What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

coote?

Big Mick

Referee
Not only that why would he leave? He is earning coin he wont earn at any other club He wont give that up.

Not only that why would he leave? He is earning coin he wont earn at any other club He wont give that up.

If he believes he has the talent , he may just believe he can eventually get back the money from a new contract.

That and some people genuinely don't care about the money , he may value other things.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Coote and Moltzen would be the worst Fullbacks in the Comp.

Even Zillman is going pretty good now he is settled at Fullback.

Not to mention our Halves pairing is the worst and our hooker is about 10-12th best.

No wonder we sit 15th...

Can't blame the players for their selection week in, week out. We all were hoping the coach would do the right thing and put Gordon at fullback at the start of the season - that didn't happen. And why was Walsh re-signed again, what were the reasons for that one?

franklin2323

Immortal
Can't blame the players for their selection week in, week out. We all were hoping the coach would do the right thing and put Gordon at fullback at the start of the season - that didn't happen. And why was Walsh re-signed again, what were the reasons for that one?

Yeah. We should be trying different players and tactics. This team & tactics will struggle again next year. So prepare others to take over

rem286

Juniors
Are you surprised at the lack of tactics. Look at the Warriors when Cleary was there, most of their points came from second phase/broken play, not set moves and they had a better halves pairing and some good grunt up forward.

chrisD

Coach
Second phase play is a mark of that team and Warriors teams in general, regardless of who is coaching them they'll produce big points from second phase play, it means nothing.

franklin2323

Immortal
Are you surprised at the lack of tactics. Look at the Warriors when Cleary was there, most of their points came from second phase/broken play, not set moves and they had a better halves pairing and some good grunt up forward.

Ivan has a style of footy he wants them to play. I am yet to see what that style is. He knows what it is the players should know. It's rnd 20 we are no better then rnd 1. Time to atleast know if other players can do the job.

rem286

Juniors
Kearney got punted after winning only 9 from 41 - about 22% success rate. Ivan is currently sitting on 4 from 19 or 21%. Will Gus and the board take the same course of action come round 15 2013 if that strike rate does not improve?

From the moment Gus came in he said we will struggle for a few years, we aren't looking for a quick fix like Parra eg. Paying Sandow a fortune

darkbloom

Juniors
From the moment Gus came in he said we will struggle for a few years, we aren't looking for a quick fix like Parra eg. Paying Sandow a fortune

He first said 18 months. Then he said 3 years. Now he is saying by 2014 or 2015. He joined us mid 2011.

He is banking on Warren Wilson selling of Panthers assets. As soon as he gets access to money he will be buy buy buy.

franklin2323

Immortal
Kearney got punted after winning only 9 from 41 - about 22% success rate. Ivan is currently sitting on 4 from 19 or 21%. Will Gus and the board take the same course of action come round 15 2013 if that strike rate does not improve?

Good question. I doubt it. They are too good mates. I didn't expect to win the comp this year. I would of been happy to match last years record.

What I am not happy with is ave 16.4 points a game lose games atleast throwing the ball around. Picking the same struggling players when you have lower graders going well. If we lose but we give others a go that's fine.

Big Mick

Referee
Considering we have used the most players of any team in the comp I think it is a bit difficult to assess Ivan this year.

We need to see what this team can do injury free.

I mean the Storm have used the least amount of players in the comp...but lose their two best players and they lost 3 on the trot.

You cannot be a consistent team unless your combinations are consistently there.

In 2010 we had a charmed run with injuries up until round 20. Injuries hit near the finals and we played like garbage.

Next year, even without Lewis I think our team is better. People will disagree but I think our top 17 is definitely better.

I'll begin to assess Ivan based on the development of the likes of Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi, Harry Seijka, Tony Satini, George Jennings, Chris Smith, Bryce Cartwright etc. Those are the guys we'll build a premiership behind and if Ivan can get his development projects right...we'll be ok.

franklin2323

Immortal
Considering we have used the most players of any team in the comp I think it is a bit difficult to assess Ivan this year.

Due to Injuries not form. We all know the weaknesses. Given the recruitment Gus knows as well. Yet players in these positions have not once been in Windsor.

We have seen what Burns & Walsh can do together for the last 4 seasons not much. Jennings no ball still. Coote way down on prior years. Kingston slow poor service. Plum no impact.

All will be big parts next year unless we try someone else. For eg. 1 week we play Walsh/Siejka. Next Burns/Siejka. Then Taumata/Burns & and so on. Certainly can't be any worse off.

LeagueLegend

Juniors

We need to see what this team can do injury free.

Rather than assess Ivan perhaps we need to assess the training staff and why players have become more injury prone? It's strange that new training staff come to the club and their is a sudden run of injuries. Look at Tim Grant's injury, it took weeks before they could actually work out the problem let alone get treatment.

Big Mick

Referee
I think this injury run has been going for the last 6 years. Only time we had some break with injuries was in 2010. Even then by the end of the year it was same thing.

The OX

Juniors
Is it normal for players in the NRL to do extensive training outside the club both in and out of the season?

Lewis, Grant, Smith and Possibly more do train with an outside trainer.

They should only be training under the monitoring and guidance of experience trainers with specific NRL experience.