What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even More Crap VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

parra pete

Referee
Somebody tell the administrators parra Pete has hacked into mick do's account

No hack, Black Caviar that's for sure.
It was good to see her winnnnney, even if it was just by a nose.
The trainer would have been very Moodey with her jockey "Luke here, Nolen niing her have her own way so close to the line in future, you nearly cast a mourning (sic) cloud over the whole day.

hybrideel

Bench
No hack, Black Caviar that's for sure.
It was good to see her winnnnney, even if it was just by a nose.
The trainer would have been very Moodey with her jockey "Luke here, Nolen niing her have her own way so close to the line in future, you nearly cast a mourning (sic) cloud over the whole day.

and that my friends is how you do a dad joke

parra pete

Referee
I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (sixtyish)
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'

The doctor responded by asking, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?'
'Oh no,' I replied . . .. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?'
I said, 'Not much since my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing,hiking, or bicycling?'
'No, I don't,' I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, go on vacations or have a lot of sex?'
'No,' I said.

He looked at me and said, . . . 'Then, why do you even give a shit?

hindy111

Post Whore
SBW is not coming.
I did hear and intresting one. Blake Austin isnt overly happy and penrith and parra has told him to come and talk-I doubt penrith will let him go thou.But they have pu him in and out of first grade to keep his value down for salary cap reasons-He isnt happy about getting played less when he isnt in first grade.
We will see what comes of it

Avenger

Immortal
SBW is not coming.
I did hear and intresting one. Blake Austin isnt overly happy and penrith and parra has told him to come and talk-I doubt penrith will let him go thou.But they have pu him in and out of first grade to keep his value down for salary cap reasons-He isnt happy about getting played less when he isnt in first grade.
We will see what comes of it

Looks like Gus is avoiding the activation of certain clauses.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...out-700000-on-rising-star-20120303-1u9mw.html

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah he is.And the young guy isnt happy cause he is beeing paid less. Parra have told him come talk when your ready.Thou im sure he has another 2 yrs on his contract

Delboy

First Grade
Blake Austin was made aware of our interest, but apparently he lost his D/L for a relatively long period and he had concerns about training etc, was exaggerated by people at the Panthers, and that was a big issue in his resigning at the foot of mthe mountain.

He has bonuses in his contract, and looks like he will get pulled back for 2/3 weeks stints to keep them out of salary cap probs.

Here is a point for discussion, is there a reason why we have issues getting commitment from players, the club is doing well financially so no issues, the coach has full control, so is SK that big a problem, or do we have specific targets and if we cant get them, then nada??

Gronk

Staff member
Was just talking to a Kiwi in the know with the AB coach. He just came back from NZ and reckons that SBW will be retained by NZRU.

NZRU have a war chest of $80M from mechanise sold world wide and they will use it to bump his contract and meet the cash from the Roosters and (partly) Jap Rugby.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Blake Austin was made aware of our interest, but apparently he lost his D/L for a relatively long period and he had concerns about training etc, was exaggerated by people at the Panthers, and that was a big issue in his resigning at the foot of mthe mountain.

He has bonuses in his contract, and looks like he will get pulled back for 2/3 weeks stints to keep them out of salary cap probs.

Here is a point for discussion, is there a reason why we have issues getting commitment from players, the club is doing well financially so no issues, the coach has full control, so is SK that big a problem, or do we have specific targets and if we cant get them, then nada??

I would wager the media and our ladder position play a big part in players having a tough time committing - case in point is Tony Williams. I know the bloke loves this place and would have come back in a heartbeat, but the combination of his manager, the media and the possibility that if we don't do well he may not play rep football made him sign at the Dogs.

But from my understanding, Kearney and Nolan have identified several areas to improve upon in terms of recruitment, and we have back-ups, so if we miss our man, we can always target someone else. No different to any other club, really, I suppose.

I still believe we have a few signings up our sleeves - I think some deals have been done (not necessarily for big names) but have yet to be announced. Just a gut feeling.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith rate him highly thou and wont let him go!

Im sure we have signed a few players.But f we dont im not to bothered.I think guys like loko-terepo can step up next year

Status
Not open for further replies.