What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Osborne: Why I had to quit

from his point of view, it achieved the result he was looking for.

Providing $1M a year to the club, will give him some say in decisions by the club, especially depending on what is written into the contract agreement.

There's no such thing as free money. Just as players are expected to behave off the field to protect the clubs image sponsor require a club to live up to certain standards.

I think Duncan is concerned that the board may hire Zappia.

But now he's not even in a position to have a say anymore. He could of instigated the the investigation into Ozzy while he was still on the board. He has shot himself in the foot tbh. If he had not resingned from the board he could instigate all these things he's saying in the paper. But now he's not in a position to do so cause he quit. Dumb move.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
If Duncan wanted a say of how the place is run why did he resign from the board?? Idiot.

No point staying on a board if you believe the CEO is not acting professionally and ethically, and the other board members didn't agree.
I wouldn't stay there and watch it happen either.

born an eel

Bench
No point staying on a board if you believe the CEO is not acting professionally and ethically, and the other board members didn't agree.
one of the articles recently had a quote from Duncan repeating something Bennet had said in the past, "if you let it happen you are just as responsible" or something to that effect. He tried to correct it from within but when that failed he had to resign.

We are better of withouut the "conflict of interest" arguement anyway. It doesn't mean he can't be in discussion with the board though.

IFR33K

Coach

Especially considering his mob is pumping so much $$$$$$ into the eels

mickdo

Coach
Providing $1M a year to the club, will give him some say in decisions by the club, especially depending on what is written into the contract agreement.

There's no such thing as free money.

Last time I checked, he gets his company's name on our jerseys, on merchandise and various other things. He also got a seat on the board (whether you agree or disagree with that), and decided to give that up himself. It isn't as if he is getting nothing for his $1m.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Frankly he should go and get f**ked. If he wanted that he should have stayed on the board.

I get the feeling he was banging his head against the wall with the other board members. I think the current board members are on another level.

so what happens in the future if duncan decides now osbourne is gone he wants his spot on the board back?

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
Last time I checked, he gets his company's name on our jerseys, on merchandise and various other things. He also got a seat on the board (whether you agree or disagree with that), and decided to give that up himself. It isn't as if he is getting nothing for his $1m.
thbere's one important thing you forgot that he has , a clause saying they can pullout of the sponsorship agreement if there is a change of CEO.

Wants wrong with talking to him, it doesn't mean you have to do everything he wants.

ParraAds

Juniors
Appointing Duncan to the board was not a smart decision to begin with. Too much conflict of interest.

But at least he has shaken things up, Osborne would have continued to get away with murder if it was just his pals on the board.

Appointing Duncan to the board was not a smart decision to begin with. Too much conflict of interest.

But at least he has shaken things up, Osborne would have continued to get away with murder if it was just his pals on the board.
who appointed duncan to the board in the first place? osbourne? fitzy?

Stagger eel

Staff member

Sorry, WTF did ossie do again, I must of missed the bit he murdered someone.