What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Thu | Knights 14-15 Dragons* | Hunter

Round 1 result: Knights v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haffa

Knights in a close one.

Can't wait for this game. Got my ticket. Can't be more then a few GA tickets left. Most of the Stand is single seats.

11Straight

Juniors
Can't wait for this so good to finally have the footy back!! This will be a tight game no question i reckon we might breakthrough for our first ever golden point win in this game 15-14

mongoose

Coach
Knights in a close one 18-14

Will be interesting to see how Bennet uses Gidley in the halves because he's always been awful in that position. He's a good hooker, decent fullback, terrible half.

thommo4pm

Coach
is the game sold-out? can't find any tickets

I heard on the Big Sports Breakfast on Thursday, that the game was very close to a sell out already with a week to go.
Wouldn't be surprised if it is now a sell out. Channel 9 have started advertising it the last few days which may have got people to snap up the last few remaining tickets.

thommo4pm

Coach
What does Newcastle's ground hold now with the completed stands?
Is it over 30K?
It was an impressive ground when I was there at the end of 2010, didn't get to our game against them up there last year early in the year.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Knights in a close one 18-14

Will be interesting to see how Bennet uses Gidley in the halves because he's always been awful in that position. He's a good hooker, decent fullback, terrible half.

Well, he won premierships with Shane Perry and Ben Hornby as halfbacks. Perry was/is a nuffy, and Hornby is a fullback, and probably the least creative halfback in the comp. Bennett's genius is being able to create a structure that works with the players available. I suspect he'll be able to do the same with the Knights and Gidley (who I'd rate as more talented than both Perry and Hornby, the former by the length of the straight).

Haffa

What does Newcastle's ground hold now with the completed stands?
Is it over 30K?
It was an impressive ground when I was there at the end of 2010, didn't get to our game against them up there last year early in the year.

33k capacity nowadays. Crowd will be easily 30k+

RHCP

Bench
Disappointed I can't get to the game, but still very excited to watch us begin St. George's long wait for a second premiership.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The blockbuster. Looking forward to this game almost as much as the Souths game. I reckon Knights will win but I want the Dragons to win. (Knights will be one of our biggest rivals for the top 4, Dragons will not make the 8).

Knights 18-12

thommo4pm

Coach
Disappointed I can't get to the game, but still very excited to watch us begin St. George's long wait for a second premiership.

I'm happy to wait just over 7 months from now. It's a lot shorter than the other 15 teams will be waiting. ;-)
Given BM stated we won't make the 8 just above this post of mine, we are premiership certainties.

Jason Maher

Immortal

So you want to call us "St. George" and then claim we've only won one premiership? Make your bloody mind up!

Pigskin

Juniors
One of the easiest season openers to tip in recent memory the way I see it. I do expect a quality game, but Knights to win comfortably in the end. Knights by 14.

Will be the first real display of what the Knights now have, and the Dragons don't. WB.

Only giving around 4 start depending on where you shop, at $1.90 ... a gift from the punting gods to be graciously accepted by me ;-)

Oink !

DIMEAST

Juniors
Huge advantage for Knights playing in front of thousands of passionate fans but I think the point the Dragons have to prove is much bigger and they'll get up for this game. Tipping the dragons by 12 and under.

Last edited:

Latest posts