What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was the point of picking DCE

the kirwan kid

Juniors
Why pick him if they aren't going to use him. Felt sorry for him. Could have used Lewis as the utility, Gallen at lock and picked petero in the side... And Aussie Mick weyman instead of james Tamou!

drago brelli

Bench
Top player but he won't make the QLD team. Can we have him, he's been living on the Northern Beaches for a while now.

johns_reds

First Grade
Got to agree with this, hope qld don't pick him, what's the point? Gillet would have been much more useful utility

innsaneink

Referee
Sheens will say critics "dont know what theyre talking about"

Fans that criticise players are "so called fans"

Sheens & Furner...proof dumb & dumber could coach the Roos

Sheens is paranoid and past it

The only reason I can come up with why DCE wasnt sent on is that the game was in the balance 12-14 for most of the second half and Sheens wouldnt want of ruined the team structure in that crucial period.

drago brelli

Bench
In some respects I don't blame Sheens. He probably didn't want him in the first place. I reckon Fulton chose him. Sheens probably thought, where am I supposed to play this bloke.

Mr Fourex

Bench
The only reason I can come up with why DCE wasnt sent on is that the game was in the balance 12-14 for most of the second half and Sheens wouldnt want of ruined the team structure in that crucial period.

Of course.......it's the ONLY reason.

Sheens is a boob.......but pulling off either Smith, JT or Cronk and sticking in a rookie half like DCE when the game was for the most part, hanging in the balance, would be enormous stupidity even for the likes of Tim Sheens.

It's not school football fellas.........not everybody HAS to get a run.

DCE would've come in handy if either of those 3 come up injured at any stage of the match.....luckily for us he wasn't needed.

Waste of a bench spot. If either of your halves go down you could play the likes of Luke Lewis, Greg Inglis or even Darius Boyd as a stop gap 6. Should have picked another forward in the bench over DCE.

watatank

Coach
they were probably hoping that australia got well on top and then DCE would play a token 10-15 minutes for "experience" :roll:

Has to be a bozo selection.
A utility spot has to go to someone who can cover the backs & the forwards (Luke Lewis is probably the best at the moment).
Gillett should have been picked on the bench.
Picking someone who can cover 1 or 2 positions is crazy.
& that is why DCE & Barba will NOT be on the bench for QLD.

Latest posts