What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I f*cking hate pink jerseys

GAZF

First Grade
She was pissed off last week because ever since she did that she's been bombarded with endless junk mail from them, the Glenn McGrath foundation among several other breast cancer charities on a weekly basis asking her to donate or buy this, this or this. She won't donate again, and this is from a survivor of the illness

I'm happy and do donate to charity but only to those organizations that don't ram it down your throat.

Its ridiculous that a charity that has saturated the media needs to spend precious funding on preaching to the converted.

Fire

First Grade
The NRL should have a Round dedicated to raising awareness for the rights of homosexual whales in the Indian Ocean.

Aragorn

First Grade
men in pink promotes homosexuality not women.

if they want to promote women, then have women commentators or have them doing something other than cheerleading....

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
So it's Women In League round. Is the the best we can do plonk on a pink jumper? What does that do for Women? It's like women honouring men by wearing a strap on.

And dont give me that marketing crap. Who would buy a pink jersey ffs?

I'm sure there are better things clubs could do - such as honouring women who go great work for their club, in the community etc. Players walking out with an honoured woman like sometimes players walk out with kids would be better.

Brisbane wont be the only club doing it, or have ever done it. My club have issued a pink Eels logo. F*cking abysmal and does nothing by belittle the sentiment behind the idea.

Agreed.

I think the whole punk jumper is going a bit too far.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I work for a charity and reality is once people have donated once they are far more likely to do so again. Having said that we only do 3 direct mail contacts a year as overkill can turn donators away.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I work for a charity and reality is once people have donated once they are far more likely to do so again. Having said that we only do 3 direct mail contacts a year as overkill can turn donators away.

This is probably true with women and one night stands with league players, though in that scenario, overkill is less of an issue.

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
men in pink promotes homosexuality not women.
No....that would be if they were wearing purple.

Pink is related to breast cancer it's pretty well known these days.
Just how many other sports wear pink while promoting a cause? Yeah, what I thought.
For that alone it stays, don't whinge because there are pink jerseys for one damn round, how self absorbed can you get.

LS, you have once again proven how ancient and clueless you are with whinging about something that is extremely effective and unique.

Fire

First Grade
It's a tie between Broncos and Cowboys at the moment for worst pink shirt. Tigers will take the cake tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what shit the other home teams bring out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There are some complete and utter f**kwits on this forum, I swear to God.

Billythekid

First Grade
The Penrith jersey looks great. Actually i think it looks better than most of the regular jerseys (including penriths).

Even better is with the oak symbol they look like strawberry milkshakes.

Fire

First Grade
There are some complete and utter f**kwits on this forum, I swear to God.

Why lol? We're criticising the jerseys, not the concept of the 'Women in League' Round.

They can promote the idea; sell the 'pink' jerseys in the merchandise shops; coaches can wear pink scarves at the pressers; players can wear pink boots, mouth guards, head gear, pink socks; trainers can wear pink socks. But the teams need to stop butchering some of their jerseys, it's unseemly to watch.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
Penrith looks fine in the pink - they use a real strawberry milk, close up at Brazzers sort of vivid pink that I think looks very fetching. Plus they were the first to do it (weren't they?) plus they can call themselves the Pink Panthers which is rad. Any other team though, looks awful. The Broncos have looked the worst. f**k pink jerseys, do pink headgear, mouthguards, boots, socks, pink V's... just not pink jerseys.

Danish

Referee
Why lol? We're criticising the jerseys, not the concept of the 'Women in League' Round.

They can promote the idea; sell the 'pink' jerseys in the merchandise shops; coaches can wear pink scarves at the pressers; players can wear pink boots, mouth guards, head gear, pink socks; trainers can wear pink socks. But the teams need to stop butchering some of their jerseys, it's unseemly to watch.

I'd hazard a guess he is talking about the "pinky poofs wear pink" homophobes

duck_dodgers

Juniors
at least the clubs wearing pink have done it for a good cause ...

unlike the team that changed their jersey to look like a blue chocolate ...

MMsjersey.jpg

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The Penrith jersey looks great. Actually i think it looks better than most of the regular jerseys (including penriths).

Even better is with the oak symbol they look like strawberry milkshakes.

Come on, they looked like used tampons.

At least keep the shorts and socks black.

Loudstrat

Coach
No....that would be if they were wearing purple.

Pink is related to breast cancer it's pretty well known these days.
Just how many other sports wear pink while promoting a cause? Yeah, what I thought.
For that alone it stays, don't whinge because there are pink jerseys for one damn round, how self absorbed can you get.

LS, you have once again proven how ancient and clueless you are with whinging about something that is extremely effective and unique.
I realise Shorty that you are among the most geniused and clueless posters ever to manage to coordinate fingers to hit buttons on a keyboard. I have no idea why you are so f*cking vile in criticising a call to do better, and to do more?

You must really like to keep women in the kitchen, right? God I cant wait until League gets rid of neanderthals like you and your male chauvinist ideals.

You are a brainless f*ckwit. Always have been, always will be.