What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prior Conviction

hardbaby

Coach
I think Prior will have a completely sick year. Yes I have stuck my red and white neck out there. Prior will play up to his potential this year. I think the Dragons forward pack is going to raise the bar this year and dominate. Prior will be a big part of it. Okay, hit me boys. I can take it. I'm not scared...

moik

Bench
He was shit last year. He played very well in the CS. He has a ton of potential. Here's hoping.

Hopeful, but not convinced, yet. He did play very well in the CS, but he needs to back that up week to week. He is no longer a youngster or inexperienced - he needs to perform at that level every week otherwise he'll get overtaken.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Was really impressed with our efforts from dummy half in the charity shield, good metres gained from darting runs from quick play the balls.....now if Prior can just manage to speed up his play the ball (he seems to take ages) then hopefully it will continue.....agree to a point with other comments on here he didnt have a good season last year lets hope he can lift in 2012.

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
totally agree - Prior will have a massive year and culminate in rep honours!!! hes bulked up, awkward to defend and has 2nd phase play in him...i think the shit is out of his game this year...i believe he was under pressure w Bennett to be creative (Cutbo on the bench) which made him incur a multitude of unforced errors...he will keep Dean young on the bench all year....our backrow Creagh/Scott/Prior plus Debellin/Young off bench is amazing!!!! best in the league

RedVDave

First Grade
Prior cops way to much slack for liking, he makes a huge amount of tackles and quiet a few hit-ups but that all seems to go unnoticed when he drops the ball he then becomes atch enemy number. For some dissapointing reason there always seems to be one scapegoat at our club even with 3 great years gone by some people still wanted something to complain about it's a shame really because Prior is fairly versatile as well he might not set the world on fire every single game but 98% of the time he does all the little things right.

Minh

First Grade
Prior in good form is a great player, I believe in him. I reckon he can bulk up a little more he has a great physique if he can add a little more weight perhaps would be more damaging.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Ton of potential.

Haha....

Now there's our problem right there. We'll hang on to players until they are 32 hoping one day they live up to their "potential".

Look.. The guy is an average player. Mainly because he offers little. He goes through the motions.
If he can add something to his game he'll have a chance. But I'm yet to see what he offers or te potential he supposedly shows (in case you hadn't noticed).

Still I'll be cheering him on like all the other players. He still wears the red v.
Until he drops the ball In the wrestle on our 22m line.

Minh

First Grade
When Prior first came on the scene I think it was in the trials in 2009 he ran the ball so hard and fast and just killed em. Let's not forget that he was one of our key forwards at the back end of 2010 and in the finals series minus Hunt and Weyman playing busted.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He's not a benchy and he's not a middle forward. He's an 80 minute performer on an edge. IMO, it takes him time to get into a groove, but he gets better the longer the game goes on.

No coincidence that 09 was his best year as he played it as a starter in the back row.

He's obviously well regarded by the coaching staff and the players.

That will do me for now.

Do us proud Matthew.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Guarentee Prior will come good.

He's an 80 minute player with great lateral defence who can play multiple positions . Also played every game last year.

I admit I cringed every time he took a hit-up last season. But the majority of his dropped ball was through trying too hard to offload - not the worst footy sin in the world.

If he just cuts that out of his game Dragon fans will go back to making their Prior puns (see what I did there?).

Bring back choc

Juniors
Guarentee Prior will come good.

He's an 80 minute player with great lateral defence who can play multiple positions . Also played every game last year.

I admit I cringed every time he took a hit-up last season. But the majority of his dropped ball was through trying too hard to offload - not the worst footy sin in the world.

If he just cuts that out of his game Dragon fans will go back to making their Prior puns (see what I did there?).

I did see that.

So maybe that's all he needs? A few signs in the crowd?

Like:

What happened to your prior form??

Or

Hold the ball prior to the play the ball!

You could just be right GKD

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I did see that.

So maybe that's all he needs? A few signs in the crowd?

Like:

What happened to your prior form??

Or

Hold the ball prior to the play the ball!

You could just be right GKD

So you think there's no hope for him?

Whats the criteria he has to meet to change your opinion?

I thought he was massive in the Charity Shield and his stats backed that up.

Bring back choc

Juniors
So you think there's no hope for him?

Whats the criteria he has to meet to change your opinion?

I thought he was massive in the Charity Shield and his stats backed that up.

Of course there is hope for him.

But I would have cut him last year. We've let go a lot of talent and prior had escaped the axe. You are kidding if you think he doesn't deserve the spot light to be on him.
Smith, costigan, cuthbo... To name a few. All left.

Many players have played well in rd charity shield.
Look at bosden. He was enormous and then did nothing.

Prior needs to have an impact. He needs to reduce his stupid errors that put us under pressure and he needs to either start smashing blokes or have some influence in attack develop an off load that creates qulity second phase play. Run wide and attract 2 or 3 defenders ever time.

When this happens, I'll change my tune.

He's a long way from this at the moment.

blacksafake

First Grade
Have always rated him, me thinks he just needs to be given a bit of time in the one position which is in the backrow.Being shuffled from position to position would'nt have helped his mindset over the last two years.He has a big motor & it was mentioned here somewhere that he gets better as the game goes on which i think is true.A backrow of him,creagh,beau,debelin,young etc should hold us in good stead.

Latest posts