What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

boxhead

First Grade
Dude he's not even 20 years old. Of course he'll come back from this injury.

There are examples of players in this sport and other sports who either couldn't return from multiple severe knee injuries or were nowhere near what they once were or promised to be, which I thought was obvious.

Gronk

Staff member
There are examples of players in this sport and other sports who either couldn't return from multiple severe knee injuries or were nowhere near what they once were or promised to be, which I thought was obvious.

Danny Sullivan is a prime example.

Paul Mares never got his knees right either.

84 Baby

Referee
Dude he's not even 20 years old. Of course he'll come back from this injury.
Exactly. I mean Danny Sullivan was just on the wrong side of 20. If he had been born a couple of months later, he'd still be playing. And well Simon Dwyer is ancient at 22, no way he's coming back from injury

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mares at least continued his career. Fair point about Sullivan, but his case was an injury, followed by golden staph, followed by another injury two years later. In the end it looks like he just gave up.

Loko had one knee injury and looks like he just came back too soon.

I suspect he might never play centre again but if he works hard and actually lets the knee heal there's no reason he can't go on to play forever at wing or edge forward.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mares at least continued his career. Fair point about Sullivan, but his case was an injury, followed by golden staph, followed by another injury two years later. In the end it looks like he just gave up.

Loko had one knee injury and looks like he just came back too soon.

I suspect he might never play centre again but if he works hard and actually lets the knee heal there's no reason he can't go on to play forever at wing or edge forward.

funnily enough, Mares's dodgy knee didn;t end up finishing his career iut was a neck injury in 98, had the doctor not pulled the plug on his playing career he would of ended his career at Parra from the roosters.

Just on Loko, it was suggested to me by a member of parra's coaching staff that he will comeback as a 13 and not a back..

Maroubra Eel

Coach
funnily enough, Mares's dodgy knee didn;t end up finishing his career iut was a neck injury in 98, had the doctor not pulled the plug on his playing career he would of ended his career at Parra from the roosters.

Just on Loko, it was suggested to me by a member of parra's coaching staff that he will comeback as a 13 and not a back..

You sure you heard right. Maybe they said he will be back in round 13.

Bigfella

Coach
Exactly. I mean Danny Sullivan was just on the wrong side of 20. If he had been born a couple of months later, he'd still be playing. And well Simon Dwyer is ancient at 22, no way he's coming back from injury

Simon Dwyer had an appalling injury though- those are career enders at any age

Jodeci

Bench
Gerald Beale has had 2 knee reconstructions, a shoulder reconstruction and lost his mother to cancer before he turned 20 and look at him today...

hindy111

Post Whore
Hmm i heard Loko is fine and will be ok to play early this year?
Can anyone confirm his injury? My news is just form a mate who reckons he knows??

hindy111

Post Whore
So im confused he is gone for the year or not? Im not sure if maroubra eels is beeing sarcastic-Does he need another operation? Whats the latest

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So im confused he is gone for the year or not? Im not sure if maroubra eels is beeing sarcastic-Does he need another operation? Whats the latest

I was mucking around. I don't know anything.
All I know is Jodeci said he is gone for the season. I never have any reason to doubt his info.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why doesnt the club keep people informed-Why is eveerything a dam secret-Release a statement for f$$k sake on home page!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Ryan Morgan has a hammy strain.

- Matt Ryan is on a restricted training program this week due to a sore knee.

- Rory Brien is recovering well from off-season shoulder surgery and is expected to be match-ready by July.

- Jarryd Hayne has overcome his groin injury from 2011 and is training well with the side.

- Reni Maitua is recovering from his off-season ankle injury and is expected to be fit for Round 1.

- Jacob Loko is now 4 weeks post-op from his knee reconstruction, with Eels medical staff happy with his progress.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default...=46225&title=injury-report:-pre-season-week-9

hindy111

Post Whore
Rory wasnt going to make first grade this year but i guess it will hamper his progress and maybe put him back a year.( i not sure he'll cut the mustard anyhows he looks to small to me)