What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campese gone for the season

hindy111

Post Whore
From an outsider id moe dugan to 5/8 and leave robinson at fullback..otherwise bring sam williams in...

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Sorry to hear the news. I hope he makes a good, quick recovery for 2013. Campese couldn't buy luck with all the tickets in a lottery.

Cryptic

Juniors
Heard the news at work (only just finished up for the day, long day) and it made a shit day even worse...

And players have come back from worse... Tate, Marshall, and many others have come back from back to back major injuries so it certainly can be done.

For this year I think we need to start looking at:

1 - Dugan / Robinson (If Robinson is going to play up in the line he needs to learn to pass the f**king ball to Croker though! That game against Brisbane was a shocker! Hoged the ball all night long! Croker is leading the league in points [1st], tries [was 2nd], and tackle breaks [1st] why the f**k wouldn't you pass to him!)
6 - McCrone (unless we put him in the hooking roll) or Williams or Wighton or Dugan?
7 - Berrigan, we need someone with more experience in the middle of the park and this would possibly give is a bit more organisation and direction.
9 - McCrone, if he goes well at hooker in Country (assuming he plays there at all) then I would heavily consider putting him here... Both Buttriss and Waddel have been far too inconsistant and none of them have put in a good 40 minutes of football this year. The other option would again be Berrigan.

Last edited:

Izz

Bench
Poor fellah! :(

I hope you guys give Wighton a shot at 5/8. Reckon he's got something special about him.

Spot On

Coach
I don't think Campese has been that good since he has been back. He hasn't taken on the line and his ball playing hasn't been great. This shouldn't be the end of our season.

Geez mate, you wouldn't have given 5 cents for your centre Croker last year but he has been slaying it with Campo back. Let's see how he goes without him now.

Cryptic

Juniors
That's actually Croker biggest issue, I don't know if he doesn't ask for the ball enough or what but unless Campese is out there he never gets the ball anywhere but 2cms from the side line.... Campese gave him some quality ball and he showed us what he can do... Last weekend Robinson hogged it constantly so Croker wasn't able to do anything for us and Dugan was doing the same to an extent... Would love to see him get the ball with room to work some magic more often (although he too has an issue with passing it sometimes).

Feel bad for Campese. He would be devastated. Plenty of courage if he comes back from this. Dugan is mad playing with that injury.

supera

Juniors
firstly, i feel really bad for campo. no one deserves three back to back injuries like this.

secondly, i hope we move Dugan to 5/8. i said in another post a couple of weeks ago that Robinson is much more of a full back that i want in the green. he's a better tackler than dugan, he's good under the high ball, and he doesn't look like he's going to break in half every time he takes on the line. dugan needs to be in a position where he's taking less tackles and not taking tackles after a 30 metre run up.

the rant portion is that i'm so sick to death of these injuries. i'm sick of guys being rushed back early. i'm sick of guys under injury clouds "passing late fitness tests" and getting serious injuries. it happened to Dugan last year. it happened to tll last year. i don't think it's much of a stretch to say that campese's injury last year was a result of compensating for the injured knee.

and now last week, having been defending on the wing with a dodgy knee for 2 weeks previous, passes a fitness test with fluid on the knee and goes down.

and furner will blame any negative results for the remainder of this season, it makes me really, really angry.

injuries aren't our problem. injury management is our problem. seriously, do we even have a fitness department? if so, who the bloody hell are the hacks that work there?

constant injuries and re-injuries over 2 seasons are not down to bad luck. it's down to bad management. i'm sick of it.

watch it happen again next week when dugan comes back.

can't do any further damage to his shoulder my arse... the movement of the bone in its socket is likely to cause long term damange.

Latest posts