan wasn't too happy with the results under anderson. Of be linning up sponsors now once pirtek deal expires

Duncan said on the radio the other day that they were signed for 2012 + 13 and had options to renew for 14, 15 & 16.

born an eel

Bench
As Ozzie mentioned, Pirtek are locked away for 2012 with regards to all our print media, merchandise, money has been already allocated from them so the club just cant break that committment

Anyone else think pirtek have a bit too much influence over us than a major sponsor should?

definitely especially one that's not paying market value

I hope we don't renew them
Giving your major sponsor a spray is also not great PR, I expect Pirtek to pull out at the first available opportunity, they have been selective in their recent sponsorships and do not think they will want to stay on longer than the current contract.

Ozzie could of stayed on, but he used the excuse of not wanting to loose Pirtek at this stage, not that the club wanted to end the sponsorship. If anything him staying may have giving the club the upper hand in ending it.

I do not think the club will be the one's turning away a $1M sponsor, it will be Pirtek ending the deal.

parra pete

Referee
Ozzie....What a great bloke...Fell on his sword, took OPTION A....Who'd a thunk it. Wonder what Option B was!!!

The Club was filled with singing
And the sound of laughter spread
As hand took hand in the golden land
And pigs flew overhead.

Gronk

Staff member
I am hearing no. My information is that the CEO of another "sports related organisation" is in line for the job.(hint - based not too far from Parra!).;-)

You might end up with both. Bulldog Ritchie said on twitter that Zaps would join "the management team". If he was in line for the CEO job, he would have said so I'm sure.

Latest posts